Just Ordered A Romillo

Sblakers

Congratulations on your amazing Romillo!

The Soul is the Romillo that has caught my eye. Maybe one of these days...

Thank you ethernautrix :). The soul is gorgeous. I wouldn't mind having one of those either. Kind of reminds me of the montblanc 1912 heritage a little. Misterboll has convinced me that I need a k flex nib so maybe the soul will be my next one. If my pen funds can ever recover from the "great crash" of 2014

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sblakers

• MisterBoll

• da vinci

• mongrelnomad

Thank you ethernautrix :). The soul is gorgeous. I wouldn't mind having one of those either. Kind of reminds me of the montblanc 1912 heritage a little. Misterboll has convinced me that I need a k flex nib so maybe the soul will be my next one. If my pen funds can ever recover from the "great crash" of 2014

I've learned not to be jealous of ultra-flexbile nibs. I have a wet noodle Waterman 7 Pink and a John Mottishaw custom 14k Milord (that is as flexy as the Waterman), and it takes a much steadier, much more practiced hand than mine to do them justice!

Too many pens; too little writing.

Oh no!! The eo 9 is too good. I'm finding myself succumbing to the temptation to buy the soul. Mongrelnomad, I'm afraid the flexy goodness might be wasted on me but I'm still being drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

This is one of the pens that I covet, can't afford, and I really don't appreciate your flaunting it in front of me!

Beautiful....

the Danitrio Fellowship

This is one of the pens that I covet, can't afford, and I really don't appreciate your flaunting it in front of me!

Beautiful....

Hi Doug c. Sorry to flaunt :). Not a ton of info on these pens( hence my flauntacious behavior. :). ) which is a shame because I think a lot if people are missing out Edited by Sblakers

I had a chance to buy one about 2 years ago for a few hundred dollars...smacks forehead. ..(this was one of the other models).

The most beautiful nib I have seen.

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

Thanks for posting about the grease. That's nice to know. As far as the emeperor, that's an intersting question. I had an emeperor red urushi as well and I don't perfectly recall the sealing system. Was it metal to ebonite ? If this was the case I might theorize that the ebonite threads would create a good enough seal with the metal. As far as the Romillo. It's metal to metal--- either way is imagine the namiki is machine made where as the metal parts for the Romillo are all hand made and so the tolerances will be drastically different. With all this said I prefer the Romillo system.

I believe the seal in the Emperor is ebonite to ebonite. No metal in that pen except for the nib and the clip, as far as I can tell.

Will be looking into a Romillo as soon as my pen fund gets replenished, maybe next year?!

I believe the seal in the Emperor is ebonite to ebonite. No metal in that pen except for the nib and the clip, as far as I can tell.

Will be looking into a Romillo as soon as my pen fund gets replenished, maybe next year?!

Hmm. Maybe ebonite to ebonite can make for a better seal? My pen funds have been obliterated also.i like the Romillo so much I am going to sell a pen so I can grab a Soul with a k flex nib.

i like the Romillo so much I am going to sell a pen so I can grab a Soul with a k flex nib.

Let us know what you plan to sell.

I sold my montblanc 138. Awesome pen but if I'm not going to use it I'd rather it go to someone who will or to someone whose collection will benefit from it.

How does the #9 nib stack up against the MB149 nib in terms of feel and reliability?

I much prefer the Romillo nib. Not only is it gorgeous but it writes like a dream. Pen has never skipped one time and it lays down a precise wet line. I really like mb' s and more specifically 149's( 139 is my favorite mb) and I without hesitation I would choose the Romillo nib. The shape of the nib coupled with its unique feel make it by Far my favorite nib I've ever used.

This pen has blown me away! So much so I have ordered another romillo. This time I ordered the blue Soul with a k flex nib. I should have it by May 12. When I get it I will post pictures. I will be reviewing my Eo 9 soon. Never thought I'd find the 1 pen but I have. There isn't a single thing about this pen that I don't find absolutely perfect.

This pen has blown me away! So much so I have ordered another romillo. This time I ordered the blue Soul with a k flex nib. I should have it by May 12. When I get it I will post pictures. I will be reviewing my Eo 9 soon. Never thought I'd find the 1 pen but I have. There isn't a single thing about this pen that I don't find absolutely perfect.

Great news. We'll wait patiently for pictures.

Great news. We'll wait patiently for pictures.

I can't wait to try the k flex nib.

Anyone tried the Soul yet? It's an interesting design and I'm curious how it feels in hand.

I much prefer the Romillo nib. Not only is it gorgeous but it writes like a dream. Pen has never skipped one time and it lays down a precise wet line. I really like mb' s and more specifically 149's( 139 is my favorite mb) and I without hesitation I would choose the Romillo nib. The shape of the nib coupled with its unique feel make it by Far my favorite nib I've ever used.

Unfortunately, I think you've sold me on one. The Evo 9 is expensive....

Unfortunately, I think you've sold me on one. The Evo 9 is expensive....

Haha nice! Thing is, what other company offers what they do? I don't think there is another bespoke company who hand makes everything on the pen. And it's not a novelty, the nibs are better than other bigger named manufacturers IMO. Romillo makes the best nibs period IMO. Add in their eye dropper filling system (which is awesome by the way) and you have something really unique and special. The craftsmanship is ridiculously good and their presentation is fantastic as well. Customer service is super and the pens have life time warranties. It shocks me they haven't received the kind of fan fare nakaya has. Romillos nibs alone are worth what they are asking price wise IMO.

Romillo are dream pens. I want one. But it is expensive. You can have a Nakaya for more than half that price... I don't say Romillo is overpriced, I can apriciate the work, the artistry, well, well worth the price. But simply said, it's a luxury item. It is.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Gee... you've gone and ordered a Soul. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and writing samples. Congratulations!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Gee... you've gone and ordered a Soul.

:lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch