#61 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2014 - 14:18

Congratulations on your amazing Romillo!

The Soul is the Romillo that has caught my eye. Maybe one of these days...

Thank you ethernautrix :). The soul is gorgeous. I wouldn't mind having one of those either. Kind of reminds me of the montblanc 1912 heritage a little. Misterboll has convinced me that I need a k flex nib so maybe the soul will be my next one. If my pen funds can ever recover from the "great crash" of 2014

#62 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,446 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 17:40

Thank you ethernautrix :). The soul is gorgeous. I wouldn't mind having one of those either. Kind of reminds me of the montblanc 1912 heritage a little. Misterboll has convinced me that I need a k flex nib so maybe the soul will be my next one. If my pen funds can ever recover from the "great crash" of 2014

I've learned not to be jealous of ultra-flexbile nibs. I have a wet noodle Waterman 7 Pink and a John Mottishaw custom 14k Milord (that is as flexy as the Waterman), and it takes a much steadier, much more practiced hand than mine to do them justice!

Too many pens; too little writing.

#63 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2014 - 18:43

Oh no!! The eo 9 is too good. I'm finding myself succumbing to the temptation to buy the soul. Mongrelnomad, I'm afraid the flexy goodness might be wasted on me but I'm still being drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

#64 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 21:00

This is one of the pens that I covet, can't afford, and I really don't appreciate your flaunting it in front of me!

Beautiful....

the Danitrio Fellowship

#65 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2014 - 22:03

This is one of the pens that I covet, can't afford, and I really don't appreciate your flaunting it in front of me!

Beautiful....

Hi Doug c. Sorry to flaunt :). Not a ton of info on these pens( hence my flauntacious behavior. :). ) which is a shame because I think a lot if people are missing out

Edited by Sblakers, 05 April 2014 - 22:10.

#66 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,063 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 22:48

I had a chance to buy one about 2 years ago for a few hundred dollars...smacks forehead. ..(this was one of the other models).

The most beautiful nib I have seen.

Edited by Doug C, 05 April 2014 - 22:54.

the Danitrio Fellowship

#67 shuuemura

shuuemura

Japanese Pen Lover.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:23

Thanks for posting about the grease. That's nice to know. As far as the emeperor, that's an intersting question. I had an emeperor red urushi as well and I don't perfectly recall the sealing system. Was it metal to ebonite ? If this was the case I might theorize that the ebonite threads would create a good enough seal with the metal. As far as the Romillo. It's metal to metal--- either way is imagine the namiki is machine made where as the metal parts for the Romillo are all hand made and so the tolerances will be drastically different. With all this said I prefer the Romillo system.

I believe the seal in the Emperor is ebonite to ebonite. No metal in that pen except for the nib and the clip, as far as I can tell.

Will be looking into a Romillo as soon as my pen fund gets replenished, maybe next year?!

#68 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:49

I believe the seal in the Emperor is ebonite to ebonite. No metal in that pen except for the nib and the clip, as far as I can tell.

Will be looking into a Romillo as soon as my pen fund gets replenished, maybe next year?!

Hmm. Maybe ebonite to ebonite can make for a better seal? My pen funds have been obliterated also.i like the Romillo so much I am going to sell a pen so I can grab a Soul with a k flex nib.

#69 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 14:21

i like the Romillo so much I am going to sell a pen so I can grab a Soul with a k flex nib.

Let us know what you plan to sell.

#70 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2014 - 16:45

I sold my montblanc 138. Awesome pen but if I'm not going to use it I'd rather it go to someone who will or to someone whose collection will benefit from it.

#71 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:40

How does the #9 nib stack up against the MB149 nib in terms of feel and reliability?

#72 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 14:44

How does the #9 nib stack up against the MB149 nib in terms of feel and reliability?

I much prefer the Romillo nib. Not only is it gorgeous but it writes like a dream. Pen has never skipped one time and it lays down a precise wet line. I really like mb' s and more specifically 149's( 139 is my favorite mb) and I without hesitation I would choose the Romillo nib. The shape of the nib coupled with its unique feel make it by Far my favorite nib I've ever used.

#73 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 14:47

This pen has blown me away! So much so I have ordered another romillo. This time I ordered the blue Soul with a k flex nib. I should have it by May 12. When I get it I will post pictures. I will be reviewing my Eo 9 soon. Never thought I'd find the 1 pen but I have. There isn't a single thing about this pen that I don't find absolutely perfect.

#74 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 15:06

This pen has blown me away! So much so I have ordered another romillo. This time I ordered the blue Soul with a k flex nib. I should have it by May 12. When I get it I will post pictures. I will be reviewing my Eo 9 soon. Never thought I'd find the 1 pen but I have. There isn't a single thing about this pen that I don't find absolutely perfect.

Great news. We'll wait patiently for pictures.

#75 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 16:32

Great news. We'll wait patiently for pictures.

I can't wait to try the k flex nib.

Anyone tried the Soul yet? It's an interesting design and I'm curious how it feels in hand.

#76 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 16:53

I much prefer the Romillo nib. Not only is it gorgeous but it writes like a dream. Pen has never skipped one time and it lays down a precise wet line. I really like mb' s and more specifically 149's( 139 is my favorite mb) and I without hesitation I would choose the Romillo nib. The shape of the nib coupled with its unique feel make it by Far my favorite nib I've ever used.

Unfortunately, I think you've sold me on one. The Evo 9 is expensive....

#77 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 17:54

Unfortunately, I think you've sold me on one. The Evo 9 is expensive....

Haha nice! Thing is, what other company offers what they do? I don't think there is another bespoke company who hand makes everything on the pen. And it's not a novelty, the nibs are better than other bigger named manufacturers IMO. Romillo makes the best nibs period IMO. Add in their eye dropper filling system (which is awesome by the way) and you have something really unique and special. The craftsmanship is ridiculously good and their presentation is fantastic as well. Customer service is super and the pens have life time warranties. It shocks me they haven't received the kind of fan fare nakaya has. Romillos nibs alone are worth what they are asking price wise IMO.

#78 Namo

Namo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,717 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 18:48

Romillo are dream pens. I want one. But it is expensive. You can have a Nakaya for more than half that price... I don't say Romillo is overpriced, I can apriciate the work, the artistry, well, well worth the price. But simply said, it's a luxury item. It is.

amonjak.com

cropped-amonjak-partie-4-de-4_page_4-modifiee1.jpg  

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

#79 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,548 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 18:49

Gee... you've gone and ordered a Soul. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and writing samples. Congratulations!

I ink; therefore, I am
Fleekair <--French accent.

#80 dcpritch

dcpritch

Uff da

• Moderators

• 2,535 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 20:25

Gee... you've gone and ordered a Soul.

:lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

#81 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 20:25

Gee... you've gone and ordered a Soul. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and writing samples. Congratulations!

Thank you:). Was at a loss though. I had to sell my 138 to do it. As son as I get it I'll do a comparative writing sample between the EO and it

#82 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• 2,115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:17

Sblakers,

Can you please tell me the overall length of your EO pen capped?

Length of pen uncapped from end of barrel to end of section?

And width of barrel at wide point?

Thanks,

Mark

Digerati & FP Addict
Diplomat #055

*** Please check my for sale posts in Classifieds ***

#83 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:49

Romillo makes the best nibs period IMO. Add in their eye dropper filling system (which is awesome by the way) and you have something really unique and special. The craftsmanship is ridiculously good and their presentation is fantastic as well. Customer service is super and the pens have life time warranties. It shocks me they haven't received the kind of fan fare nakaya has. Romillos nibs alone are worth what they are asking price wise IMO.

I agree 1000%.

#84 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 23:17

Sblakers,

Can you please tell me the overall length of your EO pen capped?

Length of pen uncapped from end of barrel to end of section?

And width of barrel at wide point?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi mark. I can measure the length for you if I can find my ruler--- my daughter likes to use it as a sword lol. But if I can't here are the measurements from their website

Features:
Length (capped) 145 mm*.
Maximum barrel diameter without cap: 14,40 mm*
Maximum barrel diameter with cap: 16,50 mm
Weight 37,6 g*.
Nib #9 18 kt solid gold made.
Filling system: Eyedropper

#85 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• 2,115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:14

Thanks for the info....

If you can find your ruler, can you please provide the length of the pen barrel....from end of barrel to end of the section by the nib....

Also, when I compare the profile of your pen uncapped to the profile in the Romillo brochure it appears to be a bit different. Is it just my eyes or did you make some modification to the design?

Thanks!

Edited by ArchiMark, 08 April 2014 - 03:26.

Digerati & FP Addict
Diplomat #055

*** Please check my for sale posts in Classifieds ***

#86 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:00

Thanks for the info....

If you can find your ruler, can you please provide the length of the pen barrel....from end of barrel to end of the section by the nib....

Also, when I compare the profile of your pen uncapped to the profile in the Romillo brochure it appears to be a bit different. Is it just my eyes or did you make some modification to the design?

Thanks!

Hi Mark,

Wasn't able to find my ruler :(. I did not specify any size when I ordered. Is it for sure the EO you are looking at in he brochure ? Before I ordered my pen I studied the pictures on the website and chose the EO because it was the most classic looking of the flat tops ( to my eye). If I can manage to find the ruler or measuring tape I'll get the measurement to ya tomorrow

Out if curiosity- what seems to be different?

Edited by Sblakers, 08 April 2014 - 04:02.

#87 petachiu

petachiu

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:21

The K nib is a true representation of vintage feel.  I have a Essential writer that goes from F to a BB.

I am about to order a Eo9 as the K nib is not suitable for my usual writing style.  

#88 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:48

All these rumblings are the beginning of a

Romillo Revolution

#89 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:56

Hahah.

All these rumblings are the beginning of a
Romillo Revolution

Haha, the hype is very well deserved! As I continue to write with my eo 9 one thing I really appreciate is the fact that I can un cap the pen and just jot something down very quickly not really having to worry about nib orientation all that much and yet I still get that amazing "feel" that I get when I use my vintage nibs. As much as I love my 139 it takes more focus to keep it on its sweet spot. She still hasn't skipped once on me and every paper I use feels great( even low grade (bleep) paper). This is also intersting considering that my nib is a fine and I'm using an iron gall mixture. I don't know how they made these nibs so amazing!

#90 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:58

The K nib is a true representation of vintage feel.  I have a Essential writer that goes from F to a BB.

I am about to order a Eo9 as the K nib is not suitable for my usual writing style.

Very nice! Congrats on your soon to be order. The EO 9 is simply amazing!!