Just Ordered A Romillo

Sblakers

Hey there. Well, just ordered a black and blue eo #9. This purchase stretched my pen funds further than I wanted for the year. Was hoping some people who own Romillo's might chime in, giving me some encouragement. Anyone try the #9 nibs? And if so what do you think. How are you guys likeing your Romillo's? Not a lot of info on these pens around here and any info you would like to share might help me to get through the month long wait. :)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sblakers

• MisterBoll

• da vinci

• mongrelnomad

I have an Essential Writer with a K nib that is an absolute wonder to write with. You'll be more than pleased with your Romillo. It's worth every cent - which is alot more than can be said about certain up-there-in-price pens. Every aspect is beautifully crafted. Post some pictures when you receive it.

No experience for me but these pens have been on my radar for some time. I look forward to hearing about your experience (and that of others) in the event that one day I pull the trigger on one. Thanks, and congratulations--Post Script

Hey there. Well, just ordered a black and blue eo #9. This purchase stretched my pen funds further than I wanted for the year. Was hoping some people who own Romillo's might chime in, giving me some encouragement. Anyone try the #9 nibs? And if so what do you think. How are you guys likeing your Romillo's? Not a lot of info on these pens around here and any info you would like to share might help me to get through the month long wait. :)

Hello:

I always carry with six ink pens. Five changed every two weeks, only Romillo is always in my pocket since I got it two years ago, without missing a day. Congratulations on your choice

The interior cleaning is very easy with a syringe with water. To maintain Romillo ebonite would ask how. Aside from the wonderful finish will surprise its great capacity of ink.

thank you everyone for the responses. I am pretty excited about this pen. I really enjoy ohashido and hakase pens but the one thing i yearn for with these pens is a larger nib and non cc filler.. I think this pen nails what I've been looking for on the head. Anyone have experience with Romillo's #9 nibs? I'm curious as to what people think of them

I am waiting for an EO with a #9 Stub, and a Sil with a # 7OB.

I can tell you that I´ve tried several Romillos , including #9´s and they are fantastic nibs !

Fantastic! There doesn't seem to be a lot out there about these pens, but what there is, is overwhelmingly positive.

The design of the website is incredibly stylish, and I am sure that sets a positive precedent for their pens.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

• 5 weeks later...

I received my Romillo a few days ago and I can say without a doubt that if I had to sell all my pens but one, and I could never buy another pen, I would keep this romillo. For me this is the "one pen". It is literally everything I want in a pen. I will be reviewing her when I get a some time but I will post a few pictures in the meantime. This is the only pen I have ever purchased where I think the price is too low for what you are getting. Here are some pretty poor pictures. Sorry. Hopefully you get the idea

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/Sblakers/imagejpg2_zpseefd3a60.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/Sblakers/imagejpg2_zps6fabca8a.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/Sblakers/imagejpg3_zps30f477ab.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/Sblakers/imagejpg4_zpscc4fca7d.jpg

Edited by Sblakers

I received my Romillo a few days ago and I can say without a doubt that if I had to sell all my pens but one, and I could never buy another pen, I would keep this romillo. For me this is the "one pen". It is literally everything I want in a pen........

Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a very long time.

There is a certain something to the Romillo that no other pen has.

Holding it in your hand you realize that it is something extraordinary.

Wow this is a beautiful pen! Congratulations! I'm extremely tempted by your photos...

Some questions for you: Do you need to put silicon grease on the threads? Is the nib and feed made in-house? And what nib did you get? Would love to see some photos of this pen with other well-known pens like the MB 149 or Pelikan M800 if you have them, thanks!

Edited by shuuemura

Hi Shuuemura,

I am not 100% sure silicon grease is necessary, there was some on the threads when i removed the section, however, there are 2 rubber o rings seated inside the threads which I suspect should do the job just fine. The pen is a designed eyedropper, not a converted converter. The system works quite well. I have excellent flow and no leakage when i turn the pen nib down. The nibs are made in house an they are magnificent. The nib is also hand engraved. i will take some pics next to my other pens so you can get an idea of the size. Another neat thing, the feed is huge and ebonite.

Here are those pictures.

Pens, from left to right

To note: the section of the romillo is incredibly comfortable. The combination of huge nib to thinner--than say 139 section-- makes it a very comfortable pen to use. The balance is very nice as well.

Romillo Eo#9, montblanc 139, visconti hs bronze. Last picture I added hakase

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/Sblakers/imagejpg1_zps35b62634.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/Sblakers/imagejpg2_zps156f635f.jpg

Edited by Sblakers

Beautiful collection and pictures! Now I'm extremely tempted haha...

Edit: I just realised that each pen in your last picture is made of a different material! How awesome is that?!

Edited by shuuemura

Oh wow.. thats too funny, I didn't even notice that. Ebonite, celluloid, wood, lava..

Thank you for the kind words. My collection isn't very big, i only have 6 other pens in my collection, I've narrowed it down to pens I love. Sorry for the poor picture quality, I am using my iPad mini =(

Here's a family photo if anyone is interested. The last pen on the right came from my late fathers estate-- it's a roller ball or ball point( I don't know about non fountain pens -- lol). The pen with writing on it was a wedding gift from my wife.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/Sblakers/imagejpg1_zpsb68ce6b9.jpg

Picture of nibs

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/Sblakers/imagejpg1_zpsabe7cb0c.jpg

Edited by Sblakers