#1 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:18

Hey there. Well, just ordered a black and blue eo #9. This purchase stretched my pen funds further than I wanted for the year. Was hoping some people who own Romillo's might chime in, giving me some encouragement. Anyone try the #9 nibs? And if so what do you think. How are you guys likeing your Romillo's? Not a lot of info on these pens around here and any info you would like to share might help me to get through the month long wait. :)

#2 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:02

I have an Essential Writer with a K nib that is an absolute wonder to write with. You'll be more than pleased with your Romillo. It's worth every cent - which is alot more than can be said about certain up-there-in-price pens. Every aspect is beautifully crafted. Post some pictures when you receive it.

#3 Postscript

Postscript

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:23

No experience for me but these pens have been on my radar for some time.  I look forward to hearing about your experience (and that of others) in the event that one day I pull the trigger on one.  Thanks, and congratulations--Post Script

#4 Namo

Namo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,943 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:33

I don't have one, but this is certainly a pen I've been dreaming for a while. Congratulations!!!

amonjak.com

cropped-amonjak-partie-4-de-4_page_4-modifiee1.jpg  

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

#5 MontyMiguelAngel

MontyMiguelAngel

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 13:05

Hey there. Well, just ordered a black and blue eo #9. This purchase stretched my pen funds further than I wanted for the year. Was hoping some people who own Romillo's might chime in, giving me some encouragement. Anyone try the #9 nibs? And if so what do you think. How are you guys likeing your Romillo's? Not a lot of info on these pens around here and any info you would like to share might help me to get through the month long wait. :)

Hello:

I always carry with six ink pens. Five changed every two weeks, only Romillo is always in my pocket since I got it two years ago, without missing a day. Congratulations on your choice

#6 MontyMiguelAngel

MontyMiguelAngel

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 15:24

The interior cleaning is very easy with a syringe with water. To maintain Romillo ebonite would ask how. Aside from the wonderful finish will surprise its great capacity of ink.

#7 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 16:23

thank you everyone for the responses. I am pretty excited about this pen. I really enjoy ohashido and hakase pens but the one thing i yearn for with these pens is a larger nib and non cc filler.. I think this pen nails what I've been looking for on the head.  Anyone have experience with Romillo's #9 nibs? I'm curious as to what people think of them

#8 Wahl

Wahl

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,988 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 17:49

I am waiting for an EO with a #9 Stub, and a Sil with a # 7OB.

I can tell you that I´ve tried several Romillos , including #9´s and they are fantastic nibs !

#9 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 19:14

WOW, congrats! We want to see pictures.

#10 da vinci

da vinci

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,432 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 22:07

Fantastic! There doesn't seem to be a lot out there about these pens, but what there is, is overwhelmingly positive.

The design of the website is incredibly stylish, and I am sure that sets a positive precedent for their pens.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

#11 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:34

I received my Romillo a few days ago and I can say without a doubt that if I had to sell all my pens but one, and I could never buy another pen, I would keep this romillo. For me this is the "one pen". It is literally everything I want in a pen. I will be reviewing her when I get a some time but I will post a few pictures in the meantime. This is the only pen I have ever purchased where I think the price is too low for what you are getting. Here are some pretty poor pictures. Sorry. Hopefully you get the idea

imagejpg2_zpseefd3a60.jpg
imagejpg2_zps6fabca8a.jpg
imagejpg3_zps30f477ab.jpg
imagejpg4_zpscc4fca7d.jpg

Edited by Sblakers, 02 April 2014 - 02:41.

#12 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:19

I received my Romillo a few days ago and I can say without a doubt that if I had to sell all my pens but one, and I could never buy another pen, I would keep this romillo. For me this is the "one pen". It is literally everything I want in a pen........

Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a very long time.

There is a certain something to the Romillo that no other pen has.

Holding it in your hand you realize that it is something extraordinary.

#13 shuuemura

shuuemura

Japanese Pen Lover.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:25

Wow this is a beautiful pen! Congratulations! I'm extremely tempted by your photos...

Some questions for you: Do you need to put silicon grease on the threads? Is the nib and feed made in-house? And what nib did you get? Would love to see some photos of this pen with other well-known pens like the MB 149 or Pelikan M800 if you have them, thanks!

Edited by shuuemura, 02 April 2014 - 12:07.

#14 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2014 - 13:11

Hi Shuuemura,

I am not 100% sure silicon grease is necessary, there was some on the threads when i removed the section, however, there are 2 rubber o rings seated inside the threads which I suspect should do the job just fine. The pen is a designed eyedropper, not a converted converter. The system works quite well. I have excellent flow and no leakage when i turn the pen nib down. The nibs are made in house an they are magnificent. The nib is also hand engraved.  i will take some pics next to my other pens so you can get an idea of the size. Another neat thing, the feed is huge and ebonite.

#15 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2014 - 13:24

Here are those pictures.
Pens, from left to right
To note: the section of the romillo is incredibly comfortable. The combination of huge nib to thinner--than say 139 section-- makes it a very comfortable pen to use. The balance is very nice as well.
Romillo Eo#9, montblanc 139, visconti hs bronze. Last picture I added hakase
imagejpg1_zps35b62634.jpg
imagejpg2_zps156f635f.jpg

Edited by Sblakers, 02 April 2014 - 13:28.

#16 shuuemura

shuuemura

Japanese Pen Lover.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 13:45

Beautiful collection and pictures! Now I'm extremely tempted haha...

Edit: I just realised that each pen in your last picture is made of a different material! How awesome is that?!

Edited by shuuemura, 02 April 2014 - 13:48.

#17 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2014 - 13:57

Oh wow.. thats too funny, I didn't even notice that. Ebonite, celluloid, wood, lava..  
Thank you for the kind words. My collection isn't very big, i only have 6 other pens in my collection, I've narrowed it down to pens I love.   Sorry for the poor picture quality, I am using my iPad mini =( 

Here's a family photo if anyone is interested. The last pen on the right came from my late fathers estate-- it's a roller ball or ball point( I don't know about non fountain pens -- lol). The pen with writing on it was a wedding gift from my wife.

imagejpg1_zpsb68ce6b9.jpg

Picture of nibs
imagejpg1_zpsabe7cb0c.jpg

Edited by Sblakers, 02 April 2014 - 14:12.

#18 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 14:23

Very nice collection Sblakers.

#19 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold