#1 Hobbitgate

Hobbitgate

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 19:57

This is only my second post so I apologize if this isn't the correct area to ask this question. Being a relatively new fountain pen user I bought a Lamy 27 and Lamy 99. One of them works very well the other leaks a bit of ink. I was going to send it away for repair but I realized the pen I really wanted was a Lamy 2000. I'm a letter writer and just want a great pen to write with, not to become a collector. I'd like to sell these at whatever reasonable offer and use the money toward the LAMY 2000.

Is there an area I should be posting these. I'm very open to any reasonable price

Thanks for your help.

#2 Tadeusz

Tadeusz

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 21:17

I think the classifieds area is a good place to post it. You can find it as a tab right under the "The Fountain Pen Network" logo and script at the top of the page. 

#3 Inkling13

Inkling13

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 21:36

I'd also mention you need to be here a bit longer with more posts to make an ad in classifieds. 

#4 Hobbitgate

Hobbitgate

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 21:55

Thank you. I've been doing a lot of reading all the posts and have enjoyed the Fountain Pen Network a immensely! I've been a bit quiet because I didn't want to ask some stupid questions but I think I've got my courage now to jump in. :)

Thanks again for getting back to me on this

#5 Namo

Namo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 23:06

The 27 an 99 share the same nib with the 2000 - I think at least one of them has a steel nib, which is a wonderful nib (I have one fitted on my 2000 steel). The 2000 will not be a radically betteren than, say, your 27. Maybe you should write with it a bit and see how you like it.

Welcome on FPN and congrats on your pens!

PS : have a look there:
http://ladydandelion...f-a-little-gem/

amonjak.com

cropped-amonjak-partie-4-de-4_page_4-modifiee1.jpg  

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

#6 Hobbitgate

Hobbitgate

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2014 - 16:17

Thanks...I'll try it out again tonight and see how it write

#7 KarlBarndt

KarlBarndt

PointyThings

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 21:24

The 27 an 99 share the same nib with the 2000 - I think at least one of them has a steel nib, which is a wonderful nib (I have one fitted on my 2000 steel). The 2000 will not be a radically betteren than, say, your 27. Maybe you should write with it a bit and see how you like it.

Jumping in late to clarify on the nib material. The 27 and 99 had 14K or 18K yellow gold nibs in all incarnations that I'm aware of. But I have found one exception in a Lamy 99Ce. This is the model with the slip on polished chrome-plated cap, made from the late 1950s to no later than 1962. This has the older style nib that is not compatible with the Lamy 2000. What made this pen strange was the nib being made from stainless steel. Until I got my hands on this pen I had never seen nor heard of a stainless steel hooded nib on a pre-1962 Lamy.

Visit my new writing instrument buy/sell/trade community: Fountain Pen Classifieds

100% dedicated to making deals better for everyone! And it's FREE!

#8 Namo

Namo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:59

Thanks, Karl, this is a welcome clarification! - where do the L2K compatible steel nibs come from?

Just remembered MYU701 article about the 27. Different nibs (all gold), not always L2L compatible...

https://sites.google...e/myu701/lamy27

Edited by Namo, 21 June 2014 - 07:07.

amonjak.com

cropped-amonjak-partie-4-de-4_page_4-modifiee1.jpg  

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

#9 KarlBarndt

KarlBarndt

PointyThings

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:07

The stainless nibs that fit the Lamy 2K initially came from the Ratio line and were also used in these later models: 25P, 26P, 66P, 67P, 68, 69 and the Artus pens.

Visit my new writing instrument buy/sell/trade community: Fountain Pen Classifieds

100% dedicated to making deals better for everyone! And it's FREE!

#10 lawrenceg

lawrenceg

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 16:45

I have the lamy 2000, 27 and 99. I do like my lamys, i rally like the way you can take them apart and put them back together.

Why not keep the lamy 27 or 99 if you like them. They are all good pens, and i really love my lamy 27. I do like the lamy 27 in a colour other than black.

What did you do, did you sell the lamy 27 and 99?