Sailor Nagahara Retirement Commemoration Pen

troglokev

Absolutely exquisite, and befitting the great man's achievements! I didn't know it's actually urushi made to look like bamboo and not real bamboo.

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• troglokev

• rokurinpapa

• RMN

• daoud62

Thanks for shring. I appreciate your huge efforts to introduce the details of this beauty.
I also love NMF nib attached to my "Gendai no Meiko"(Modern Master) reception commemoration pen.

rokurinpapa

Edited by rokurinpapa

Thanks for shring. I appreciate your huge efforts to introduce the details of this beauty.

I also love NMF nib attached to my "Gendai no Meiko"(Modern Master) reception commemoration pen.

rokurinpapa

This one? link

Were you lucky enough to attend the reception?

Dammageable he retired but i think he is quite old so it's normal. Great pen they've made for him...

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Translation of the Naginata togi's description:

長刀研ぎ万年筆

Naginata togi fountain pen

文字に宿る生命。

Life dwelling in characters.

そして、一筋の描線に玄妙の味わい。

Also, the aesthetic sense of the drawn line.

時に毎心の筆運び、時に綴る熱き思いの才、全ては変幻自在の書き味にあり。

Sometimes for the spirit of using a brush, sometimes thinking of the passion of writing, always towards the varying elasticity of the writing feel.

長刀研ぎは永く幻のペン先とされた時を経て、伝統の技術を継承する名工により蘇った不朽の名作。

The naginata togi, through his long term dream for the nib, a revived masterpiece of the craftsman’s heritage of tradition and engineering.

姿形一見判然。

A certain new shape.

ペン先は筆記角度が広く、ペンポイントが長く大きく仕上げられています。

As the writing angle increases, the pen point becomes longer and wider.

これにより、書き味滑らかに、細くも太くも、書き癖の微妙な差異に対しても懐深く対応し、最も漢字に適したペン先の、日本人のための精微な筆記道具です。

Because of this, the smooth writing feel, whether thin or thick, even dealing with the deeply expressive and subtle differences of writing style, the most suitable nib for kanji, it is a refined writing instrument for the Japanese.

連達の匠技なくしては研ぎ出し不可能な、究極の書き味を追求実現しました。

These can’t be polished without the craftsman’s skill, and are the ultimate realisation of the pursuit of writing feel.

書くことの悦び満喫の日々を...

For the complete enjoyment of writing every day…

どうぞ、末永くご愛用くださいませ。

Please treasure it forever.

What a beauty! It's a piece of art. So glad you'd got hold of it! Congratulations! I would also like to have a pen with a Naginata togi nib, good for writing Japanese or Chinese horizontally.

This one? link

Were you lucky enough to attend the reception?

Exactly this one! You must be an expert to search for rather rare pens that are not famous especially outside Japan. I have met Mr.Nagahara several times, in pen clinics or lecture meeting, but I was not enough lucky to attend the reception.

rokurinpapa

Exactly this one! You must be an expert to search for rather rare pens that are not famous especially outside Japan. I have met Mr.Nagahara several times, in pen clinics or lecture meeting, but I was not enough lucky to attend the reception.

rokurinpapa

I haven't been able to find a web page with a good picture of the nib, though. Does it have Nagahara san's signature, or the usual Sailor anchor logo?

I'd be very interested in a review of your pen, if you were to write one.

Gorgeous pen. I wish they had one more left in Maruzen because I will be there next week!! Use it in good health.

May I be indiscreet and ask what the price of such a masterpiece is?

May I be indiscreet and ask what the price of such a masterpiece is?

You may: it was 63,000円, which was a bargain in my view.

If you have time to hunt for it, you may still be able to track one down. I only tried Itoya and Maruzen.

Enjoy your time in Japan!

Edited by troglokev

You may: it was 63,000円, which was a bargain in my view.

If you have time to hunt for it, you may still be able to track one down. I only tried Itoya and Maruzen.

Enjoy your time in Japan!

I agree with you that it is a bargain! A piece of FP history.

I will go and look for it in several other stores in Tokyo.

Thanks for your kind wishes!

David

very nice indeed :thumbup: . i have a sailor pen with Naginata Togi nib. it takes time to getting used to writing with it, but with the right ink, it flows nicely. thanks for sharing.

-rudy-

• 3 weeks later...

I was sorely tempted by the one they had in Itoya when I was last in Tokyo. Ive been somewhat regretting it ever since though wondering what the pen would feel like in hand. Unfortunately they seem to be considerably more expensive outside of Japan than within.

I haven't been able to find a web page with a good picture of the nib, though. Does it have Nagahara san's signature, or the usual Sailor anchor logo?

I'd be very interested in a review of your pen, if you were to write one.

It has Nagahara's signature. Please do not expect too much for my review.

rokurinpapa

It has Nagahara's signature. Please do not expect too much for my review.

rokurinpapa

It looks interesting (photos). Is there an English version?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

It looks interesting (photos). Is there an English version?

D.ick

No, there is not. Japanese version only.

• 4 months later...

This nib is absolutely gorgeous.

Enjoy your pen. It seems to be a piece of FP history, a very rare collectible!

"La libre communication des pensées et des opinions est un des droits les plus précieux de l’Homme : tout Citoyen peut donc parler, écrire, imprimer librement, sauf à répondre de l’abus de cette liberté, dans les cas déterminés par la Loi."

https://www.instagram.com/penultimatepost