Pens and Calculators

alfredop

I'm really liking this Section of the forum, some photos are very beautyful. Here there are some shots taken by me putting together some calculators and some pens. Unfortunately the quality is not very high.

From the 70': (Parker 75 + HP-41C)

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/gennyesposito/IMGP1030.jpg

From the 90': (Rotring 600 + HP48GX)

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/gennyesposito/IMGP1034.jpg

Today: (Palm Treo 680 + Rotring Esprint BP with a stylus)

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/gennyesposito/IMGP1041.jpg

Ciao

Genny

Edited by genny

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bernardo

• vacuumkid3

• alfredop

• onepuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good idea! Here are mine. Natural Light.

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/7572/frontierft5.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8286/51yn3.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/1991/sonnet1aw1.jpg

I use a HP 49g+ and a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, I believe. My "school" pens (not actually like a cheapie Sheaffer's) are a Sheaffer's Skripsert with red Skrip ink, a Sheaffer's Tucky Vac-Fil Crest Deluxe, and its matching pencil. I may take a picture later! After all, I do love photography! (and fountain pens!!) ((and calculators!!)) (((And ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING!!)))

~~K~~

P.S. I want to be an E.E. when I grow up. My dad was one; now he's an OBGYN!!

Don't cry over spilled milk...cry over spilled ink!

~~K~~=Kyle

Oh, yeah! genny, I see as though you like RPN as well as Electrical Engineering! That is really cool! I am just so used to algebraic that I can't stand for RPN. Although, I guess that it will have its uses for me someday!

~~K~~

~~K~~=Kyle

Oh!! Me likey much!! I love the TI-89 Titanium! And that Omas is a beauty!

This picture is from the 50s-60s! These are my school pens with my slide rule tongue.gif !

post-8-1172334279_thumb.jpg

~~K~~=Kyle

These are from the 70s and 80s, I suppose. Does anyone know which MB I have? I can't tell...

post-8-1172334420_thumb.jpg

~~K~~=Kyle

My MB has the slightly hooded nib. It is a cartridge/converter fill pen. It has a small ink-vue with a pop-on cap. It is all gold and black, essentially. It writes well with a fine to medium nib.

This next picture is a little better for showing the MB.

post-8-1172334612_thumb.jpg

~~K~~=Kyle

And my last one is the new stuff. I love my TI and HP, along with my ever-so-smooth Lamy Safari! Blue ink...cartridge.

post-8-1172334785_thumb.jpg

~~K~~=Kyle

QUOTE (vacuumkid3 @ Feb 24 2007, 02:58 PM)
Oh, yeah! genny, I see as though you like RPN as well as Electrical Engineering! That is really cool! I am just so used to algebraic that I can't stand for RPN. Although, I guess that it will have its uses for me someday!

~~K~~

If you try RPN you will not come back to algebraic. Your HP-49G allow you to use RPL which is a slighty modified version of the old RPN allowing general object (not only numbers) to be put in stack.

Good luck for your Electrical Engineering career.

Genny

QUOTE (vacuumkid3 @ Feb 24 2007, 04:24 PM)
Oh!! Me likey much!! I love the TI-89 Titanium! And that Omas is a beauty!

This picture is from the 50s-60s! These are my school pens with my slide rule tongue.gif !

Ahahaha

So you want to be an EE when you grow-up? I thought you was serious roflmho.gif

QUOTE (born t @ Feb 24 2007, 04:05 PM)
Let me play!

The OMAS is beautyful, I have to begin to save and take one. Of course I never will write a mathematical expressions in red biggrin.gif

Edited by genny

Well, I really do want to be an E.E.! I just think it is easier for typing really really big equations and numbers for using algebraic. But I like a lot of old stuff, which is why I have a slide rule. I also have an Additator, a calculator that adds and subtracts! It's really neat, too. They actually used to put it on the back of some slide rules, so that way you could to everything!

~~K~~

~~K~~=Kyle

HPs all the way! They can do so much more than a TI, I think, but are not as user-friendly in my opinion. At least they come with a good user's guide biggrin.gif ! I like the 49g+ a lot. I got that one for Christmas. I just can't wait to get off to college (Georgia Tech, maybe MIT) and use it, but that will be maybe 4 or 5 years away...Pretty soon, though!

~~K~~

~~K~~=Kyle

Since it seems that you like HP calculators, I'm posting another couple of photos.

First photo is a cheap OMAS DS pen (strange, but there existed cheap omas) with a HP-19BII

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/gennyesposito/IMGP1046.jpg

Second photo is a Zenith 15 (??), I bought in Warsav when I was student (just before the collapse of comunist government there), with a HP-28C

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/gennyesposito/IMGP1048.jpg

Genny

Edited by genny

I'm probably dating myself here, but my Hewlett Packard 48G was the best purchase I ever made during my undergraduate career. It was worth its weight in gold, probably more. happycloud9.gif happycloud9.gif happycloud9.gif

QUOTE (helius @ Feb 27 2007, 12:29 PM)
I'm probably dating myself here, but my Hewlett Packard 48G was the best purchase I ever made during my undergraduate career. It was worth its weight in gold, probably more. happycloud9.gif happycloud9.gif happycloud9.gif

I was luck enough to be given a 48GX recently. After having owned and used a 48gII, I know why old school HPs are better.

I have the mother of all TI calculators... the Voyage 200. biggrin.gif I'll get pics when my digital camera decides to cooperate

http://www.ryan-white.net/FPNSIG.jpg