The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pen-Dora's Bag- Ricoh Fountain Pens

ricoh ricoh-fountain-pen indian-fountain-pen vintage takkar-pen mumbai

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:48

This is in continuation to my efforts to show some vintage Indian unseen/unknown/forgotten brands.

I have already listed the first few pens a few days back here

Today I have selected a Cartridge Pen, called Ricoh Catrofill. I do not know much about this brand too.

Its evident that this pen was available in mid 90's and there is no much record of this brand. The Ricoh pens seems to be marketed by Thakkar Pen Mart of Mumbai...since the box says Bombay, I feel this box could be of 1995 or prior.

An old Ricoh box

Ricoh-Old.JPG

The 1995 box

Ricoh-01.JPG

The Label in the 1995 box...note the address Bomaby

Ricoh-03.JPG

The pen- catrofill- A cartridge Pen!

Ricoh-04.JPG

The Branding on cap

Ricoh-Stamping.JPG

The Nib branded Catrofill 

Ricoh-nib.JPG

The Pen dismantled- Note the space provision in section for holding the cartridge..

Ricoh-05.JPG

I hope you enjoyed the post as much as I liked the pen...Thanks for looking

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 13:11

Again, a nice find. Ricoh used to be available in Pune during the 80s and 90s. The pens that I remember, had the MB type nib(the nib shape found on MB Noblesse/Slimline, the Indian nib manufacturers call it just the "MB" nib) Their ED pens used to feature breather tubes on the feeders.

The pen you have documented looks to be inspired from by the Pelikan Pelikano current at that time. Model 5 here: link

Thanks for taking the effort to document these pens.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 14:36

Again, a nice find. Ricoh used to be available in Pune during the 80s and 90s. The pens that I remember, had the MB type nib(the nib shape found on MB Noblesse/Slimline, the Indian nib manufacturers call it just the "MB" nib) Their ED pens used to feature breather tubes on the feeders.

The pen you have documented looks to be inspired from by the Pelikan Pelikano current at that time. Model 5 here: link

Thanks for taking the effort to document these pens.

Best

Hari

Its a pleasure documenting these pens Hari... :)

#4 twieleba

twieleba

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:08

Did it take SI carts? Thats what it looks like but I can't tell for certain.

blah-cultural-Nicolas-Cage-nicolas-cage-

#5 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:42

Yes...it takes the standard international carts..
The big as well as small..both are fitting

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ricoh, ricoh-fountain-pen, indian-fountain-pen, vintage, takkar-pen, mumbai

Sponsored Content

|