Long Island Pen Show - March 15-16, 2014

Cyber6

I just booked my vacation and I am coming to the Long Island Pen Show - My first Pen Show ....YAY!!!!! :lol:

Is taking place the weekend after March Break (March 15-16)

www.lipenshow.com

From previous years, it seems like an awesome Pen Show that is getting better and better every year. :D

Who else is coming ?? :P

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• Wile E Coyote

• Terry Brack

• Earthdawn

I might try to get to the show this year. I was born and raised

on Long Island so it might be fun and time for a visit.

I will be there, its one of the east coast shows I try not to miss. Small show, but great people and I always come home with a few nice pens. Also the Hofstra student center has a terrific cafeteria when you get hungry (I find that pen shows are an appetite stimulus in more ways than one).

I will be there too. It's almost in my backyard.

An eye for insignificant details is a good sign you will do just fine in medical school...

As a sharp wit and powerful sarcasm is a sign that you already have.

Somebody

I will be there too. It's almost in my backyard.

OMG OMG OMG... Would you mind bringing your masterpiece (a.k.a Devils' Dictionary) ?? :wub:

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Sure. I would love to meet you.

An eye for insignificant details is a good sign you will do just fine in medical school...

As a sharp wit and powerful sarcasm is a sign that you already have.

Somebody

I will be there, its one of the east coast shows I try not to miss. Small show, but great people and I always come home with a few nice pens. Also the Hofstra student center has a terrific cafeteria when you get hungry (I find that pen shows are an appetite stimulus in more ways than one).

How about a NJPP meetup at the show? And/or one prior for strategic planning?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

How about a NJPP meetup at the show? And/or one prior for strategic planning?

Oh yes.. Yes... Yes!!! :bunny01: :bunny01:

I am definitely not local :P .... so I can only make it that weekend. What about Saturday night? .. or during the day? We can meet at the cafeteria.. :D

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Oh yes.. Yes... Yes!!! :bunny01: :bunny01:

I am definitely not local :P .... so I can only make it that weekend. What about Saturday night? .. or during the day? We can meet at the cafeteria.. :D

You don't have to be local you just have to be there. I can do either or both. I've never visited the cafeteria but from Shaporama's recommendation it sounds like it might be worth a stop.

P.S. All are welcome and encouraged to join. Will finalize a time and location closer to the event.

P.P.S. And that folks is how a pen posse is done. It will be a remote NJPP held in LINY.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

You don't have to be local you just have to be there.

I meant it as... I am coming from Canada and won't arrive to New York until Friday night and will leave on Sunday afternoon. So, technically .. Saturday is my best bet. ;)

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I hope to be there!

For some reason about four different things are trying to take place in my life that weekend, but I still think I will make it at some point!

T

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'll be visiting from Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

I'm in New York City, the week previous to the show and flying back home on Sunday, March 16th.

Saturday is my day out. Looking forward to the show.

Can someone tell me how big it is?
I'll be looking for Japanese Hand-made fountain pens. Does anyone know if they are there ?

Thanks

Abraham

Hi Guys,

I'll be visiting from Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

I'm in New York City, the week previous to the show and flying back home on Sunday, March 16th.

Saturday is my day out. Looking forward to the show.

Can someone tell me how big it is?

I'll be looking for Japanese Hand-made fountain pens. Does anyone know if they are there ?

Thanks

Abraham

It is small in size but has had a lot of pens in the past. I believe Richard Binder, Ron Zorn and Susan Wirth will be there as usual. I'm not sure anyone that makes hand made Japanese pens is scheduled to be there, but you'd be amazed at what you can find if you take your time and look.

Hopefully, there will be a get together in the cafeteria around lunch (noon±).

I grew up a 5 minute walk away from Hofstra. I'd love to go to a pen show, but it's just a bit too far.

You don't have to walk.

I will see you all there!

There will be an informal meeting of pen folk in the cafeteria at lunch (noonish).