The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sabena 75 - Another Vintage Indian Parker Knock-Off

sabena 75 parker-knockoff vintage indian aerometric-fill parker-45 beena

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:08

I recently came across a box of this very interesting pen. Its vintage and were produced about a decade back, Though not much is known about this brand, any views or information, please feel free to add.

I thought must share this with the forum and also record the existence...

The pen is a full metal pen, with a shiny chrome finish. The finish has withstood the age and is in mint condition. The Clip designed after the Parker 75 Clip, with a scew type crown & bottom button.

The pen is knock-off of Parker 75 from outside. Once you open the pen, it sports a nib section like the Parker 45. Probably the designer wanted best of 45 & 75!!

The pen is a aerometric fill, was working perfectly even after decade + years.

The pen had a Youth brand nib, which I changed to a gold plated wing-sung nib. Its writing excellent. So here are the pictures.

The pen

Sabena-01.JPG

The Section

Sabena-02.JPG

the Pen opened

Sabena-03.JPG

The Nib (Parker 45!!)Sabena-04.JPG

Please do share any other information of this brand or line up.

Thanks for looking.

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:16

I have no info on this pen, but it is a very nice find, intact with stickers and all, well done!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2014 - 14:12

Thank you Hari!

#4 shrujaya

shrujaya

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:23

Subbu...that pen is a good find...as you said, nice blend of 45 an 75...ek sau bees or what? what else did you find in the PENdora's box? keep posting such finds...there is a need to record old Indian pen brands and models that we come across here are there...

Keep up the good job...

Shrujaya

Writing and posting about fountain pens exclusively on www.jaisiri.blogspot.in ... recent posts on Hema Pens (Hyderabad), Haul at Majestic (Bangalore), and Asoka Pens (Tenali)...

#5 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:46

Thank you Jai...there is a lot of exciting pens in the Pen-Dora's box... will surely record them.. :-)

#6 Scribblesoften

Scribblesoften

Retrogrouch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 14:57

Thank you for posting these pens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sabena, 75, parker-knockoff, vintage, indian, aerometric-fill, parker-45, beena

Sponsored Content

|