If You Could Bring Discontinued Pen Back Into Production Which One And Why?

The Blue Knight

This is a very much hyperthetical question.

This would be on the basis the quality of the new pens would be equal to that of the old pen.

So what would your choice be and why?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• mirosc

• rockydoggy

• Pelikan Vera

Parker Vacumatic, hands down! It makes every modern design today look like it was drawn up by someone in their sleep. Well, not actually, but it really is far more beautiful than most other pens.

A close second would be the Wahl-Eversharp Doric. Very elegant model, what with its dodecagonal body. And it appeals to my gadget-loving nature; an adjustable nib, an ink cut-off tab, and a handy clear section for checking the ink level.

-Evan

Parker 51 aerometric, because it is a beautiful writer and is very durable. It is more durable generally than the Parker 51 vacumatic or the Parker Vacumatic.

Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial. Every bit as nice a writer as the Parker 51 aerometric, if not quite as durable: resac needed about every 30 years plus an o-ring replacement.

The above pens are better writers than most C/C pens.

Cross Solo: for the money this is an excellent C/C pen. Wonderful steel nibs.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Parker 75. A great writer and a plethora of finishes, many of them now rare. The old converters worked perfectly to supply the feed. Thank God for NOS.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Soennecken 111 in the largest size. the most amazing beautiful colours, the best piston filler of all time. Even Montblanc or Pelikan do not come close. Also beautifully semiflexible and responsive nibs.

Stylomine 303 - if only to have an accordion filler available again and these were as good quality as you could get. The 303 was a long lived series and came in some lovely finishes with styling to match the periods.

None, every time they bring one back it is a dissapointment.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

+1 on 51 Aeros. Sleek, functional and classy. The perfect writing experience.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

the quality of the new pens would be equal to that of the old pen.

If that's the condition then I wouldn't bring back any.

In the meantime there have been so many improvements that I expect a better quality than back in the old times (for example: no shrinking materials, no petrifying sacs, feeds/collectors capable of better ink flow,...)

There are a few pens I would like to see back, but only with improvements.

Otherwise I stick to the originals.

Greetings,

Michael

Dupont Fidelio

Levenger Facets (oxblood finish)

Cross Century (first generation)

Pilot M90 or Parker Falcon 50 or at least Hero 850

a pump filler (yes, I have seen the Menlo and I really like some of the finishes, but the pen body itself... meh..)

the more I think the longer the list.

edited to correct that weird filler name :P

Edited by inotrym

Parker 25 and Parkwr 45. Both very reliable pens, excellent writers, stand up to school and don't look out of place in the workplace either.

I would have to go with the Waterman 52. The design of this pen might be a little out of date, but I find vintage Waterman nibs to be some of the finest ever produced.

Montblanc L139.

It is a largish pen ( great for my largish hands), great ink capacity, brass piston filler and fantastic flexible nib, which seems to be something that is missing from modern pens of the last 20 years.

The Pilot MYU without another thought.

Not the M90? I thought that the retntion clips were revised. Either way. I'd love to see more of them.