Saturday, May 17

Sunday, June 22

Saturday, July 19

Sunday, August 17

Saturday, September 20

Sunday, October 19

Saturday, November 15

Sunday, December 21

Contact me if you'd like to add an extra meeting date for whatever reason (eg. you're from another country but will be traveling to Toronto at a set time) and I might be able to organize a secondary meet that month.

Locations will be at CAMH, 250 College Street, room 801 at 11:15 AM, unless otherwise noted in the monthly meet up section. SO PLEASE DO keep your eyes peeled on that section of the board a week before the meet each month. I'm still looking for a better venue that won't charge us money, as I don't want to get into trouble at work! Until then, please don't mention the meet up to anyone in the building. Just walk in, take the elevator to the 8th floor, turn left, and the meeting room is right there.

FORMAT

Not many people liked how we did it last year, so this year, let's change it up. The meet won't have themes, and we're going to go back to a free-for-all. However, at the first meet I ask that people come with a list of things they would like to learn more about, and a list of things they feel qualified to lecture about. Then I'm going to look into finding some guest speakers from both inside our Toronto group and outside it to come in on some of our meet dates to give us a lecture. They cam come earlier, or speak later, or I can book separate meets for just those lectures.

Anyway, this is what we're trying out for now. Let me know what you guys think, and I'll see you soon for the first meet.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bluejay

• Mags

• Cyber6

• raging.dragon

Thanks saskia_madding,

I want to learn about how to resack pens how to fix different filling mechanisms. Learning to take care of one's own pens would help greatly. I know youtube has a lot of information but talking about tools and neat tricks that are done off camera would be much appreciated.

I won't be able to make it to the first meet as I'll be going to a friend's wedding.

Edited by raging.dragon

I won't be able to make it to the first meet as I'll be going to a friend's wedding.

That's ok... you can bring your friend too... ;)

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thanks for organizing the schedule of meetings and keeping us all together monthly.

I would love a class on nib smoothing or a practical demonstration of how to take the edge off a nib before I literally sand my nibs that trouble me in to nails.

Other than that I just enjoy being able to chat about new pens people have purchased and to try them out if they are inked.

Cheers,

Mags

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Other than that I just enjoy being able to chat about new pens people have purchased and to try them out if they are inked.

[Mags]... and trade my awesome wet broads and double broads to Cyber6.. she is such a nice gal [/Mags]

:lticaptd:

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I don't think Mags had any double broads. He has one broad maybe two. He does have a nice oblique :P

Are we talking about pens? :huh:

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Guys, I don't know if anyone knows but we may not be able to use the CAMH for saturday meets from MARCH onwards. We should be able to use it for our Sunday meets. I'd appreciate it if everyone can bring a list of places where to meet this weekend. If you can't make it can you please PM me with some options for me to explore.

I'm currently looking at York University to have a spot that is big enough to hold our meets. On saturdays I can show anyone where to park for free and it is easy access to Gobus/ttc/zumzum/viva/yrt

Before you suggest something please keep in mind of the following

1. we don't want to pay for anything

2. we want excellent lighting with low UV

3. no leaking roofs and flat tables

4. easy access to subway and transportation

5. we want waiters to pay perfect attention and yet doesn't expect big tips :)

I'm thinking maybe a coffee shop or a class room that we can take care of ourselves? Let me know if I missed anything that you guys may need from our meets. I'm thinking a cafeteria is probably the best bet. Like a downtown food court.

Hey everyone!

Sadly I won't be able to attend any meet ups in the next few months at least. My job has me working weekends now. Simone let me know when the paper is in please and I'll take a personal day to pick it up and say hello of course.

As for locations, I like the idea of a cafe or resto. When I was in Manila the FPN-P people used cafés and restaurants exclusively and it was nice to get a bite to eat. They various venues knew us and put out lots of water for flushing and dipping.

I'll watch this space and come out if you guys do another impromptu mid week coffee / wonderpens run.

Take care!

-Gerald

Drats... I've been sick for the past two days.. and unless I feel much .. MUCH better, I won't make it tomorrow. :bawl:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Cyber6 feel better and hope you are able to be there today. I know you keep the energy high and keep it fun. As for my double broads I have broads but as Jay points out not many double broads. Here I am talking nibs. I am tempted to joke a wee bit but will refrain. ✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️ Ultimately, I have just one special broad! ✒️

Jay I would suggest somewhere with a restaurant. The parking is not wonderful down by Laywines for those of us commuting the furthest but if we do brunch in the area we can always visit Peter's fine establishment for supplies. I prefer it if the meetings were down in that area so the Reference Library would also be a good place that had some spaces and we could help Philip monthly with any pen Scriptus planning at the same time.

SMK I am up to try WonderPens if parking is Dodge Ram friendly in the area...the darn Truck is 6'3" so that keeps me out of most underground and Green P lots in Toronto. I have never been to this little boutique and would try of course to be at a few meetings.

As for Gerald hope to see you soon. You have some stories I want to hear from your recent work in the Phillipines as well as seeing those new pens.

Today is looking like I will not be out for the meeting as the call of the Toronto boat show has gripped my wife and I am off to see all which I can't afford if I keep buying my pens. I may soon need a floating pen or PPFD (personal pen floatation device ).

Raging Dragon have a good time with your friend at the wedding.

Cyber6 yes you are nice. Don't ever change that.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

This was a great pen rally song. <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/65986367" width="500" height="281" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>