Pen Boutique Problem.

Sblakers

I am very agitated with pen boutique and their customer service. Two times in a row I have ordered items which were out of stock (on the site it said they were in stock) and at no time was I sent an email telling me my order would not send because they didn't have the items. I waited a week before calling on both cases and the customer service I received was lacking at best. Both times the employee( a different one each time) acted very nonchalant and very unapologetic about a mistake their company made. To me this is unacceptable customer service and I will no longer buy from them. Don't sell me something and then say it won't be in stock for almost a month and then act

Like it was no big deal that no one had the decency to tell me my items wouldn't be arriving any time soon.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• de_pen_dent

• mr2txaggie

• KlytusLord

• sd10521

I've dealt with Pen Boutique's customer service twice and both times were pleasant. First time I had ordered a few M200 nib units and was in a bit of a rush to get them so after I didn't get the shipping notice in a few days I contacted to ask them about it. At first I was told the nibs would be backordered a few more days and after asking to see if I could change to different tip sizes, to compromise I think they ended up pulling some nibs off some of their M200s first so I could get my order on time without waiting for more stock to come in. The second time was a follow up on a backordered Montblanc ink where I got a call on my phone (I had asked about that order with the nibs as well because I had put in one order during their pre Thanksgiving sale and then another order a week later for their Black Friday sale). Both times I was in contact with Trista and she was very nice to deal with.

I do have to note that it doesn't seem like they have a system in place to notify customers when something is backordered and when it'll actually get shipped. On the other hand it wasn't a huge deal for me to inquire with the store. I do have to mention that I had gone through their customer service ticket system though and didn't actually call the store. Since I assume the number is going to their physical store, it might be more of a (bleep) shoot on who you're going to get when they pick up the phone versus someone there who's actually trained in customer service.

Message me about nib work in NYC

Instagram | YouTube

Might this be more helpful if you took this to the proprietor? I have been to a few penshops, and some workers care, and some don't give a **** about what you think or want. It's seems that there is an inconsistency with who's shift it is at the shop, and it might be the cause of why we are getting two different stories... A B+M store is nice to have to see and hold pens, better to be able to support them, but either they are still nicer to have than an internet shop by any means. There is something about holding the pen you are going to buy and to be able to see everything that an internet shop wont be able fulfill.

I've dealt with them a few times in the past couple of months and have not had any issues with them. They've had everything in stock and they ship within a few days. That being said I do find them a bit quiet (or completely silent) email wise concerning the shipping of orders.

This same problem seems to be happening to one of my orders right now. Ordered on the 1st and no shippment and no email.

Ooops! Guess I spoke too soon. My order shipped yesterday. Guess they just got behind with the holidays. My email inquire was promptly answered. All is well.

Edited by PenTieRun

I ordered a couple of items from them. There was also a mistake on my order, one that I made. I had filled out the order blank requesting initials on a case that I wanted. I got a

call asking to speak to me, not identifying themselves, their name did show on caller ID. I was, very politely, told that the case didn't come imprinted. They went over the order with me explaining the situation. I had misread the order blank. Initials weren't offered on my item. I had answered the phone & later in the conversion inquired why they asked for me by name and didn't identify themselves. The answer was good for me, " Just in the event it was a Christmas present.". I'd say my dealings were quite nicely handled.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

• 8 months later...

Identical problem this month with order. Out of stock and never notified me. My card was charged. When I called today, their response was to try and sell me a different pen altogether. When I asked why they had charged my card two weeks ago their reply was "you order is considered open." This was for the Montblanc Honore de Balzac, so it is not an insignificant amount of money they charged my card for.

Communication is key. A simple message notifying me the item was out of stock would have been enough.

I have ordered from them twice. The first time was stellar, I had it in three days.

The second time was the last time. They were out of stock on one item and tried to sell me another item, I declined and said just credit me and ship it please. A week later I called again and another item was out of stock and they had no idea when it would be in. Both items were listed as in stock on their website.

When the order finally arrived one item was wrong and the ink cartridges that were sold on the same pages as the pen itself would not fit.

I guess Goulet Pens need to send them a thank you note for pushing a customer their way.

I've bought some ink from them, there was a verification issue and Trista was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

I've bought some ink from them, there was a verification issue and Trista was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Same experience here. I ordered 4 inks. Two ended up being out of stock. Trista emailed with an apology and various solutions. I substituted 2 inks from the same manufacturers as the out of stock ones, and received the order and a $2 discount within a week. Not the best arrangement, but decent customer service.