Good To Be Here, Nice To Be Here! Hello Fpn!

YoungPenmanship

Hello there, FPN!

Well this is quite a site and I figured why not I make an account since I'm always knee-deep in writing.

To introduce myself, my name is Ian and I recently got bitten by the Pen Bug about 1 month ago and already have gotten myself quite a collection of pens.

Being a sophomore in university, writing with fountain pens has given me two reasons to enjoy the essense of writing with a nib rather than a ballpoint: the multiple choices of ink and the unique character that evolves around the sight of a fountain pen.

I hope to enjoy being in the company of FPN and I'll be sure to keep the fountain pen fun going.

Nice to meet you guys/girls!

"The more one pleases everybody, the less one pleases profoundly" ~ Stendhal

Current Pens: Kaweco Sport, Pilot Custom Heritage 912 WA nib, Pilot Custom 74 M nib, Namiki Falcon Resin SF

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YoungPenmanship

• TMac

• Sherwood Forester

• notVirtuThe3rd

Howdy Ian. Greetings from out here on the west coast and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Greetings and Welcome aboard the FPN! Enjoy your stay here and write on!

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome !

Happy fountain penning. Sorry, no cure for the bite of the Pen Bug.....

Keep nibbing on.

thanks & best wishes, Captain Nib

...keep nibbing on...

Don't look down on someone, unless helping them up :D

Hi Ian and :W2FPN:

enjoy the forum

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Howdy Ian,

Welcome to the FPN. I got a NIBble from the Pen Bug, too, about 9 months ago. And, oh my goodness, I certainly hope that wonderful little "pest" doesn't try to fly away. As a matter of fact I truely attempt to stay in the line of fire. Enjoy your stay.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

:W2FPN:

Greetings from Robin Hood Country. It's good to have you on the team. You will certainly enjoy your time here amongst like-minded fools fanatics folks.

Your wallet may see it differently.

PS : We do not have the word sophomore over this side of the Big Pond. Is it the same as semaphore? Then you must be the flag-waver for your university. :P ;) :bunny01:

To err is human. To errrrrrrr is confusion.

fpn_1376577066__new_signature.jpg

:W2FPN:

Greetings from Robin Hood Country. It's good to have you on the team. You will certainly enjoy your time here amongst like-minded fools fanatics folks.

Your wallet may see it differently.

PS : We do not have the word sophomore over this side of the Big Pond. Is it the same as semaphore? Then you must be the flag-waver for your university. :P ;) :bunny01:

Thanks for allowing me to be part of this! And yes my wallet has been hurt recently! I've never heard the word semaphore, but I guess you can say I have pride for my university :D !

I'm actually a second year student here at university in NYC.

Current Pens: Kaweco Sport, Pilot Custom Heritage 912 WA nib, Pilot Custom 74 M nib, Namiki Falcon Resin SF

Welcome to FPN YoungPenmanship! Enjoy your countless hours you will most likely be sucked in to this site!

Welcome !

I, too, used a fountain pen through college. The smooth, easy flow of liquid ink allows a relaxed grip in writing.

It was much less fatiguing than the tight grip of a ballpoint pen. When my writing hand became "cramped", I would

pick and choose what to write into my notes, and what to omit. The longer one can take notes without fatigue, the

better quality of notes. It was an advantage.

Which fountain pen do you use in class ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Which fountain pen do you use in class ?

Well, the Spring semester here for me starts the 27th of this month, so this would be the first time I use a fountain pen for class. But I think I have the write tool; the Pilot Custom 74 lays down a line that's nice and thin but not too wet that I can use it on both cheap and high quality paper. That and it is glass smooth, which is perfect for those days professors cram so much information into one lecture.

Edited by YoungPenmanship

Welcome - you are local as far as I'm concerned :) I can certainly warn you that a case of the pen virus can be had twice. I had it really bad in college and for a few years after. Then I had 3 children, a 125 year old house that needed rebuilding and a full time job. It's only recently that I realized that the virus still lurked (it never completely went away - I always had a few fountain pens).

So be warned - it can last a long time LOL

Kathleen