Visconti Travelling Inkwell And Montblanc Irish Green Ink

RPB

My new arrival in the post today! I love this colour and its the first time I've used it. I can now confirm the Montblanc 149 does fit this inkwell and it fits properly too. Excellent!

fpn_1388841847__image.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RPB

• scrivelry

• YurijYuV

• Sham69

I think I am missing something here. Do you mean it is the right amount in the bottle to fill the inkwell, or that it works well in the inkwell?

T

Hi scrivelry, there was a lot of talk about the 149 not actually fitting inside the Visconti inkwell and so it would be no good. I am saying that the 149 does indeed fit inside the Visconti inkwell and fits properly so it seals against the inside rubber.

It works well in the Visconti inkwell because once you have inserted your pen, you then turn the whole lot upside down and work the piston on the pen to fill the pen up like you do anyway, gravity helps ensure the pen is filled with as much ink as it possible. For me, more than I seem to be able to get by filling the 149 from the normal ink bottle. I hope that is clearer?

Hi scrivelry, there was a lot of talk about the 149 not actually fitting inside the Visconti inkwell and so it would be no good. I am saying that the 149 does indeed fit inside the Visconti inkwell and fits properly so it seals against the inside rubber.

It works well in the Visconti inkwell because once you have inserted your pen, you then turn the whole lot upside down and work the piston on the pen to fill the pen up like you do anyway, gravity helps ensure the pen is filled with as much ink as it possible. For me, more than I seem to be able to get by filling the 149 from the normal ink bottle. I hope that is clearer?

Yes, much clearer, and something of a relief - I was wondering how ink could not fit in an inkwell, feeling I was missing something! If it's the pen then it makes sense and is of course very useful information for anyone with that pen.

Thank you for explaining!

T

i have the same V inkwell, its strange how it seems to squeeze so much extra into the 149 and other pens!

• 3 weeks later...

I have another inkwell, metal-coated body. 149 MB it includes, but somehow ... unreliable. You do not leak past the ink pen?

Pia desideria! (lat.)

Hi YurijYuV,

No I have not had any ink leak past the seal as it sits very nicely and tightly in there. With the neck being of a conical shape, this then means any pen fits well. It is a rubber seal and so also 'gives' a little meaning you can ensure a tight fit and not worry about damaging the pen or inkwell.

I used it for the second time tonight and had no issues at all. The Visconti inkwell is worth the money to me :)

Nothing against this V thing but why not invest in a 15-ml (1/2-oz) Nalgene bottle or two instead. For a 149 or M1000 perfect, saves money, takes up less space in your pocket or whatever.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

• 1 month later...

Thread resurrection to give you all a laugh! Having previously filled the inkwell up, today I needed to refill my MB 149. I fit the pen into the inkwell as I have done twice before. Turn it upside down and start to turn the piston to fill her up. I feel a little movement and *click* out comes my pen and all the f'ing ink too! All over my hands and desk. OMG! NOOOOOOOOOO! I was covered in MB Irish Green ink! Luckily on the desk was some tissue paper that soaked up a lot of the ink, however the desk, my hands, some cables were plastered with ink. Took me ages to clean up without the wife knowing. Bless her she struggles with a little OCD so she really does not need to see me and the house covered in Green ink! Anyway I got away with it by scrubbing my hands to get off most of the ink and blagged it by saying the rest had come from refilling my pen.

Suffice to say I washed out the inkwell, left it out to dry on my desk, got out the actual MB ink bottle and filled the bloody pen up 'properly'.

The worst ink problem I have ever had since using FP's. One I do not want to repeat!

You have to unscrew the piston before inserting the pen into the inkwell. Otherwise you are pressurizing the inkwell with air and then you know what happens next :D

I also learned that lesson the hard way..... with Diamine Red Dragon. Everyone I ran into that day asked me if I had cut my hands. HAHAHAHA :D

Edited by 00Photo

• 5 months later...

There can be the odd mishap but these ink wells work very well for Visconti, Pelikan and Montblanc piston fillers. They are convenient and the well fits securely beside my pen in its pen case. This was for me...a no regrets purchase.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be getting one of these in the next couple of days. What is your most common method of putting ink into the V inkwell?

I'll be getting one of these in the next couple of days. What is your most common method of putting ink into the V inkwell?

If I may..Re: Filling Visconti Traveling Ink Pot..eyedropper works for me.

Fred