Pay It Forward 2014

zoniguana

TP, you need to kill that thing before it divides and multiplies.

;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same thing has happened to me in 2 of the PIFs I had. I had to PM both of them just to make sure they got it. I figured they would've PM me to let me know if they did not receive the package. However, they did PM me to let me know they received it. I think they would've said something to you by now if they didn't receive the PIF.

Hi PIFers,

I was wanting to know if anyone remembers a PIF I put up in March for the pens, paper, ink etc. I have not heard from from one of the winners. I show the package arriving in the Postal location of the address I was given. I have not heard from peecee57. I've sent numerous PMs with no response.

In fact I haven't seen this person posting since then. What would one usually do, if anything? I was just hoping the PIF was received. I thank you in for any advice.

aggie

"Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” ― Nelson Mandela

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle

Hi PIFers,

I was wanting to know if anyone remembers a PIF I put up in March for the pens, paper, ink etc. I have not heard from from one of the winners. I show the package arriving in the Postal location of the address I was given. I have not heard from peecee57. I've sent numerous PMs with no response.

In fact I haven't seen this person posting since then. What would one usually do, if anything? I was just hoping the PIF was received. I thank you in for any advice.

aggie

I've sent out envelopes weeks, almost months ago and at least two of them are not reported received... one including a pen another only ink samples. A third one was reported to be received only a few days ago. Snail mail and customs may mess up things. Patience, that's all I can say about it and may it bring satori or at least good karma.

I've sent out envelopes weeks, almost months ago and at least two of them are not reported received... one including a pen another only ink samples. A third one was reported to be received only a few days ago. Snail mail and customs may mess up things. Patience, that's all I can say about it and may it bring satori or at least good karma.

That is the ink samples sent to me. Took almost 6 weeks to be delivered. Slowest ever.

However, i am glad to have received the samples.. better late than never

Hi PIFers,

aggie

I had won the samples of some ink back in feb, but they never arrived. So that is also a possibility, sometimes packages just get lost.

Measured it; samples are closer to 10mls. I've been swamped, so haven't done the picking; let's say end of the week for this. There hasn't been a lot of interest, so . . . come on! Free ink! Chosen for you! At least 30 mls, in wide mouthed glass vials, like a ginormous Ink Drop tailored to you! Maybe more than 30 mls.

You can even PM me now if you prefer that to email.

Neat PIF. I would enter except that I have more ink samples than I can use already. Hope you get a good response.

I'd like to do a Pay It Forward to say thanks to this community and celebrate getting through nursing school and finally landing a fantastic job.

In that vein, (lol, a pun to boot!) I'd like to give away a Pelikan M200 with extra fine nib. There is a catch, however; the winner must be an LVN or LPN student, and you must promise to use the pen in your studies. It is used to Noodler's black already, so it's set for your nurse's notes needs.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Simply PM me to enter, and just tell me what your current favorite fountain pen is, and what area you want to work in as a nurse (pedi, Geri, NICU, tele, etc.) I'll leave this one open for two weeks and pick a winner based upon the entries I find most compelling. Thanks, and best of luck!

Wow, that's one great PIF! Although I can't enter seeing that I'm not studying that, I'm sure the person who receives it would be really delighted! It's really amazing what people are PIFing here!

I think it's obvious that some people on FPN have a really weird understanding of what mods are and what they're supposed to do so I think it's time for a What Is Moderation giveaway. The person who PMs me the best description of what a forum moderator is and what they typically do and how the mod action(s) in this thread fit into that will get a Hero 329 (hooded pen with internal squeeze filler), a Pilot Penmanship (EF nibbed demonstrator with ergonomic grip) and a Pilot squeeze converter. Free shipping worldwide, and I'll leave it open for a week, until May 21st.

This PIF is closing in 3 hours.

Thanks for the PIF Kidde! Please excuse my atrocious cursive

Your penmanship isn't as bad as you think. I'm glad you like the pen. Just know that an Exam was my first piston pen and it definitely opened a door! Many of the ones I now own are really close in size, what many call "German School Pens". While they aren't overly impressive to look at they have, so far, been great to write with.

So keep writing, keep posting and enjoy your pen.

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

Yes, I know. But, I was one and I remember a P51 giveaway to a nursing student when I was in school. If I have to keep it open a month and only get one entry, I'll achieve my purpose. ;)

So... how long does it take to get accepted in Nursing School? .. ;)

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I'd like to do a Pay It Forward to say thanks to this community and celebrate getting through nursing school and finally landing a fantastic job.

In that vein, (lol, a pun to boot!) I'd like to give away a Pelikan M200 with extra fine nib. There is a catch, however; the winner must be an LVN or LPN student, and you must promise to use the pen in your studies. It is used to Noodler's black already, so it's set for your nurse's notes needs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Simply PM me to enter, and just tell me what your current favorite fountain pen is, and what area you want to work in as a nurse (pedi, Geri, NICU, tele, etc.) I'll leave this one open for two weeks and pick a winner based upon the entries I find most compelling. Thanks, and best of luck!

Man. I wish I could enter this!

My roommate's in nursing school, so I'm close!

Oh well. Good luck to anyone entering!

Hello all.

I've thrown my hat into a few PIF (through PMs, etc) rings, but haven't formally introduced myself to the gathered posse in PIF-land, so I figured now would be as good a time as any.

I'm amazed and delighted by this whole idea. The idea of giving stuff away to folks that are enthusiastic but a little strapped for resources is truly wonderful and shows a tremendous (and heartening) faith in those around us. Currently, I'm a grad-student in the midst of major exam study. While my time and funds are extremely limited at the moment, I hope to be able to offer a creative PIF sometime later in the year.

In general, I post infrequently. I'm much more apt to PM or email someone directly. But I'm still here, lurking in the shadows. I probably spend entirely too much time soaking up knowledge from the boards. For now, I think I'll go soak up some more knowledge from my books.

So ... thank you all ... for all of these fantastic PIFs that cross these virtual pages.

And, of course, I'll post big thanks if/when I win one. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

My ink-swap post(s) become out of date eventually. My signature is always current. If you want to swap some ink, here's what I have: Diamine: Ancient Copper, Oxblood, Poppy Red, Red Dragon, Sherwood Green; Iroshizuku: Kon-peki, Ku-jaku, Take-sumi; Noodlers: 54th Mass, BSB, Purple Martin, X-Feather, Widow Maker; Private Reserve: Blue Suede. I'm partial to highly saturated inks, but am open to suggestions. PM if interested.

My First PIF!

I'm new to the FPN, and just found this thread which I am very excited to join!

So, in my gratitude to the FPN for introducing me to the wonderful world of Tomoe River paper I would like to offer one Seven Seas Writer Journal from Nanami Papers.

(I bought 2 this week and now I know why. So I can share one!)

Please PM me if you are interested, and I will choose randomly on Memorial Day (Monday), and ship on Tuesday.

No stipulations, and I will pay postage.

Good Luck

KrisB

fpn_1400800393__pif_seven_seas.jpg

Wonderfully generous! As was said above... this is a lovely thread and I hope to one day have something to give away. Instead, right now, I'm an enthusiast of years who... only just recently could afford/justify her first pen (well, first beyond a Pilot Parallel). So I have a pen and... some cartridges and... nothing else. Perhaps through the Classifieds and here, I'll be able to venture further into the wonderful land of fountain pens. :)

My First PIF!

I'm new to the FPN, and just found this thread which I am very excited to join!

So, in my gratitude to the FPN for introducing me to the wonderful world of Tomoe River paper I would like to offer one Seven Seas Writer Journal from Nanami Papers.

(I bought 2 this week and now I know why. So I can share one!)

Please PM me if you are interested, and I will choose randomly on Memorial Day (Monday), and ship on Tuesday.

No stipulations, and I will pay postage.

Good Luck

KrisB

fpn_1400800393__pif_seven_seas.jpg

WOW, this is fun!

Have got 19 PMs so far and have relied to all I think. So if you haven't got a reply from me PM me again.

Got a got a few questions about limits to shipping, so I want to make it clear. No restrictions, I will ship the Journal anywhere.

Also, I want to give a BIG "THANK YOU!!" to KBeezie for all the help getting me started yesterday!!

So, I am going to make a 4 Pen Wrap using this fabric and PIF it.

fpn_1398355247__kgrhqfmefhdivvh-gbr5ss6o

Can people PM me if they wish to apply with reasons why they'd like this wrap, where they live in the world and what they are currently doing.

I usually give priority to students, people relatively new to fountain pens and members who couldn't afford to buy a pen wrap at the moment.

I'm making progress on this wrap........the lining arrived (pink), it is all cut out and ready to sew and it should be finished in a few days, subject to work commitments etc.

Bump

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/justinarabit/IMG_20140523_131529-1.jpg

Edited by Arabit