Pay It Forward 2014

zoniguana

I looked really closely at the P-51 writing sample.

MAN is that thing writing nicely! Looks like the PERFECT flow to me and I'm REALLY picky about that.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's obvious that some people on FPN have a really weird understanding of what mods are and what they're supposed to do so I think it's time for a What Is Moderation giveaway. The person who PMs me the best description of what a forum moderator is and what they typically do and how the mod action(s) in this thread fit into that will get a Hero 329 (hooded pen with internal squeeze filler), a Pilot Penmanship (EF nibbed demonstrator with ergonomic grip) and a Pilot squeeze converter. Free shipping worldwide, and I'll leave it open for a week, until May 21st.

Edited by WirsPlm

WirsPlm - It might be instructive to be able to read some of the entries in addition to the winning entry. Nice PIF BTW!

Hm, maybe I'll anonymize and summarize them at the end (I'm not going to quote anything, and nothing identifiable will be included). I'll see when we get to the end of the PIF. :)

I looked really closely at the P-51 writing sample.

MAN is that thing writing nicely! Looks like the PERFECT flow to me and I'm REALLY picky about that.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Yup, a whole page of notes later you can colour me a 51 convert! migo984 posted it in perfect ready to ink condition and it is going great guns. I was surprised by how small it is. I was expecting a thick pen, but it is slender and elegant. Thanks once more to migo984, this was a legendary PIF!

Hi all,

I've been in touch with Marie, aka migo984, who asked me to pass on thanks for everyone's kind words, and to say that she was pleased that the P51 had found a good home.

Will

Are you entering too? :P

Nah. I'm not really sure what mods do either. :P

Chuckle.

I KNEW Shawn would bring a smile to my face.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

A few months back I picked up two Jinhao 599's and find myself not using them frequently. Up for grabs is a red model with a medium nib. The pen is unused and will come with a handful of Poky ink cartridges (no converter). If you're interested please message me, I will conduct a random draw on May 16th. Contest is open to those in the CONUS only.

Bumping this, will draw tomorrow evening.

Ultra-mini PIF, if anyone is interested.

A small pen pillow/rest made of pecan, oiled not waxed or sealed (pen not included). Ends Friday at noon EST (GMT -5). Will ship worldwide. Anyone can enter via PM to me.

I only had two entries: artibasos and Arabit. So, unless they both decide they absolutely HAVE to have the one in the photo, I'll knock another one up and they'll each get one.

Edited by injesticate

I only had two entries: artibasos and Arabit. So, unless they both decide they absolutely HAVE to have the one in the photo, I'll knock another one up and they'll each get one.

That's the PIF spirit!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

If you want another entrant I would happily lower the odds. As it looks really nice!

If you want another entrant I would happily lower the odds. As it looks really nice!

Why thank you. So far, I have made a total of - wait for it - 2 pen rests! That was the second one. The first one I liked so much (English Walnut) I decided to keep for myself. When I make a few more, I'll let you know :D

I have a Jinhao 159 I would like to offer. It is bigger and heavier (50 grams per Goulet Pens) than my tastes and never gets used. The original medium nib was stubbed by the person who sent it to me.

In the interest of full disclosure it is not a great writer - not sure if the feed has a hard time keeping up or I am just using the wrong ink with it. I had some success with Waterman Intense Black. I will include an unopened package of international cartridges of the Intense Black. Open to CONUS only. I will keep it open until 5 pm MDT, May 17 and draw that evening. Please send entries by PM

http://www.gouletpens.com/Jinhao_159_Black_Fountain_Pen_p/jin-159.htm

Will draw after 5 pm MDT (GMT-7) Saturday May 17.

I have had a few folks express interest but would like to see even more participate. I may consider going beyond North America.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Why thank you. So far, I have made a total of - wait for it - 2 pen rests! That was the second one. The first one I liked so much (English Walnut) I decided to keep for myself. When I make a few more, I'll let you know :D

Thank you!

New Pen Wrap PIF 3 in/2 out Wrap in Black Stewart Tartan, Second.

Another one which didn't turn out quite right but is still 100% serviceable to carry your pens!! :)

The selvedge is visible along the edge on the outside and the "2 out" pocket is a bit small, still big enough for 2 small pens eg Parker Jotter size and will easily take a single bigger pen.

fpn_1399502833__2014-05-07_203635_1024x7

Please PM me if interested saying why you'd like the wrap and where you live.

Students and new users will be given precedence. Recent winners of PIFs will not be considered.

Free postage Worldwide.

I'm going to draw this tomorrow pm - 7pm EST, Midnight UK

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop