• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MisterBoll and Ethernautrix inspired me to create and share my stationary. The sheets are these:

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Artistic_Endeavors/slides/20140425_224341.jpg

The rules are these:

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_428.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_429.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_430.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Hmm... maybe I can make it more clear by typing.

I have just over 2 dozen packages ready to share. If you want a package, PM me with you address.

If you won't use one of the special hand made inky stationary, just ask for the plain package. No problem. If you want a stationary from those I recently created, tell me which one you like, I'll include the handmade stationary in with the blank fountain pen friendly stationary. Scans of the stationary are here. Look at images 402-427. 421 is not stationary so it isn't available.

You can see how I've used them in these images (not part of the PIF).

Here it was without my letter:

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_399.jpg

Here is the letter I wrote:

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_399c.jpg

I sold two of these and they are going out to be framed. These aren't them, but are here for you to get ideas. These prototypes have synonyms for happy written across them.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_400.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_401.jpg

Anyway, first come gets first preference, except that my current penpals get priority.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Amberlea - I'm gobsmacked at the beautiful combination of art work, color and writing you have created! It's a good thing you're not "just practicing" to be an an artist!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Amberlea - I'm gobsmacked at the beautiful combination of art work, color and writing you have created! It's a good thing you're not "just practicing" to be an an artist!

I've seen your work, so I'm really pleased with that comment. :)

So, I am going to make a 4 Pen Wrap using this fabric and PIF it.

fpn_1398355247__kgrhqfmefhdivvh-gbr5ss6o

Can people PM me if they wish to apply with reasons why they'd like this wrap. New fountain pen users (min 30 posts), students etc will be given priority.

See further discussions about my Pen Wraps here - https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/240284-pen-wrap/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2969903 or PM me.

Giving this a bump, I'd like to get a reasonable amount of interest before I draw this (plus I haven't made it yet and the lining hasn't even arrived).

It will probably not be ready for 2 weeks (I have a few orders to fill first, and a job to go to) so I will draw once it is finished.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Okay, Here is the PIF for April, will Be drawn on 30th of april.

A Nightingale, Softbound, STD size(177 × 240 mm) Lay Flat Ruled notebook. The paper is light but really nice, no bleeding, very rare feathering but there is some ghosting. (I wanted to give a Hardbound book but the shipping charges would kill me, so may be some other time :) )

*Note* If the winner is interested in Hindu Mythology and have use for a pocket book i would throw in one of the Vedic Series Pocket size(A7) notebook as well. Not including it with the pif because of its size and design. Add a line or two in the PM as to why you want this. you can see these here. (http://www.flipkart.com/pens-stationery/diaries-notebooks/notebooks/nightingale~brand/pr?p%5B%5D=facets.size%255B%255D%3DA7&p%5B%5D=sort%3Dpopularity&sid=dgv%2Cgas%2Cv3u&ref=d4605c10-b7e8-4b5a-9c0a-a0c8c8220759)

This is the Notebook

attachicon.gifdscn5484.jpg

attachicon.gifdscn5501.jpg

attachicon.gifdsc02795.jpg

attachicon.gifdsc02813.jpg

attachicon.gifdsc02816.jpg

Now the rules, It is open to everyone except for people in India (as they can buy it anyways). I would like you to tell me in a few words, why you would like the notebook and specially if you want the small one as well. As has been the discussion on this thread lately, *Entrant's Discretion is advised*, I will draw by Random.org but will not consider anyone who can not even write up a few lines. I think no one would be offended. I will Post by registered post on my cost but if the winner wants express post it would be nice if they can pay the difference. Even people who have won recently can enter as i want it to go to someone who will enjoy it. But i will again not consider people with less than 20 posts + more than 6 months old or really new (created for the PIf accounts). :)

Bump...... 3 days to go, I have only 3 entries till now.

Giving this a bump, I'd like to get a reasonable amount of interest before I draw this (plus I haven't made it yet and the lining hasn't even arrived).

It will probably not be ready for 2 weeks (I have a few orders to fill first, and a job to go to) so I will draw once it is finished.

Gorgeous fabric - I hope that you post a pic when you're done.

I won't enter this one since I sew and you've inspired me to make one of my own with your pics in the pen wrap thread. I love your sense of color!

As a reminder this one has about 2 days left. But I also have another PIF (see below the quote)

New PIF, I'm downsizing and most of these are pens I purchased during my new-to-fountain-pen-binge, so passing on the buck since they all work, and I know some people new to FP (or new to Chinese FP) can be a bit skittish bout getting one.

Some Stipulations:

Shipping: To be paid by the receiver

I prefer to ship via Priority mail, but you can request 1st class package instead (around $3 domestically that way depending on weight, otherwise it's like $6 domestically for a priority box with better padding). If international, or in Alaska/Hawaii will need to figure out what the rate would be (just bear in mind most of these pens aren't much more than 10 USD to buy brand new).

Which: You can only request one of the pen. So feel free to PM me questions about them if you're unsure.

Who: Preferably anyone still feeling out fountain pens (you might own some, might own none, maybe you never tried a chinese one, etc).

When: I'll tally up the random winners of each pen on May 30th 11:59PM EST.

Any unrequested pens at that time will be announced for first-come-first-serve.

What: The pens shown from left to right are,

Jinhao X4501 in "Distressed Black" with a 2-tone Jinhao Medium Nib

Jinhao X7501 in "Red Magma" with a monotone Jinhao Medium Nib

Jinhao X7501 in "Black" (glossy?) with a monotone Jinhao Medium Nib

Yiren 32202 w/ fine hooded nib

Wing Sung 32033 with a Medium Nib

Hero 6164 with a fine hooded nib

Esterbrook J (Double Jewel)5 with a Esterbrook 9556 (Firm Fine) Nib

1 Comes with a converter, will take international standard cartridges in either the standard or large size. Takes a #6 nib, so you can actually buy something like a Goulet (2-tone or chrome) EF,F,M,B,1.1,1.5 or Monteverde (black or chrome) F,M,B,1.1 replacement nib to put in them if you want something a tiny bit smoother or different (though some of the Jinhao mediums can be pretty smooth with adjustment, these 3 are decent)

2 Comes with a converter, but will not take international standard cartridges even though the nipple fits, there's a spring in the barrel that prevents the bottom of the of standard cartridges from fitting in completely, probably to sell proprietary cartridges or to add weight.

3 Comes with a converter, and will take international standard cartridges in either standard or large size.

4 Has a permanent 'squeeze' filler. Nib's a little scratchy compared to the rest.

5 Lever Filler, This was one of four pens I attempted to restore, j-bar cleaned up, sac still good, missing bottom jewel (but got a little bit of sac piece disguising it as a jewel). Barrel is a little warped as you can see but still functional. Esterbrook nib/feed unscrew from the section so can easily clean, or buy a brand new esterbrook nib online and screw it into place. (takes a 16 Straight sac if you ever want to re-sac it). The clip is a bit loose on this one.

This PIF is a "Tinkerer's" PIF, basically some of these work, but may need some adjustments or tweaks, etc. There's only two that won't write immediately without something done (which I'll cover).

Stipulations

When: I'll draw the winners of this one on May 2nd 11:59PM EST

Who: Anyone really, but you have to be able to cover shipping. I'm in the US so priority wise (flat rate box) to another US resident is usually around $7, but can possibly get it down to around $3.50 for first class, I'm not sure what the rates are internationally, my zip code is 49546, and weight probably would never exceed 12 ounces if you want to do some calculations at USPS.com.

What: With this one, PM me your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice. In the event you don't win your first choice, you have a chance at your 2nd, and then third if you don't win 2nd choice.

Why: Too many pens too soon, and while I could tweak most of them further, I thought it might be more fun for someone to take a stab at it.

Pictures and Description

fpn_1398673242__maypif.jpg

The Pens, From top to Bottom:

1) Jinhao X450 in a shimmering type of green on black swirl. The feed was shortened in a previous failed experiment so was too short for the original nib it came with, so I took a Serwex nib which had one of the tipping chipped off and slightly stubbed it with some smoothing. Once you get the flow going it's pretty wet and smooth. Has an international standard converter with it (I think the original all plastic jinhao one). I have a matching X450 in a roller ball, but I'm keeping that... hehe.

2) WingSung 233 with what appears to be a western fine nib. Seems fine for the most part, the nib is rather rigid, but decent on the smoothness. It has a built in squeeze filler. It's sort of a hard starter if you don't use it for a few days. The triumph-style nib unscrews from the section if you wish to adjust it a little, just make sure to use some silicone gel or something when screwing it back on so you don't have it leaking below the nib area.

3) An Ero Piston filling pen, The piston is however screwed and I don't think it's repairable. But I managed to get it in the filled position, so it can be used as an eye dropper (the nib/feed combo unscrews out like a esterbrook), that's IF you can seal it below the piston gasket so there's a vacuum, otherwise the ink will just dribble out of the nib. There is a slight line just above the blind cap where you can unscrew the piston portion from the pen (there's some electrical tape in there currently holding the piston at it's current place).

EDIT FOR #3 I went ahead and unscrewed the piston area again, right now the piston itself is held in the filled piston, it's lacking the 'shell' around the piston part that allows it to freely screw up and down, also the piston road is a little rusty looking (tried to clean it best I could) so I wouldn't try to move it up and down. Applied some Silicone Grease around the piston head, put it back in, filled it up and checked it. No longer dribbles, and appears to write ok as a ED. I also replaced the nib with an old steel stratford that appears to have come originally as a small steel stub (but will also provide the original Ero nib too that was custom stubbed).

See below for a write sample in red (using Skrip Melon Red).

4) Stratford Button-Filler. The nib was originally fine until one little flex too many snapped off the left tine. So I ground it down to sort of a rounded off stub. Course has a hard time starting up because even with the original nib style there's a slight gap between the nib and feed (since the material is kind of flexy, it eventually keeps moving away from the feed til you flip it over and press down towards the feed). I also smoothed off the corners too so that I can turn the nib onto it's side while the flow is going to get an even finer line (see write sample). With the button filler you only has to squeeze the button down once and release, repeated presses won't make it hold any more ink.

5) Serwex Special 101 eye-dropper, missing a nib. Seems like it's a #5 since it's about the same width and depth as the one that is in the stratford.

6) A Hero pen, not sure of the model number. Didn't come with a converter. Right now it's got a monteverde black international standard cartridge in it (which I'll remove and clean the section/nib before shipping). Writes fine for the most part, but like some of the others is a hard starter if it hasn't been written with for a few days.

7) A Jinhao X750 in "Stainless Steel", pretty much the way it came, original chrome medium nib (has an almost glassy-smooth feel in writing, which for some reason annoys the hell out of me as I like some feedback). Has a standard international converter that it came with.

Some write samples from the currently inked ones (#4, #2, #6, and #7)

fpn_1398674624__maypif_write.jpg

A write sample from the X450 and that Nib (#1)

fpn_1398240703__p4230707_1280.jpg

And one off the Ero (#3)
fpn_1398725822__redero_write.jpg

Don't have any samples for the Serwex or Eros unless a blob of ink counts. :P

Edited by KBeezie

A good thing you that that sunlight picture, I could have sworn that X450 was black! It looks kind of interesting with the Serwex nib, and it's a nice change - I think I have seen some Indian pens equipped with Chinese nibs, but not vice versa...

PM sent. Thanks for this offer! you have been very generous here...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Here are the winners!

Cryptos - Reform 1745

Kella - Dollar 717 italic

mknoblauch - Artex 104T / Reynolds Ink Pen

lumos - Oliver Exam

scrivelry - Jinhao T1

mhguda - Lanbitou PocketRocket (one to work on, one to write with)

Ray Cornett - Dollar 717 (from Pakistan)

imleftyoureright - Camlin Mini & Reynolds Ink Pen

carlosf9 - Pilot Petit1 (black)

dbarron - Pilot 78g FMB? He has chosen the B. Good choice.

themadstork - Oliver Exam (changed my mind)

migo984 - Dollar 717 Italic.

I will be sending PM's to the winners. It may take a day or so and I plan to mail on Monday. Congratulations to all. Along with Cryptos you all may have increased my heart by a whole size! Of course it is still two sizes too small (which explains why I'm green and live near Whoville).

Paul

Edit to add - I have PMed all winners. Way too much typing!

fpn_1398685437__dollar_pen_thanks.jpg

Verba volant, scripta manent

Hi all! I am new to the world of FPs, but am already a bit obsessed. It all started a few weeks ago when a dear friend encouraged me to buy a real pen and then surprised me by gifting to me a fabulous TWSBI mini. I also purchased a Lamy Al-Star and have discovered that I am in love!

In these past weeks, I've spent every minute I can spare on this site reading up and learning. This is such a wonderful community, providing welcoming and insightful answers and information. As such a newbie, I can't give much back at this point, but what I do have to give is a PIF!

In my insatiable enthusiasm to explore all things FP, I took advantage of Peyton Street Pens' Sheaffer New Old Stock Sampler Duo, which includes a Sheaffer 440 (c/c) and an Imperial II Deluxe (touchdown). They are blue and are beautiful pens, but I discovered that I am not a fan of fine points AT ALL. I inked the 440, but not the Imperial. It's been breaking my heart to see them sitting in a drawer for the last couple of weeks when they should be fulfilling their FP destiny by being used by someone who can love them.

So, here are the rules:

* Open to anyone in the USA.

* I'd like to hear how you discovered fountain pens and what you most love about them.

* Tell me which pen you want and why -- I'd prefer to have two winners, one for each pen.

* Deadline is Friday, April 25. I'll just put everyone's name in a hat and draw the winner, to be announced on Monday, April 28.

Here's a link to the Peyton Street Pens webpage, since their pictures are much better than anything I could take...

Thanks to everyone who entered my PIF! I really enjoyed reading everyone's story about how you discovered fountain pens and what you most love about them; I wish I could send each and every one of you a beautiful pen to add to your collection.

But, without further ado, the winners are...

440: dbarron

Imperial: artibasos

Please PM me your addresses and I will drop these in the mail.

Cheers!

fpn_1398685437__dollar_pen_thanks.jpg[/url]

You are welcome. The handwritten thanks are a great part of the PIF to me. Acknowledgement is nice, but examples of the pen/ink/paper in use say more to me.

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

!!!

I'm really excited -- Portia_of_Belmont's PIF is the first one I've ever won, and I get to try a Sheaffer! Will PM you my address.

i've got a pen which I have been thinking about PIFing for while, It's right on the edge of my collection but just can't make mind up if I can offer it up for a new home yet?

i've got a pen which I have been thinking about PIFing for while, It's right on the edge of my collection but just can't make mind up if I can offer it up for a new home yet?

Hmm... What pen? I'm sure someone would really appreciate it!

Hmm... What pen? I'm sure someone would really appreciate it!

It's not a bad pen. But the thing is it was the pen which started my pen collecting over the last year so strangely enough it has a bit of sentimental value. The thing though I can't remember the last it was a regular in my rotation hence why since my last PIF I've been in two minds about PIFing it.

I may have to see in another day to if I'm finally able to decide?

It's not a bad pen. But the thing is it was the pen which started my pen collecting over the last year so strangely enough it has a bit of sentimental value. The thing though I can't remember the last it was a regular in my rotation hence why since my last PIF I've been in two minds about PIFing it.

I may have to see in another day to if I'm finally able to decide?

If you're hesitating I'd suggest that you shouldn't offer it up. You're not ready to let it go.

Verba volant, scripta manent

If you're hesitating I'd suggest that you shouldn't offer it up. You're not ready to let it go.

Yeah your probably right. But once the exams that are on the horizon for me are over I will have to find something different to offer. As I haven't offered a PIF in a while which is a shame.