• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one brand new Mont Blanc that i am willing to give to one new member. please be the first to comment on this post and it is yours. Postage paid by me.

Just in case "I'd" doesn't count as a first comment :D hehe.

Depends on what a 'new' member is.

One from October '13 with 1 post, or one from February '14 with 1,212 posts if the screendisplays are correct .

:yikes: My, you made more posts in 2 months than I did in 5 years!

Edited by Shaughn

One from October '13 with 1 post, or one from February '14 with 1,212 posts if the screendisplays are correct .

lol, indeed, on every forum I've been on, I've been a post-whore, over on ModelMayhem I accumulated roughly 30 thousand posts in the span of about 5 years. I joined FPN roughly the same time I got my first Fountain Pen, my friend Ray got me back into it (had one as a kid, but not since then). ... I tend to be like a caffeinated squirrel online.

But you are correct on the numbers and age, I pretty much just jump in... sometimes a bit too hastily at times.

The only thing is that all time zones aren't equal. Anyone in the UK would have had to be around at 06.00 this morning to even see that post.

The only thing is that all time zones aren't equal. Anyone in the UK would have had to be around at 06.00 this morning to even see that post.

And it was roughly almost 3AM where Gunga is (Florida), which is the same time zone as I. No clue where CptS resides.

Also it's Easter Sunday, even fewer people would probably be on if they celebrate it. (maybe that was the point?)

Edited by KBeezie

But then I think it's a bit fishy how Cpts has had an account since October and only posted once (today). I mean personally some one who probably only has an account for PIFS shouldn't really be the rightful winner. Personally If I was GUNGA GALUNGA i would do the PIF only for students and ask for a hand written message on why they should win. Because form his point of view he would want to ensure the winner is a truly rightful one.

And again imo, a pif doesn't have to be fair, it totally depends on the giver, he/she can give it away anyway he/she wants.

But then I think it's a bit fishy how Cpts has had an account since October and only posted once (today). I mean personally some one who probably only has an account for PIFS shouldn't really be the rightful winner. Personally If I was GUNGA GALUNGA i would do the PIF only for students and ask for a hand written message on why they should win. Because form his point of view he would want to ensure the winner is a truly rightful one.

Students?

post-111162-0-70632000-1397981773_thumb.jpg

I attend the Academy of Art University San Francisco! I have an ID card somewhere,lol

lol but are you currently enrolled like I am? (speaking which, I have finals this week so... after next week not technically a student til the fall semester). I suppose there's always the .edu email, since only current students still have access to that.

Edited by KBeezie

Is that a real PIF? I mean, it's a Mont Blanc. People don't just give them away, do they?

I would like to say I would be interested - if it was real - although having never seen an actual Mont Blanc* in the flesh I would be asking for something I know nothing about. Probably not the best recipient in that case. :unsure:

*actually there are a lot of brands I have never seen, including visconti, caran d'ache, TWSBI, Pelikan... and the list goes on.

ps: I am an enrolled student at a University.

Edited by Cryptos

Guest Ray Cornett

lol but are you currently enrolled like I am? (speaking which, I have finals this week so... after next week not technically a student til the fall semester). I suppose there's always the .edu email, since only current students still have access to that.

I did say attend, not attended :) I am going for my AA in graphic design. This semester has about 5 more weeks.

Is that a real PIF? I mean, it's a Mont Blanc. People don't just give them away, do they?

I would like to say I would be interested - if it was real - although having never seen an actual Mont Blanc* in the flesh I would be asking for something I know nothing about. Probably not the best recipient in that case. :unsure:

*actually there are a lot of brands I have never seen, including visconti, caran d'ache, TWSBI, Pelikan... and the list goes on.

ps: I am an enrolled student at a University.

I imagine it's probably is, the giver is newer than I am in terms of registration on the site, but his post history suggest he's already purchased least two MontBlanc Boheme (Maron and Rougue) earlier this month. Though if it says Mont Blanc separated on the pen itself and was purchased from some place like 9penShop then eh... who knows. But can beggars be choosers?

Anywho, I need sleep, it's almost 5AM here.

Edited by KBeezie

New PIF, I'm downsizing and most of these are pens I purchased during my new-to-fountain-pen-binge, so passing on the buck since they all work, and I know some people new to FP (or new to Chinese FP) can be a bit skittish bout getting one.

Some Stipulations:

Shipping: To be paid by the receiver

I prefer to ship via Priority mail, but you can request 1st class package instead (around $3 domestically that way depending on weight, otherwise it's like $6 domestically for a priority box with better padding). If international, or in Alaska/Hawaii will need to figure out what the rate would be (just bear in mind most of these pens aren't much more than 10 USD to buy brand new).

Which: You can only request one of the pen. So feel free to PM me questions about them if you're unsure.

Who: Preferably anyone still feeling out fountain pens (you might own some, might own none, maybe you never tried a chinese one, etc).

When: I'll tally up the random winners of each pen on May 30th 11:59PM EST.

Any unrequested pens at that time will be announced for first-come-first-serve.

What: The pens shown from left to right are,

Jinhao X4501 in "Distressed Black" with a 2-tone Jinhao Medium Nib

Jinhao X7501 in "Red Magma" with a monotone Jinhao Medium Nib

Jinhao X7501 in "Black" (glossy?) with a monotone Jinhao Medium Nib

Yiren 32202 w/ fine hooded nib

Wing Sung 32033 with a Medium Nib

Hero 6164 with a fine hooded nib

Esterbrook J (Double Jewel)5 with a Esterbrook 9556 (Firm Fine) Nib

1 Comes with a converter, will take international standard cartridges in either the standard or large size. Takes a #6 nib, so you can actually buy something like a Goulet (2-tone or chrome) EF,F,M,B,1.1,1.5 or Monteverde (black or chrome) F,M,B,1.1 replacement nib to put in them if you want something a tiny bit smoother or different (though some of the Jinhao mediums can be pretty smooth with adjustment, these 3 are decent)

2 Comes with a converter, but will not take international standard cartridges even though the nipple fits, there's a spring in the barrel that prevents the bottom of the of standard cartridges from fitting in completely, probably to sell proprietary cartridges or to add weight.

3 Comes with a converter, and will take international standard cartridges in either standard or large size.

4 Has a permanent 'squeeze' filler. Nib's a little scratchy compared to the rest.

5 Lever Filler, This was one of four pens I attempted to restore, j-bar cleaned up, sac still good, missing bottom jewel (but got a little bit of sac piece disguising it as a jewel). Barrel is a little warped as you can see but still functional. Esterbrook nib/feed unscrew from the section so can easily clean, or buy a brand new esterbrook nib online and screw it into place. (takes a 16 Straight sac if you ever want to re-sac it). The clip is a bit loose on this one.

;) Yes they all work.

Picture

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/april_pif1.jpg

Some of them are shown in this writing sample and the Yiren is shown in this one.

Good Luck :D

As a reminder there's little over a week left for this one, and the odds are pretty good for the current people on the list (low numbers of people per pen)

As a reminder there's little over a week left for this one, and the odds are pretty good for the current people on the list (low numbers of people per pen)

I didn't consider entering because I'm in the UK and I fear that US to UK shipping would be too great.

Pilot PIF--perfect for someone relatively new to fountain pens.

Open to anyone in the US who has not previously won a PIF from me.

What's included?

--A black Pilot 78g

--Medium nib

--Squeeze convertor

--Pilot cartridge to get you started

--One sample vial of your choice of ink:

Waterman purple

Waterman Havana brown

Noodler's red rattler

Noodler's Lexington grey

Noodler's blue

Noodler's air corp blue black

Diamine pumpkin

Diamine sapphire blue

This is a great pen. But I've realized that I haven't been using it much because I prefer pens that are slightly heavier. The body is slightly scuffed from use, but otherwise it is in good shape and it is a reliable writer.

To enter, please send me a PM with:

--your name

--your mailing address

--something interesting about yourself or a note about how you got into fountain pens.

Here'a a PIF...

What is up for PIF?: A Cigar Box/Pen Case with 8 slots. I bought this one a while back from BamaPen. The top has a picture of Van Gogh's Starry Night, and the inside has a detail from the same painting.

Who is eligible?: Please, let's limit this to people who are newer to FPs and need something to hold their pens. U.S. residents only, because I can mail domestic without going to the post office.

When Does it End?: One week from right now. So....Wednesday, April 23rd 19:45 PM EDT

How does one enter?: I want to see your need for storage. Show me (here, not by PM) your homeless pens and their current, unfortunate state of storage.

How do I pick the winner?: Whichever entry/sob story/picture I like best. I have no idea what criteria I will use.

attachicon.gif10252804_10202762677260147_1847769425_o.jpgattachicon.gif10260384_10202762675780110_2140281104_o.jpg

So far, with about 3.25 days to go, I have 4 entries:

Jdp2496

Kella

loveyounadal

ellenspn

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

I'll join in. I'm not picky :)

Edited by ellenspn

Wool, doghair and ink

Ellenspn