#751 cleosmama

cleosmama

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 15:10

You're very welcome for the PIF, it looks like the Waterman's Mysterious Blue has found a happy new home!  ;)

I love the copper-colored Estie, and am looking to pick one up for myself as well.  Please share the link to where you picked up the pen from Rick.

Rick sometimes posts sales on the two other fountain pen discussion boards, plus he has a Web site at http://www.vintagepenmarketplace.com/

You might email him to see what he has at ckrantz3@msn.com

#752 SnorriRafn

SnorriRafn

Fountain Pen Viking

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 15:34

Since I was so lucky to win a bottle of Parker Penman Sapphire and have a few cartridges of the Ink myself I have decoded to make them available here so more people can enjoy this wonderful ink.

I will send them anywhere in the world and throw in a Hero 612. Send me a PM and I will choose two winners by April 20th

#753 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 15:49

Now, another Pen Wrap PIF  :) 

I have a couple of wraps with some minor faults

1. William Morris Print

fpn_1396824501__2014-04-06_234238_1024x7

Slight bunching up along end seam.

2. Shooting Stars

fpn_1396824629__2014-04-06_234142_1024x7

Pen Pocket not completely straight.

3. Circuit Board

fpn_1396824691__2014-04-06_234026_1024x7

Some discolouration of the fabric in the bottom Left corner of the pen pocket.

So, these are all free to a good home!!

PM me if you'd like one of these wraps. 

Giving this a Bump - I will draw it tomorrow evening, Wednesday. Please apply for a specific wrap, Thanks.

Edited by alc3261, 08 April 2014 - 15:50.

button2.png                                                                            letterji9.png

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

#754 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:59

New PIF, I'm downsizing and most of these are pens I purchased during my new-to-fountain-pen-binge, so passing on the buck since they all work, and I know some people new to FP (or new to Chinese FP) can be a bit skittish bout getting one. 

Some Stipulations:

Shipping: To be paid by the receiver

I prefer to ship via Priority mail, but you can request 1st class package instead (around $3 domestically that way depending on weight, otherwise it's like $6 domestically for a priority box with better padding). If international, or in Alaska/Hawaii will need to figure out what the rate would be (just bear in mind most of these pens aren't much more than 10 USD to buy brand new). 

Which: You can only request one of the pen. So feel free to PM me questions about them if you're unsure. 

Who: Preferably anyone still feeling out fountain pens (you might own some, might own none, maybe you never tried a chinese one, etc).

When: I'll tally up the random winners of each pen on May 30th 11:59PM EST.

Any unrequested pens at that time will be announced for first-come-first-serve. 

What: The pens shown from left to right are,

Jinhao X4501 in "Distressed Black" with a 2-tone Jinhao Medium Nib

Jinhao X7501 in "Red Magma" with a monotone Jinhao Medium Nib

Jinhao X7501 in "Black" (glossy?) with a monotone Jinhao Medium Nib

Yiren 32202 w/ fine hooded nib 

Wing Sung 32033 with a Medium Nib

Hero 6164 with a fine hooded nib

Esterbrook J (Double Jewel)5 with a Esterbrook 9556 (Firm Fine) Nib

1 Comes with a converter, will take international standard cartridges in either the standard or large size. Takes a #6 nib, so you can actually buy something like a Goulet (2-tone or chrome) EF,F,M,B,1.1,1.5 or Monteverde (black or chrome) F,M,B,1.1 replacement nib to put in them if you want something a tiny bit smoother or different (though some of the Jinhao mediums can be pretty smooth with adjustment, these 3 are decent)

2 Comes with a converter, but will not take international standard cartridges even though the nipple fits, there's a spring in the barrel that prevents the bottom of the of standard cartridges from fitting in completely, probably to sell proprietary cartridges or to add weight.

3 Comes with a converter, and will take international standard cartridges in either standard or large size. 

4 Has a permanent 'squeeze' filler. Nib's a little scratchy compared to the rest. 

5 Lever Filler, This was one of four pens I attempted to restore, j-bar cleaned up, sac still good, missing bottom jewel (but got a little bit of sac piece disguising it as a jewel). Barrel is a little warped as you can see but still functional. Esterbrook nib/feed unscrew from the section so can easily clean, or buy a brand new esterbrook nib online and screw it into place. (takes a 16 Straight sac if you ever want to re-sac it). The clip is a bit loose on this one.

;)  Yes they all work. 

Picture

april_pif1.jpg

Some of them are shown in this writing sample and the Yiren is shown in this one.

Good Luck  :D

Edited by KBeezie, 09 April 2014 - 09:00.

#755 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:09

@KBeezie

What a nice PIF - you're very generous. It's an excellent opportunity for new FP users. 

SnailBadge.png

#756 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• 3,470 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:17

@KBeezie

What a nice PIF - you're very generous. It's an excellent opportunity for new FP users. 

:P Thought bout selling em, but the total cost of everything above to me was a little over $30, so time and effort to recoup that didn't seem that beneficial, saw it as more of a 'rental for experience', and figured may as well pass that on, since some people would like to try em, but want to make sure they "work". 

#757 alc3261

alc3261

• Member - Gold

• 1,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2014 - 19:11

Pen Wrap PIF (see previous posts)

Choice of Wrap, not quite perfect.

I will be drawing this in 3 hours time (11pm UK)

PM me to enter - Please state one choice only.

button2.png                                                                            letterji9.png

#758 alc3261

alc3261

• Member - Gold

• 1,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2014 - 22:05

1. William Morris Print - Winner Kella

2. Shooting Stars - Winner Running_Ute

3. Circuit Board - Winner KBeezie

So, can all the Winners PM me with their addresses. Thanks.

#759 kidde

kidde

Thumbthing's Odd!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:38

My turn. I have a few pens to pass on. They run the gamut of "cheap" pens. These will all be new, never inked. I found that most often I could order multiples with free shipping for roughly the same amount as a single pen.
Since this is my PIF here are my rules.
Open to all, everywhere, period. If you want to enter for a third party I will give it to you and you may pass it on if chosen.
I need a few lines about what types of pens you like or would like to try. My PIF contains eyedroppers, C/C, squeeze/aerometric "like" and a piston or two. A couple are VERY small. Many I've written a line or two about. Most are Asian (China/India/Pakistan). I also have a know bad pen that I will include with a similar pen for parts. It is metal and cracked, I believe irreparable.
These where all purchased recently.
I will use a random number generator and give preference to who is chosen first, trying to match fill type to request.
Also, the pen of each type I used seemed to be decent pens. The ones I bought that have issues I'm still trying to figure out, like the Hero 360. Somehow that nib could be usable, unless it won't but I'm not giving up yet.

Lastly, one person will get my Favorite (for now) cheap model (Reform 1745 NOS). It is a highly thought of pen and its recipient will not be random. Something someone sends me will let me know. My heart is three sizes to small, so a tender story won't help. Honesty carries a lot of weight with me, so try that. Good luck. Winners announced in two weeks.

Paul

Edited by kidde, 10 April 2014 - 15:16.

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

#760 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• 3,470 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:49

My turn. I have a few pens to pass on. They run the gamut of "cheap" pens. These will all be new, never inked. I found that most often I could order multiples with free shipping for roughly the same amount as a single pen.
Since this is my PIF here are my rules.
Open to all, everywhere, period. If you want to enter for a third party I will give it to you and you may pass it on if chosen.
I need a few lines about what types of pens you like or would like to try. My PIF contains eyedroppers, C/C, squeeze/aerometric "like" and a piston or two. A couple are VERY small. Many I've written a line or two about. Most are Asian (China/India/Pakistan). I also have a know bad pen that I will include with a similar pen for parts. It is metal and cracked, I believe irreparable.
These where all purchased recently.
I will use a random number generator and give preference to who is chosen first, trying to match fill type to request.
Also, the pen of each type I used seemed to be decent pens. The ones I bought that have issues I'm still trying to figure out, like the Hero 360. Somehow that nib could be usable, unless it won't but I'm not giving up yet.

Lastly, one person will get my Favorite (for now) cheap model. It is a highly thought of pen and its recipient will not be random. Something someone sends me will let me know. My heart is three sizes to small, so a tender story won't help. Honesty carries a lot of weight with me, so try that. Good luck. Winners announced in two weeks.

Paul

ooo a surprise :D :P

#761 mhguda

mhguda

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:38

I googled some images of the Hero 360, and indeed its nib is like that of my Wang Liangbo's. I've had and tried at least ten of those, most given away as gifts but I've kept a few. I have never had a problem with those, except that sometimes they may be dry starters. Nothing that a quick dip in water (usually inky with other dips) cannot remedy. What is the problem with yours? and, have you done the water & dish soap treatment before inking it?

BTW I like the way you are doing this PiF very much. Surprises all around!

save energy - write with a fountain pen...

#762 Kella

Kella

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:42

Sweet! Thanks alc3261!

#763 alc3261

alc3261

• Member - Gold

• 1,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2014 - 15:42

1. William Morris Print

2. Shooting Stars

3. Circuit Board

So, these are all free to a good home!!

PM me if you'd like one of these wraps. 

Bit of a plug - the perfect version of the Circuit Board wrap is now available in my Etsy Shop in Blue or Green (if I'm allowed to say that)?

#764 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,175 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2014 - 23:49

So, can all the Winners PM me with their addresses. Thanks.

Many thanks - am looking forward to receiving Shooting Stars. Have PM'd my address to you.

Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

LetterExchange_sm.png

#765 injesticate

injesticate

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:43

Just wanted to say thanks!

Attached Images

• DSCF3787.JPG

#766 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• 3,470 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:33

Just wanted to say thanks!

Glad it worked out for ya, what ink you messing with on it? 

#767 injesticate

injesticate

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:24

The Imperial Blue you sent along with it.  On cheap copy paper, it's definitely purple. A little less so on the Fabriano paper in the picture.

#768 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:44

:bunny01: New PIF for Spring :bunny01:

Hello everyone

I thought that today it would be nice to offer a bright, cheerful PIF to celebrate the end of what has been a long winter for many and to welcome the long-awaited arrival of spring.  So I'm offering a Lamy Safari Fountain Pen in the new 2014 Limited Edition colour, Neon Coral. This comes with a medium nib and I'll also include a Z24 converter. 

You'll all be familiar with the ubiquitous Safari so I'm sure I don't need to say any more about this pen.

attachicon.gifLamy-Safari-fp-Neon-Coral.jpg

If the winner resides in the UK I will include a bottle of Diamine Coral ink to match the pen. If the winner is outside the UK I will include a pack of Monteverde ink cartridges in Fluorescent Orange (these fit the Safari) The winner will also receive a pack of the new matching Lamy Neon Coral ink cartridges. If the winner lives in the UK they will have the option of choosing a 30ml bottle of Diamine Coral  ink instead of the Neon Coral cartridges.

This PIF is open to all.  I trust you to use your own judgement but if you have won a recent PIF and/or you can easily afford to buy this pen for yourself, please consider whether it is appropriate to enter this PIF.

I will ship this pen worldwide at my own cost.

Entry is by PM to me. I will close this PIF at 7pm British Summer Time on Monday 14th April. I will select the winner at random using www.random.org

Good luck everyone :) 

3 days left so BUMPING my PIF

Edited by migo984, 11 April 2014 - 15:39.

SnailBadge.png

#769 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Ink Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2014 - 13:34

Vulpen supplied a new box and stickers, so this PIF is now only missing a bit of ink. Great color - cool, cute bottle!

Only 4 days left!!

And, I've decided to add a nearly full bottle of Noodlers Cape Cod Cranberry! More pink ink than you'll know what to do with!

Edited to add: See post #735 for full info. Akkerman ink #12 PIF. Thanks.

Edited by Sinistral1, 11 April 2014 - 13:39.

Does the color of the ink stain on your fingers give others a window into the depth of your soul, or did you just forget to wear gloves?  Unknown.

#770 theverdictis

theverdictis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:34

What a great idea. Wish I had of knew about this site sooner so I could of seen the Batman case! Shame I also don't live in Canada, bad times! :(

Ben

letterji9.png

#771 alc3261

alc3261

• Member - Gold

• 1,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:32

What a great idea. Wish I had of knew about this site sooner so I could of seen the Batman case! Shame I also don't live in Canada, bad times! :(

Ben

Plenty of us are in the UK!!

#772 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:46

Ben

You can get it for only £2 on ebay if you really want it?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3375be88ea

Edited by top pen, 12 April 2014 - 09:57.

#773 Comptine

Comptine

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 14:11

I love the whole idea of PIF, it's great, especially seeing how you end up harbouring things you might never use again, I know I have a few things just lying around. Rather than collect a lot of pens I accumulated a lot of inks since I started using FPs. I went through a period thinking purple was my signature colour, but use it a lot less than I thought I would. I would like to PIF a bottle of Rohrer & Klinger Cassia. It's a 50ml bottle, I've used some but I believe there is at least 40ml left if not more. 

As for rules -

I'd like it to go to Europe.

I'm not too bothered if you've recently won a PIF, it's your decision to enter. 

I would love a line or two motivating the entry and I'll pick someone I find suitable. 

The winner should be announced around the 25th this month.

Lamy Al-star Blue (M) - Caran d'Ache Carbon Black

Parker 95 (M) - Iroshizuku Chiku Rin

Cult Pens by Kaweco (mini) - J. Herbin Eclat de saphir

#774 alc3261

alc3261

• Member - Gold

• 1,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 17:18

Pen Wrap PIF. So, can all the Winners PM me with their addresses. Thanks.

All of the wraps will be posted on Monday.

#775 Seiry

Seiry

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 22:28

I've always liked your wraps.  I think the 1st is nice.

Giving this a Bump - I will draw it tomorrow evening, Wednesday. Please apply for a specific wrap, Thanks.

"Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” ― Nelson Mandela

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle

#776 alc3261

alc3261

• Member - Gold

• 1,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 23:11

New Pen Wrap PIF for Easter

4 Pen Wrap in Blue.

There will be a choice of fabric for the winner. These 2 are the latest ones I'm making Black Watch Tartan and Dragonfliy print. 

fpn_1397344043__2014-04-13_000332_1024x6

These are just examples, the winner will choose a fabric.

Please PM me to tell me why you deserve this PIF. Can you please also say where you live.

I will give preference to Newbies, Students etc. Will send Worldwide.

#777 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• 3,470 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2014 - 00:15

New Pen Wrap PIF for Easter

4 Pen Wrap in Blue.

There will be a choice of fabric for the winner. These 2 are the latest ones I'm making Black Watch Tartan and Dragonfliy print. 

fpn_1397344043__2014-04-13_000332_1024x6

These are just examples, the winner will choose a fabric.

Please PM me to tell me why you deserve this PIF. Can you please also say where you live.

I will give preference to Newbies, Students etc. Will send Worldwide.

:P I know someone who loves dragonflies, I need to get her on this site for a chance... 

#778 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:17

Well, that's a real surprise. My previous PIF for a Cultpens Mini brushed metal fountain pen + Herbin cartridges attracted far more expressions of interest than my current PIF for the 2014 S.E Neon Coral Safari + matching Lamy cartridges. I guess you never know with fountain pens eh.

SnailBadge.png

#779 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• 3,470 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:24

Well, that's a real surprise. My previous PIF for a Cultpens Mini brushed metal fountain pen + Herbin cartridges attracted far more expressions of interest than my current PIF for the 2014 S.E Neon Coral Safari + matching Lamy cartridges. I guess you never know with fountain pens eh.

Kinda like how no one has shown any interest in the X450 or Red X750 in my PIF yet. :P (so far just a few for the esterbrook, one for the Hero, and one 2 for the black X750). 

#780 Ray Cornett

Ray Cornett

Snorkel Freak

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:27

I think perhaps it is because so many of is have won PIFS that we actually used out judgement as requested and didn't enter for it :)

To write or not to write. There is no question. Write!