Pay It Forward 2014

zoniguana

Ok, so on re-count, we actually hit 31 entries for the Parker 51, but I have included the excess name into the hat-like object, as it was my screw-up.

Thankfully, I had spare card stock... (ok, so I actually just ripped up half a page of CF paper...)

So the number (I mean person...) who won the pen is:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/WirlWind494/20140228_234116.jpg

Will the REAL number 27 please stand up?!

Hello?

Oh, right. I meant to say "pandabirdy1"

Congrats, not only did I pick your number twice (I decided to go with first person to be drawn twice to be different), you're also an Aussie!

Sorry to everyone else who didn't win. I wish I had the money to buy you all one, but alas.

Edited by WirlWind

Do, or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Dude, can you turn those drums down? We can hear them in the next street! - That one annoying neighbour

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so on re-count, we actually hit 31 entries for the Parker 51, but I have included the excess name into the hat-like object, as it was my screw-up.

Thankfully, I had spare card stock... (ok, so I actually just ripped up half a page of CF paper...)

So the number (I mean person...) who won the pen is:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/WirlWind494/20140228_234116.jpg

Will the REAL number 27 please stand up?!

Hello?

Oh, right. I meant to say "pandabirdy1"

Congrats, not only did I pick your number twice (I decided to go with first person to be drawn twice to be different), you're also an Aussie!

Sorry to everyone else who didn't win. I wish I had the money to buy you all one, but alas.

Just got the PM, thanks so much!

Such a generous PIF.

I was just looking at Ankle Braces online - yes that's braces not bracelets... and thinking of all the things I would rather be spending money on...

That has cheered me up immensely!

(Xrays have just confirmed an ankle fracture from a very ungainly fall 2 weeks ago.)

Thank you also to the mysterious hat-like object.

I shall try to list a far more modest PIF offering in the next fortnight.

Thanks to everyone who shares advice, knowledge or actual pens, paper or ink via this forum - it's so appreciated!

Congratulations pandabirdy. I'm sure you'll enjoy that 51. WirlWind, you put lot of thought into finding a method you felt the fair way of doing the PIF.

You are both winners.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

RHODIA THEMED PIF

Up for grabs is a refillable Rhodia Notepad Cover suitable for any standard top-stapled A5 Rhodia pad. The cover is black imitation leather with embossed Rhodia logo, side pen loop and pocket in the inside top cover. It flips open at the top & is the usual Rhodia quality.

attachicon.gifRhodia Notepad cover.jpg

I am including a black covered A5 Rhodia dotPad (148 x 210mm), a head-stapled notepad with 80 sheets of extra white, smooth, 80g acid-free, pH neutral, superfine vellum paper. The paper is printed with pale violet dots with 5mm intervals. The pad is micro-perforated along the top for easy page removal.

attachicon.gifRhodia dotpad.jpg

Finally, I’ve put a Rhodia Pencil into the notepad cover pen loop. It’s a graphite pencil with a triangular, black wood body, exterior painted in Rhodia bright orange with a black eraser tip.

This PIF is open worldwide to everyone, except those who have won a PIF within the past 12 months. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'll select a winner at random.

I will close this PIF at 6pm GMT on Tuesday 4th March

BUMPING my PIF :)

Verba volant, scripta manent

This is an amazing Idea! I'm brand new here, but the sense of community on this forum seems exceptional.

Thank you ! :happycloud9:

This is a promising sign that 2014 will be better year than 2013 !

(And I'working on a highly scientific approach to select the winner of my PIF.)

Wow this place is really welcoming.

I've been here for a week or so and I'm loving it.

I just discovered the PIF section :)

I'm getting some vials soon so I'll be able to PIF some ink real soon.

Cheers,

Jéjé

A First Time PIF.

I guess I would still be considered a " Newbie ". I've been at FPN for just over 10 months. I hope that the manner in which this is being done is correct. I've read quite a number of PIFs and realize that the person giving the items is pretty much at liberty to set the criteria. So I shall set the guidelines for the for the PIFs I plan to give. That is right, I have two groupings of items for two totally different sets of criteri.

What I want to explain about my packagings is that because I've not been into FPs ,et al, for very long therefore I've not accumulated an excess of the things that we all here adore. So I decided to buy some things in order to have items for PIFs.

My first target group is anyone, anywhere that is in their 1st or 2nd year of College/University. This bunch is probably needing the things we give in PIFs, or just starting out using these items. Included in this class is anyone that might be going to a tech school, a trade school or some sort of OTJT. Also if you're attending a Junior College ( here in the US that is what we call a college that offers a two year degree ). Just because one isn't going to a major University should not make their education less important. Also if a FPN member has a family member or a very close friend that meets the above qualifications, please PM their info. The last thing I'd like is when you PM me, is for you to write a little about yourself and in what field you are studing. For those FPN members submitting a name for someone else, I'd like for that person to write the info and you can post it.

Oh! I suppose you'd like to know what you'd be getting if you're the winner!?!

A Lamy Al-Star Fountain Pen, Dark Purple, EF chrome nib

1 - box (5) Lamy carts, green

1 - 50ml bottle Waterman ink, Serenity

1 - Z24 converter

1 - 90g, Ivory High Grade Vellum Paper ( you can have either black or orange )

R by Rhodia ( this is one of my favs. )

Bloc No.16 notepad

Now, the second target group I'm offering a PIF to is anyone, anywhere! That's it!

Well there is one last exclusion for both groups: you cannot have won a PIF from me in the last 10 months. The fact that I've been here 10 months and this is my first PIF makes that a mute point.

The items for the second group is:

1 - Lamy Al-Star Fountain Pen, Purple, Medium nib

1 - box (5) Lamy carts, violet

1 - 50ml bottle Waterman ink, Green

1 - Z24 converter

Bloc No.16 notepad

Each entry will get a number and be selected by Random.com, both groups. My promise to read the statements from the students will not make a difference on the person chosen. I just want you to know that I care about what you are striving to do.

I realize that this is rather long PIF post and I thank you for reading it.

I hope this is a decent PIF.

aggie

P.S. This will close in 3 weeks ( Central time zone US, approxmately 1/00 am ). Then I will need to do my part. I'll let you know exactly when the winners will be announced after I see how many entries.

Edited by mr2txaggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

Damn, mr2txaggie.

Bringing new levels of generosity to this biznatch.

Do, or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Dude, can you turn those drums down? We can hear them in the next street! - That one annoying neighbour

Very nice PiF, aggie. I wish you joy of it, and many entries. But you don't need to feel you have to buy stuff to give away! Who knows what treasures you have waiting in a drawer, or around your desk, that you no longer have a use for, but that someone here may treasure if they received it?

My new PiF will be more along those lines. I have some Indian eyedropper-filled pens that I got as extras, including some that I bought for a highschool class project, that are not being used and that I would like to pass on to anyone who is interested in playing with the eyedroppers. They will come packed in one of the nice boxes, better called pencil boxes, that some other pens came shipped in. Cheerful colors and they take a bunch - I'd like to include them with the pen. There will be one of each. So, if you would like to play with an ED or have someone in your circle that would, feel free to drop me a line via PM. I won't leave this up here too long, since it's such a small offering - say until this coming friday, march 7. I will choose two winners based on the PM sent, or by randomizer, depending.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Nice one mr2txaggie! Those are some extremely generous PIFs.

Just a little Bumpity bump. :) (the accompanying photo is in my original post on page 17)

In the hopes of attracting some good PIF karma, here is my first offering. Two inks, both mostly full. Nib holder, and two nibs.

The first is an Indian Ink, Sennelier, 1.05floz (probably slightly less than that). Plastic lid, nice glass bottle. This ink is for brushes and dip pens only, it's not a suitable FP ink. The side of the bottle reads: "Beautiful deep black Indian ink that is indelible and lightfast. When diluted with water it becomes less indelible. Excellent for calligraphy nib pens, brushes and airbrush. Not recommended for fountain pens." It goes on thick, and dries slowly, but not so slowly as to be a hindrance. There's a slight glossy sheen to it once it's dry.

The second is Higgins Black Magic. Slightly less than one ounce. Plastic bottle with plastic eyedropper lid. The Higgins has been used a little bit more than the Sennelier. I find it flows pretty quickly, and dries at a reasonable pace, neither remarkably fast or slow. It only looks really black with a fine nib, the thinner it's spread the more it becomes apparent that it's quite translucent as far as blacks go. More of a very very dark grey. Again, this is a dip pen only ink.

Finally I have two cheap Brause nibs, along with a (sadly) cheap plastic holder. The better of the two nibs is the Brause No. 361, it's blue (don't know what kind of metal it's made of), quite fat, yet puts down a very thin line. It holds quite a lot of ink as far as a dip pen goes, and if I didn't have trouble with it due to my left handedness it would be the nib I'd use to address envelopes. Sadly, I can't make it do anything so I'd like to send it on to someone who might like it.

The second Brause nib is No. 26, and frankly, neither myself nor my husband can make it do anything. It doesn't fit in the holder very well, I add it to the package in the hopes that it might find its way to being useful.

Both nibs will be thoroughly cleaned before shipping. I just realized that they're filthy in the pic.

Sorry for the poor writing sample, as I can't really make these nibs do what they were designed for I can't demonstrate any merits they might have.

The winner will receive everything mentioned above and will be drawn on Wed March 12th, 2014 by random selection of numbers assigned upon entry. Please PM me to enter.

Stipulations for entry:

We are poor students so while this PIF is open to any and all, I would ask that people outside of North America please enter only if you are willing to pay the shipping costs should you win. I will pay shipping if the winner is within North America.

Please do not enter if you have won a PIF in the past 6mo.

Edited by Tsuki yo

Dude. I feel small. That is one serious first PIF. It took me a year to buy my first Lamy. I did buy a couple of cheap pens and had a Sheaffer Admiral by my father in law.

But, as others have said, you dont have to buy to give. I think I will have to step up and PIF a PIF'd pen I repaired.

Thank You.

A First Time PIF.

I guess I would still be considered a " Newbie ". I've been at FPN for just over 10 months. I hope that the manner in which this is being done is correct. I've read quite a number of PIFs and realize that the person giving the items is pretty much at liberty to set the criteria. So I shall set the guidelines for the for the PIFs I plan to give. That is right, I have two groupings of items for two totally different sets of criteri.

What I want to explain about my packagings is that because I've not been into FPs ,et al, for very long therefore I've not accumulated an excess of the things that we all here adore. So I decided to buy some things in order to have items for PIFs.

My first target group is anyone, anywhere that is in their 1st or 2nd year of College/University. This bunch is probably needing the things we give in PIFs, or just starting out using these items. Included in this class is anyone that might be going to a tech school, a trade school or some sort of OTJT. Also if you're attending a Junior College ( here in the US that is what we call a college that offers a two year degree ). Just because one isn't going to a major University should not make their education less important. Also if a FPN member has a family member or a very close friend that meets the above qualifications, please PM their info. The last thing I'd like is when you PM me, is for you to write a little about yourself and in what field you are studing. For those FPN members submitting a name for someone else, I'd like for that person to write the info and you can post it.

Oh! I suppose you'd like to know what you'd be getting if you're the winner!?!

A Lamy Al-Star Fountain Pen, Dark Purple, EF chrome nib

1 - box (5) Lamy carts, green

1 - 50ml bottle Waterman ink, Serenity

1 - Z24 converter

Bloc No.16 notepad

Now, the second target group I'm offering a PIF to is anyone, anywhere! That's it!

Well there is one last exclusion for both groups: you cannot have won a PIF from me in the last 10 months. The fact that I've been here 10 months and this is my first PIF makes that a mute point.

The items for the second group is:

1 - Lamy Al-Star Fountain Pen, Purple, Medium nib

1 - box (5) Lamy carts, violet

1 - 50ml bottle Waterman ink, Green

1 - Z24 converter

Bloc No.16 notepad

Each entry will get a number and be selected by Random.com, both groups. My promise to read the statements from the students will not make a difference on the person chosen. I just want you to know that I care about what you are striving to do.

I realize that this is rather long PIF post and I thank you for reading it.

I hope this is a decent PIF.

aggie

P.S. This will close in 3 weeks ( Central time zone US, approxmately 1/00 am ). Then I will need to do my part. I'll let you know exactly when the winners will be announced after I see how many entries.

Peace and Understanding

Time for another Camlin Elegante PIF! This one is maroon and is practically new, although the nib is a little troublesome and might need some adjustment.

It is open to anyone, anywhere, but the preference will be given to anyone who is new to fountain pens or is a student and can't afford much.

http://asapens.in/eshop/image/cache/data/Camlin/Elegant-Brown-2-500x500.JPG

The winner of this Maroon Camlin Elegante is ShockDub! They fit the criteria perfectly, being a student who can't afford to spend money on non essentials.