Pay It Forward 2014

zoniguana

Any excuse to write something

http://i58.tinypic.com/wc1sw4.jpg

I forgot to say, I'm going to keep this one open for quite a while so that people have a chance to see it. Maybe until end of Feb, I'll let you know at least a day before I decide.

Bump, absolutely no replies yet. Widening it to all Scandinavians, and I'll prob throw in a few more random samples. Open till end of Feb.

Lamy Al-star Blue (M) - Caran d'Ache Carbon Black

Parker 95 (M) - Iroshizuku Chiku Rin

Cult Pens by Kaweco (mini) - J. Herbin Eclat de saphir

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to put up a PIF for pen repairers!

I have a Geha pen to offer (I don't know the model; someone gave it to me hoping I could fix it and use it!). The body is not in great shape. There is a ring on the cap from the clip spinning around and the piston appears to be broken. However, the nib and section are in good condition. But I don't want the nib to go to waste because it's a nice semi-flex Geha nib!

Additionally, I'd like to send it in your choice of (very homemade) pen sleeve (see picture below).

To enter: Send me a PIF telling me why you want this pen and which sleeve you would want if you win. Due to postage fees, USA only please. I will run this PIF until Sunday, February 23rd.

attachicon.gifGeha.jpgattachicon.gifGehaNib.jpg

Giving this a bump.

Anyone have a Geha they could use it on or just want a semi-flex nib for something else?

Also, I will ship internationally if the PIF winner is willing to pay shipping.

Giving this a bump.

Anyone have a Geha they could use it on or just want a semi-flex nib for something else?

Also, I will ship internationally if the PIF winner is willing to pay shipping.

Guys... you don't know what you are missing...

Gehas are amazing pens... below is my Geha... which BTW.. looks exactly as mmkoenecke's Geha

fpn_1392997867__geha.jpg

They are IMHO the most underrated pen... They were designed to be student pens, so they are light, but very sturdy and I haven't found a Geha (tried at least a dozen of them... I own three) that does not have a dream nib. Most are semi flex (like the one in picture)... so give this Geha a chance. You won't regret it for a second. :D

(Pen: Geha Schullfuller, Ink: Van Gogh Starry Night)

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Is no one interested in these pens? I have not received a single PM so far and as a result, I cry myself to sleep every night :)

I really want them to go to someone who will use them as they are among a few other extra pens that I don't use and are cluttering up the place, so if anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

EDIT: I can ship these pens separately or together so if you only want one let me know.

The Elegante has been claimed by Comptine!

The Baoer 801 is still up for grabs.

Final reminder

Last couple of days of my 2-part PIF for 50 sheets of Tomoe River paper and/or 1 pad of Basildon Bond blue watermarked writing paper & matching envelopes.

For details & entry criteria please see post #310 on page 11 of this PIF thread, dated 9 February.

My PIF closes this Sunday 23rd February. Come on, put your name forward - you know you want to............... ;)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Like others have done here, I am going to initiate a Play It Forward. I am doing this because of the way this place feels. Most people here seem genuinely nice and they either want to get some help or give some help. The discussions are civil, often friendly, and without rancor. These statements are unfortunately not true for many other fora on the internet.

I have six Platinum Preppys (F). I really like them but I prefer a (M) nib. I was using them as eyedroppers so a couple of the barrels are slightly tinted. One barrel has a crack in it so don't use that one as an eye dropper. (It's fine for a cartridge or converter.) Along with the pens are six different colored cartridges.

Sorry double post

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)

The Elegante has been claimed by Comptine!

The Baoer 801 is still up for grabs.

And the Baoer 801 is going to barnabas14!

Preppies are such a great value and fun to play around with. I scraped all the writing off one that had a small crack and super glued the threads. Pulled the nib assembly and filled it with a syringe and haven't had any issues.

Oh, I forgot, all the pens and inks go to one winner.

Larry

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)

Congratulations, randomthinks! Enjoy the shopping at Goulet's. Let us know what treasures you found.

aggie

Thanks to a generous PIF from Apprenti (Joe), the postman brought a box to the porch this afternoon.

Goulet offers a "super sampler" of Platinum's Mix-Free inks, along with some accessories (vials, syringes) to play with ink mixing. With the remainder of the gift cert, and some of my own funds, I added my first bottle of Iroshizuku to the order.

I love the fact that whoever handles your order at Goulet jots a note, and lists what ink they are using. The Caran D'Arche orange in the note is quite nice.

Hoping to mix the perfect blue-black, or purple-black.

post-110398-0-50993700-1393098959_thumb.jpg

Results of paper PIF

Thank you eveyone who entered my latest PIF. It was very popular, with over 45 entrants in total. I have randomly selected from the entrants using www.random.org

1) the 50 sheets of A4 Tomoe River paper go to awc

2) the winner of the small Duke size pad of blue Basildon Bond writing paper & matching envelopes is swanjun

Would the winners please PM me with their names and addresses to claim their prizes.

I'll be putting another PIF up soon.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Howdy folks,

This time I'm going to thank the generous PIFer first, thank you migo984 for sharing. And congratulations to awc and swanjun, I'm sure you will both enjoy.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

I had only three people enter for the Geha pen. But I still used random.org and the lucky number was number 2: pokermind!

I have sent you a PM requesting you address so I can get it out to you shortly!

It's getting late but I have not forgotten. Here are the winners of my first pif.

mistykasumi

Funkmon

Mesh

bumpyroads

klerris

PM me an address and I will get them out this week. Congratulations to all winners.

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

I had only three people enter for the Geha pen. But I still used random.org and the lucky number was number 2: pokermind!

I have sent you a PM requesting you address so I can get it out to you shortly!

Thank you so much, mm. A new adventure in pen repair awaits me.

PM with my address sent.

Congratulations to all the winners :D

@randomthinks : I would say that is one well used gift coupon, Enjoy mixing those inks. :)

And i am still not able to decide what to PIF, lets see what we can put up. :D

Edited by akstorm

Many thanks Paul. Can't wait to receive the lovely inks.

It's getting late but I have not forgotten. Here are the winners of my first pif.
mistykasumi
Funkmon
Mesh
bumpyroads
klerris

PM me an address and I will get them out this week. Congratulations to all winners.

Paul