1. William Morris Print

fpn_1396824501__2014-04-06_234238_1024x7

Slight bunching up along end seam.

2. Shooting Stars

fpn_1396824629__2014-04-06_234142_1024x7

Pen Pocket not completely straight.

3. Circuit Board

fpn_1396824691__2014-04-06_234026_1024x7

Some discolouration of the fabric in the bottom Left corner of the pen pocket.

So, these are all free to a good home!!

PM me if you'd like one of these wraps.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it's not that good of a picture, but it's my first attempt. :wub: Also, I just wanted to say that that little guy there (the Esterbrook) is only my second vintage fountain pen. I bought it from Rick Krantz along with its brother which is a Parker 45. I wanted to thank you guys for also recommending the Parker 45. I have fallen in love with both these pens.

Edited by cleosmama

Now, another Pen Wrap PIF :)

I have a couple of wraps with some minor faults

1. William Morris Print

2. Shooting Stars

3. Circuit Board

I'll let this run a couple of days to give people a chance.

I already PM'ed you alc3261 but I was wondering where you got that beautiful circuit board fabric? I feel the need to make a skirt out of it!

I know it's not that good of a picture, but it's my first attempt. :wub: Also, I just wanted to say that that little guy there (the Esterbrook) is only my second vintage fountain pen. I bought it from Rick Krantz along with its brother which is a Parker 45. I wanted to thank you guys for also recommending the Parker 45. I have fallen in love with both these pens.

You're very welcome for the PIF, it looks like the Waterman's Mysterious Blue has found a happy new home! ;)

I love the copper-colored Estie, and am looking to pick one up for myself as well. Please share the link to where you picked up the pen from Rick.

I already PM'ed you alc3261 but I was wondering where you got that beautiful circuit board fabric? I feel the need to make a skirt out of it!

I buy fabric as fat quarters in the UK so I don't think you could get enough for a skirt!!

I buy fabric as fat quarters in the UK so I don't think you could get enough for a skirt!!

:P Last time we ordered several bundles of the Farquharson clan (ancient pattern) fabric to make kilts and dress with for the wedding, the VAT charges alone (they called the house later in the week to inform us of such here in the US), was something north of $300 USD.

The hat-tail-nose procedure results:

First:

One purplish Stypen goes to Eenybear (I already got your details!).

One orange Bruynzeel will be heading for Ray Cornett, it writes wet and broad after a thorough soaking and some cleaning.

Second:

Two full bottles of Parker Penman Sapphire ink will go to: Jdp2496 and to SnorriRafn (1 bottle for each of course).

Third:

Three 3-4 ml samples of Parker Penman Sapphire, Akkerman Oranje Boven and Akkerman Shocking Blue are available for kvz, mhguda, Mesu, Thedakotajennings, Darqest, migo984, kidde and jcp1st. Of course, pens and bottles will be accompanied by these samples too.

:excl: Just PM your adress details asap; I’ll try to send everything on this week’s Wednesday or Thursday.

That's all. folks! :happyberet:

Edited by Shaughn

:bunny01: New PIF for Spring :bunny01:

Hello everyone

I thought that today it would be nice to offer a bright, cheerful PIF to celebrate the end of what has been a long winter for many and to welcome the long-awaited arrival of spring. So I'm offering a Lamy Safari Fountain Pen in the new 2014 Limited Edition colour, Neon Coral. This comes with a medium nib and I'll also include a Z24 converter.

You'll all be familiar with the ubiquitous Safari so I'm sure I don't need to say any more about this pen.

attachicon.gifLamy-Safari-fp-Neon-Coral.jpg

If the winner resides in the UK I will include a bottle of Diamine Coral ink to match the pen. If the winner is outside the UK I will include a pack of Monteverde ink cartridges in Fluorescent Orange (these fit the Safari)

This PIF is open to all. I trust you to use your own judgement but if you have won a recent PIF and/or you can easily afford to buy this pen for yourself, please consider whether it is appropriate or not to enter this PIF.

I will ship this pen worldwide at my own cost.

Entry is by PM to me. I will close this PIF at 7pm British Summer Time on Monday 14th April. I will select the winner at random using www.random.org

Good luck everyone :)

ADDENDUM

Lamy will be selling ink cartridges in Neon Coral to match the LE Safari I am offering. These should be available from around mid April. So if you'd prefer these to the inks I've offered above, please let me know and I'll include these when I ship the pen to the winner.

(It might delay shipment of the pen as I will need to get hold of the Neon Coral cartridegs first)

Migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

You're very welcome for the PIF, it looks like the Waterman's Mysterious Blue has found a happy new home! ;)

I love the copper-colored Estie, and am looking to pick one up for myself as well. Please share the link to where you picked up the pen from Rick.

Rick sometimes posts sales on the two other fountain pen discussion boards, plus he has a Web site at http://www.vintagepenmarketplace.com/

You might email him to see what he has at ckrantz3@msn.com

Since I was so lucky to win a bottle of Parker Penman Sapphire and have a few cartridges of the Ink myself I have decoded to make them available here so more people can enjoy this wonderful ink.

I will send them anywhere in the world and throw in a Hero 612. Send me a PM and I will choose two winners by April 20th

1. William Morris Print

2. Shooting Stars

3. Circuit Board

Giving this a Bump - I will draw it tomorrow evening, Wednesday. Please apply for a specific wrap, Thanks.

Edited by alc3261

New PIF, I'm downsizing and most of these are pens I purchased during my new-to-fountain-pen-binge, so passing on the buck since they all work, and I know some people new to FP (or new to Chinese FP) can be a bit skittish bout getting one.

Some Stipulations:

Shipping: To be paid by the receiver

I prefer to ship via Priority mail, but you can request 1st class package instead (around $3 domestically that way depending on weight, otherwise it's like $6 domestically for a priority box with better padding). If international, or in Alaska/Hawaii will need to figure out what the rate would be (just bear in mind most of these pens aren't much more than 10 USD to buy brand new).

Which: You can only request one of the pen. So feel free to PM me questions about them if you're unsure.

Who: Preferably anyone still feeling out fountain pens (you might own some, might own none, maybe you never tried a chinese one, etc).

When: I'll tally up the random winners of each pen on May 30th 11:59PM EST.

Any unrequested pens at that time will be announced for first-come-first-serve.

What: The pens shown from left to right are,

Jinhao X4501 in "Distressed Black" with a 2-tone Jinhao Medium Nib

Jinhao X7501 in "Red Magma" with a monotone Jinhao Medium Nib

Jinhao X7501 in "Black" (glossy?) with a monotone Jinhao Medium Nib

Yiren 32202 w/ fine hooded nib

Wing Sung 32033 with a Medium Nib

Hero 6164 with a fine hooded nib

Esterbrook J (Double Jewel)5 with a Esterbrook 9556 (Firm Fine) Nib

1 Comes with a converter, will take international standard cartridges in either the standard or large size. Takes a #6 nib, so you can actually buy something like a Goulet (2-tone or chrome) EF,F,M,B,1.1,1.5 or Monteverde (black or chrome) F,M,B,1.1 replacement nib to put in them if you want something a tiny bit smoother or different (though some of the Jinhao mediums can be pretty smooth with adjustment, these 3 are decent)

2 Comes with a converter, but will not take international standard cartridges even though the nipple fits, there's a spring in the barrel that prevents the bottom of the of standard cartridges from fitting in completely, probably to sell proprietary cartridges or to add weight.

3 Comes with a converter, and will take international standard cartridges in either standard or large size.

4 Has a permanent 'squeeze' filler. Nib's a little scratchy compared to the rest.

5 Lever Filler, This was one of four pens I attempted to restore, j-bar cleaned up, sac still good, missing bottom jewel (but got a little bit of sac piece disguising it as a jewel). Barrel is a little warped as you can see but still functional. Esterbrook nib/feed unscrew from the section so can easily clean, or buy a brand new esterbrook nib online and screw it into place. (takes a 16 Straight sac if you ever want to re-sac it). The clip is a bit loose on this one.

;) Yes they all work.

Picture

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/april_pif1.jpg

Some of them are shown in this writing sample and the Yiren is shown in this one.

Good Luck :D

Edited by KBeezie

@KBeezie

What a nice PIF - you're very generous. It's an excellent opportunity for new FP users.

Verba volant, scripta manent

@KBeezie

What a nice PIF - you're very generous. It's an excellent opportunity for new FP users.

:P Thought bout selling em, but the total cost of everything above to me was a little over $30, so time and effort to recoup that didn't seem that beneficial, saw it as more of a 'rental for experience', and figured may as well pass that on, since some people would like to try em, but want to make sure they "work".

1. William Morris Print - Winner Kella

2. Shooting Stars - Winner Running_Ute

3. Circuit Board - Winner KBeezie

So, can all the Winners PM me with their addresses. Thanks.

My turn. I have a few pens to pass on. They run the gamut of "cheap" pens. These will all be new, never inked. I found that most often I could order multiples with free shipping for roughly the same amount as a single pen.

Since this is my PIF here are my rules.

Open to all, everywhere, period. If you want to enter for a third party I will give it to you and you may pass it on if chosen.

I need a few lines about what types of pens you like or would like to try. My PIF contains eyedroppers, C/C, squeeze/aerometric "like" and a piston or two. A couple are VERY small. Many I've written a line or two about. Most are Asian (China/India/Pakistan). I also have a know bad pen that I will include with a similar pen for parts. It is metal and cracked, I believe irreparable.

These where all purchased recently.

I will use a random number generator and give preference to who is chosen first, trying to match fill type to request.

Also, the pen of each type I used seemed to be decent pens. The ones I bought that have issues I'm still trying to figure out, like the Hero 360. Somehow that nib could be usable, unless it won't but I'm not giving up yet.

Lastly, one person will get my Favorite (for now) cheap model (Reform 1745 NOS). It is a highly thought of pen and its recipient will not be random. Something someone sends me will let me know. My heart is three sizes to small, so a tender story won't help. Honesty carries a lot of weight with me, so try that. Good luck. Winners announced in two weeks.

Paul

Edited by kidde

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

My turn. I have a few pens to pass on. They run the gamut of "cheap" pens. These will all be new, never inked. I found that most often I could order multiples with free shipping for roughly the same amount as a single pen.

Since this is my PIF here are my rules.

Open to all, everywhere, period. If you want to enter for a third party I will give it to you and you may pass it on if chosen.

I need a few lines about what types of pens you like or would like to try. My PIF contains eyedroppers, C/C, squeeze/aerometric "like" and a piston or two. A couple are VERY small. Many I've written a line or two about. Most are Asian (China/India/Pakistan). I also have a know bad pen that I will include with a similar pen for parts. It is metal and cracked, I believe irreparable.

These where all purchased recently.

I will use a random number generator and give preference to who is chosen first, trying to match fill type to request.

Also, the pen of each type I used seemed to be decent pens. The ones I bought that have issues I'm still trying to figure out, like the Hero 360. Somehow that nib could be usable, unless it won't but I'm not giving up yet.

Lastly, one person will get my Favorite (for now) cheap model. It is a highly thought of pen and its recipient will not be random. Something someone sends me will let me know. My heart is three sizes to small, so a tender story won't help. Honesty carries a lot of weight with me, so try that. Good luck. Winners announced in two weeks.

Paul

ooo a surprise :D :P