Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple Ink

cultpens

Every Deep Dark ink we've launched has had the same response here on FPN - "very nice, but where is Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple?" We do listen to you, so we've made Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple. Well, Diamine made it - they're the experts in this stuff. We just prompted them and guided them on what we were looking for. We love the result. It's deep, it's dark, and it's purple.
http://www.cultpens.com/img/fpn/CP-DD-Purple.jpg
So - you asked for it. Now you can buy it.
http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/cp-Deep-Dark-inks.jpg
80ml and 30ml bottles are available now. Cartridges aren't available yet, but they will be along soon. We're looking forward to hearing what you think.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saskia_madding

• swanjun

• migo984

• Cyber6

Oh YES!!! Want Want Want!

Oh NO! Broke Broke Broke!

It will be top of the list on my January order. It might even compete with my first love - Deep Dark Red.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Yes, me too, I'll have to put it on my present list for my birthday in February, along with one of those new TWSBI's, hope the good lady is feeling benificent... :)

An idea! I love Deep Dark Red in my burgundy Parson's Essential. So just need to persuade Peter Ford at Mr Pen to do a rich purple PE with silver trim and I'll be in pen & ink combo nirvana. :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Looking forward to this one! Will get it after the holidays.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Beautiful! I'm only sorry I had my son buy me the others for Christmas and they arrived last week. It will be a bit expensive to pay shipping to the US just for a bottle of purple. I may have to try making my own from the red and blue. Shades of high school chemistry class! :)

OK guys... the first one who gets this needs to post some swatches.. :D

I especially need to see it beside Damson... It looks very similar. :huh:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

You're going to follow this up with a Deep Dark Black, a black that will make the inside of a black hole look positively shiny in comparison, aren't you?

And you will have to decide - will it be a shiny black, like HOD, or a matt black, like a Carbon black.

For some reason (perhaps a perception psychologist can explain), shiny blacks look blacker than matt blacks.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Cyber6 zeroed in on the key question for me (too) -- how does this ink compare with Diamine Damson -- Sisters, or twins...?

Damson is quite dusky, which I doubt DDP will be. I'm hoping for something closer to Grape and De Atramentis Aubergine!

Just wondering... cause on the site, I am comparing the following

fpn_1387679290__firefoxscreensnapz003.jp

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Looks like deep dark purple is going to be similar to Akkerman Voorhout Violet. They all look like interesting colours.

Looks like deep dark purple is going to be similar to Akkerman Voorhout Violet. They all look like interesting colours.

But to me, Akkerman Voorhout Violet and Diamine Damson are close to duplicates.

We're going to need someone to put up a review of DDP!

Edited by whichwatch

Oh no! I love your other 4 and now I'll have to get this too. I have more inks than I can use in a lifetime but these are such great colours. Eventually, maybe, I will cut back to these 5 (and Majestic Blue).

Damson is quite dusky, which I doubt DDP will be. I'm hoping for something closer to Grape and De Atramentis Aubergine!

Wow. In real life, in my experience, Damson looks closer to PdL by Herbin or R&"K Scabiosa, not at all like that swab!

I, too, was thinking that Grape looks closer and that Damson is more greyish.

Here are some Daniel Coffey pics for comparison:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/204292-diamine-damson/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/223033-diamine-grape/