2014 Planners/diaries - What's Yours?

migo984

Got myself a Peter Pauper Press journal.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• da vinci

• Inkwellpens

• ragermac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm waiting on delivery of my Leuchtturm 1917 Daily Planner. The medium one. I've heard good things about Tomoe River though. I'm still looking at the Leuchtturm 1917 5-year notebook, one for each kid, to write a little something about them each day. This way I can have something for their girlfriends to read when they come to the house. :P

This is a great idea, I keep a Leuchtturm 1917 Daily Planner for each of my children, in th hope to give them so thing to keep later.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

Every year I love getting my new planner. It's symbolic of a fresh start and fresh ideas.

I'm currently waiting for my Hobonichi Planner to be delivered. 450 pages of Tomoe River paper. Glorious...........

What planner/diary are you using this year?

Hi hope you had a good Xmas, Carys is loving her parcel and now has friends into FPs too.

Has yours arrived yet? It looks fantastic I am drooling! Even though I already have an academic planner on the go. Where did you get it from?

Hi hope you had a good Xmas, Carys is loving her parcel and now has friends into FPs too.

Has yours arrived yet? It looks fantastic I am drooling! Even though I already have an academic planner on the go. Where did you get it from?

Hi there - happy new year :-) Yes good Xmas thanks. Glad Carys is enjoying her stuff & is spreading the word :)

Yes I've had my Hobo for a few weeks (it runs from Dec 2013 - March 2015) but I wanted to use last year's up first. So started using new one for real today. This is nearly the prefect planner for me; I enjoyed it so much in 2013 that I had to get one for this year.

I ordered it from Japan. Only takes about 7-10 days to get here. They now have an Englisg lamguage site for the English version, but I order accessories from the Japanese store too. It's surprisingly easy.

This is the English website: http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/planner/

As it's Tomoe River paper it's a joy to write on.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Hi there - happy new year :-) Yes good Xmas thanks. Glad Carys is enjoying her stuff & is spreading the word :)

Yes I've had my Hobo for a few weeks (it runs from Dec 2013 - March 2015) but I wanted to use last year's up first. So started using new one for real today. This is nearly the prefect planner for me; I enjoyed it so much in 2013 that I had to get one for this year.

I ordered it from Japan. Only takes about 7-10 days to get here. They now have an Englisg lamguage site for the English version, but I order accessories from the Japanese store too. It's surprisingly easy.

This is the English website: http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/planner/

As it's Tomoe River paper it's a joy to write on.

Have you got a cover for it too? The cover I like isn't available until the en of Jan, the others are dearer but lovely, I am concerned if I order at the same time that I will a. Have to wait for them to ship both together and b. get caught by customs because of the increased value. Is it maybe worth ordering the. Separately?

Have you got a cover for it too? The cover I like isn't available until the en of Jan, the others are dearer but lovely, I am concerned if I order at the same time that I will a. Have to wait for them to ship both together and b. get caught by customs because of the increased value. Is it maybe worth ordering the. Separately?

I already had a cover for it - the plain black I got last year.

If you order the cover separately there will be a small 900 yen handling charge for each order, plus the shipping. That shouldn't be too much on just a cover. I'd order separately if I were you.

Alternatively as it's a standard A6 size, lots of generic notebook covers will fit it, as long as they can take the thickness of the planner

Verba volant, scripta manent

I've ordered mine, with a yellow and pink embroidered cover that was in stock. Even though it was dearer it is more robust and cheaper in fact than getting a cover from etsy or similar and this is so pretty and made to measure.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/planner/detail_cover/c_mp_skyfulyellow.html

I've ordered mine, with a yellow and pink embroidered cover that was in stock. Even though it was dearer it is more robust and cheaper in fact than getting a cover from etsy or similar and this is so pretty and made to measure.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/planner/detail_cover/c_mp_skyfulyellow.html

That's a lovely cover. I've ordered the apple green cover and although it says there are 15 in stock it also says shipping late January so we'll see.

I've got my eye on the premium tanned cowhide cover for next year as a friend of mine is going to Japan on holiday late October & she's happy for me to have my parcel shipped to her hotel & she'll bring it back for me. What I save on shipping goes towards the more expensive cover.

I love the good old hand written letter.

That's a lovely cover. I've ordered the apple green cover and although it says there are 15 in stock it also says shipping late January so we'll see.

I've got my eye on the premium tanned cowhide cover for next year as a friend of mine is going to Japan on holiday late October & she's happy for me to have my parcel shipped to her hotel & she'll bring it back for me. What I save on shipping goes towards the more expensive cover.

That sounds like a great idea!

Well, I've been watching this thread for some days now, and I've read some related ones over the past months. I had seen so many references to Leuchtturm that I decided to explore. I found the style I'm used to and like (except no lines within the day boxes), and I ordered it through Amazon (shipped by one of its "partners"). Just received it last night, and I finally had a few minutes today to write in my name and address on the appropriate page (Levenger Stealth, M, Diamine Jet Black). That's okay, but the page is heavier than the daily/weekly pages that follow, so I still don't know how that paper will do.

I've been using the Levenger Circa for two years, and I have to say that, even though I like the concept of the Circa system, I've been disappointed with the bleed-through I get on the paper. Along with their high price, this was the reason I went for the Leuchtturm. I thought of other alternatives, but some of the rave reviews made me want to try this one. At 64, still working, I figure I have a few more years left to try some of the other possibilities.

I love the Levenger Circa/Staples Arc system and have adapted the chronotebook for that. Ready to print and punch for 2014,

I just printed my Chronodex by Scription planner on 32# HP premium paper, so I'm ready for the first 1/2 of 2014

It is interesting to see how many copies of the muji chronotebook are out there but the concept, I think, really belongs to Muji back in 2007. Google Chronotebook and there are myriads of templates, ideas, and uses for it. I love it for the pure adaptability.

The hobonichi planner looks nice but the shipping and handling doubles the cost for me. Even Tomoe River paper can't ease the pain of the expense for such a planner. It would have to be something I'd keep a little longer than a year to justify the expense for the size, which is too limiting for my daily uses. Circa/Arc system is much, much more flexible. If I just had to have Tomoe River, I'd take part of a ream and have it print and cut to my Junior Arc notebook.

My Hobonichi arrived a few days ago, and I adore it! I am totally obsessed with the Tomoe River paper. This paper displays the sheen of several inks (Rouge Hematite, Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku) unlike any other paper I've used. The dry times are long, but it's totally worth it. Of course, the design of the planner is great as well. When I first received it I found it to be smaller than expected, but now I find it to be the perfect size. Anything bigger and there would be too much blank space for me to fill up.

I am using a Semikolon Le Professional notebook for a journal for the first quarter of the year. Unfortunately, I am using a planner on my iPad. It's a great planner, but I really miss paper planners. However, it is much easier to carry around an iPad in my purse or school bag. I'm a full time teacher, mom, wife, and grad student, space is limited.

For many years, I used the Franklin Covey planners. I attended a time management class for work back in the 1980's and it was the Franklin Covey system. People rolled their eyes when I actually used it, and I kept using it, until such time as a little tornado took out all my storage and notebooks and personal records. I started using Circa notebooks, but instead of a planner, I used the daily calendar pages. Expensive, though, but it was all I needed for work.

Now, I find myself in need of a little more at home due to my current circumstances, so I did order a zipper binder from Levenger (Bomber Jacket, 30% off) and I went to Staples and purchased their Arc system planner pages for the binder. The Arc paper is decent enough with fountain pens, and half the price of Circa. I do like the Circa/Arc systems, though, so I can move and add pages. No, no pocket planners, but the junior/classic size is residing at my desk, and the letter size will go with me when I need to head off to an appointment. I have two planners going, but because I can easily move things from small primary to big secondary, it's working out.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

I got a KalendArt TopTimer daily agenda (A/5) for Christmas, so I'll use that this year. It is a Hungarian brand.
I don't normally use daily planners, because I don't need that much space. I prefer the weekly layout.
But this one is really nice! The paper is very good and takes fountain pen inks very nicely! No feathering at all, and no bleedthrough either.
I bought myself a weekly planner from this brand too, but the paper is worse in that one (bleeds through easily).

I'm thinking about what to use the free space for....I don't want to waste it....

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140104/P1170566_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Edited by attika89

I went and bought Paperblanks products (no affiliation), for availability and stile. I'm currently using 2 midi sized (5" x 7") Old Leather Black Moroccan, one as a day-a-day planner (one page per day, 368 pages); and the other as a Journal (144 pages). I must say, paper varies little from each other : the Journal is just such a delicious paper! Silk-like, no feathering, bleed-through or show-through whatsoever. Meanwhile, the day-a-day planner has some little show-through. Those changes are mainly because of the amount of pages in each one, as the guys and girls of Paperblanks answered me on a comment I left on one blog entry:

• "We use several different paper weights in our journals that vary depending on the size of book or type of cover. In general, larger books use a heavier paper and smaller books use a lighter paper. However, this is not a firm rule as it also depends on the page count and some other considerations. To give just two examples, for the Embellished Ultras, we use 120gsm paper and for our Mini journals are usually 85gsm.We hope that answers your question! http://blog.paperblanks.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif King regard,

Now, I'm writing and enjoying every single millimetre! I'm using a Parker IM Premium (Medium) with Diamine Oxblood (Higly saturated) and it's just a magical experience...

Edited by GD_Rodriguez

I tired of trying to sync "The Cloud." I had three calendars, one on my iPhone, one on my iPad and one on my MacBook and they never synced properly. Consequently, I was checking all three daily and it was such a pain. Plus. I prefer an offline planner so I can use my fountain pens! I'm starting off 2014 with my Filofax. I bought the inserts at Kinokuniya in the city.

It is already the new year, but after reading about the Hobonichi planners, I decided I have to try it and just ordered it. I'm eager to test my inks on the famous Tomoe River paper, and I am thinking it can be a good way to keep track of my health as well as personal to-dos. I think the bullet journal format would be great here. I also like their format, how they have the month, four days across two pages, and then each page. There are a lot of ways to track things! On the days page, they have a mini calendar of the month, too! If i were to make my planner (and I've made them in the past and am very picky about layout), it would have most of these things that this one has. I wish it were dot grid for all the days, not just in the back. Looking forward to receiving my purchase!

Thanks for the recommendation and Happy New Year!

I've started another Exacompta 9931 journal for 2014.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!