• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• da vinci

• Inkwellpens

• ragermac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Circa smartPlanner from Levenger coming for the holiday. I am hopelessly addicted to the circa system... My only hope is that the paper is at least the quality of the 100gsm grid sheets (a little my absorbent than I prefer, but they do dry quickly...) .

http://www.nerdtests.com/images/ft/nq/9df5e10593.gif

-- Avatar Courtesy of Brian Goulet of Goulet Pens (thank you for allowing people to use the logo Brian!) --

I'll get through three or so of the six-month free diary inserts for my Midori Traveler's Notebook this year. (I swap over a couple of months before they run out - my planning horizon is longer than two months, and the free diary arrangement works really well for that.) I've got the first on my desk all ready to start work on - it's been there for a week, but I LOVE setting a new one up, so I've been saving the pleasure. I've some horrible meetings to get through on Monday, so I may allow myself to do it as a reward after them!

I snagged a 2014 Kate Spade planner for more than half off today, so that's going to be my planner for the next year. I plan to take off the spiral binding though and cut it down a bit to fit in my Arc notebook cover since I absolutely abhor metal spiral bindings. Also, the cover material is surprisingly cheap for what was originally a $40 planner... Just thick card stock, so it totally wouldn't stand up to being toted around with me. I have no idea how FP friendly the paper is, but I plan to use a ballpoint anyway since the spaces are so small...

For a journal I'm going to be starting a 5 year journal with prompts for each day. Super stoked about that. :-)

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

I created my own calendar/planner for my Midori Traveler's Notebook. I created my calendar pages/booklet and strapped it into my notebook. I got the idea from somewhere here on FPN. It works well-enough for me and I can vary the style at my own choosing, I am tempted to try the Bullet journal technique which would require no set pages, but graph/dot paper.

Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

the 2014 Franklin. Next year it might well be the DIY planner for me.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Year after year, I return to my Franklin. The page format and looseleaf binder have all the features and conveniences I have ever needed or wanted. Tried many others in various configurations and formats but I always come back to the Franklin.

Picking a planner is far more personal and far more critical than most might think. It's not just a calendar. It's a time management, note-taking and journaling system as well as a freeform idea repository, sketchbook and fortune telling device

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

It's a time management, note-taking and journaling system as well as a freeform idea repository, sketchbook and fortune telling device

I obviously need to try the Franklin cos none of mine have ever managed to tell me which Lottery numbers to pick :)

Verba volant, scripta manent

I always stick with Moleskin. Never had an issue with them and just use to the format, love them.

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

- Winston Churchill

Just put in an Order for a Hobonichi planner. It looks wonderful, and a good opportunity for me to try Tomoe notepaper :)

I think you'll enjoy using it. I think they're really good value. And the planner set up is very adaptable so you can use as a daily journal.

I think you'll enjoy using it. I think they're really good value. And the planner set up is very adaptable so you can use as a daily journal.

Thanks, it really looks special. I have this idea for writing the next days key appointments and to do's in it every evening, maybe bullet journal style...how will you write your entries?

Also any idea how long it might take to reach the uk?

Thanks, it really looks special. I have this idea for writing the next days key appointments and to do's in it every evening, maybe bullet journal style...how will you write your entries?

Also any idea how long it might take to reach the uk?

This will be my second one. I've loved it this year. It's very "Japanese", if you get me. Have used all types of FP & ink combinations and the paper behaves very well. So much better than Moleskine, Leuchtturm etc.

I use mine very flexibly. I use the Yearly, Monthly and "Coming Up" pages for bullet journalling but the daily pages for all sorts of things - my own version of daily bullets, all my work appointments, personal events, a journal (about 1/2 the page), sketches, pen & ink journal, lists, book extracts and quotes, reminders - whatever I feel like really. I think the design makes it much less restrictive than many planners and encourages me to be creative. I tend to divide each page in half vertically (with a pencil) to separate work from personal, but depends on what's happening. I like that only 12.00 midday is marked.

It is only A6 so not overly large but I like that cos I actually fill each day and don't feel like there is wasted space. And it's easy to carry round.

Mine hasn't arrived yet this year - I left it a bit late to order - but have had email re depatch. Might get caught up in xmas post. Last year it took about 2 weeks IIRC.

Did you order a cover with your planner?

Also just ordered an Hobonichi planner after reading this, without a cover as I have a small Midori MD notebook cover and this looks like it would fit ok just a bit thicker.

I am excited about using mine after reading your vivid description. Only ordered mine today but desperately hope it's gets here by 2 Jan.

No cover. I like the planning books black and gold!

Where did you order the Hobonichi planner?

haven't tried it, but i found these that my help:

A showcase of the beautifully designed Hobonichi Planner

http://hobonichilove.tumblr.com/

Hobonichi Planner

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/planner/all_about/

How to order products from the Japanese store

https://www.facebook.com/notes/hobonichi-planner/how-to-order-products-from-the-japanese-store/177385879127941

eta:

here's the link to order the English page a day book only:

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/planner/detail_hontai/c_hpr_m.html

Edited by v7ef44