2014 Planners/diaries - What's Yours?

migo984

Every year I love getting my new planner. It's symbolic of a fresh start and fresh ideas.

I'm currently waiting for my Hobonichi Planner to be delivered. 450 pages of Tomoe River paper. Glorious...........

What planner/diary are you using this year?

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• da vinci

• Inkwellpens

• ragermac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm waiting on delivery of my Leuchtturm 1917 Daily Planner. The medium one. I've heard good things about Tomoe River though. I'm still looking at the Leuchtturm 1917 5-year notebook, one for each kid, to write a little something about them each day. This way I can have something for their girlfriends to read when they come to the house. :P

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
-George Carlin
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.pngfpn_1327044342__postcard_pic_exchange.jp

Ha! Your are SO wicked lol :-)

I like those Leuchtturm 5 Year notebooks. I like Toad Diaries too, as you can have them customised for content, start date, length etc. But the Leuchtturm is very simply designed and stylish because of it. Love the idea of a journal for each boy - and the coloured pen and inks (Turtle style) :-)

I have used Franklin-Covey for decades because, primarily, I love the system. The paper is good enough (for me.)

This year I'm changing systems as a trial and will be using the Executive size Planner Pad (from Planner Pads. Co.) because I think the system may be a better fit for me now that I'm retired and have more balls in the air at once. The paper quality - well, that remains to be seen. I can get in writing with fps lots of places.

Nothing ventured nothing gained…….

Planners and calendars. My life is full of free ones.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Planners and calendars. My life is full of free ones.

Lucky....

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
-George Carlin
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.pngfpn_1327044342__postcard_pic_exchange.jp

I am using a custom made Tomoe River paper journal and trying to bullet journal this year.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Paperblanks for the 2nd year running. I love the paper and the "old leather" look of the covers.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Every year I love getting my new planner. It's symbolic of a fresh start and fresh ideas.

I'm currently waiting for my Hobonichi Planner to be delivered. 450 pages of Tomoe River paper. Glorious...........

What planner/diary are you using this year?

First I've seen of the Hobonichi planner. If only it came with a two page week format. http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Moleskine Daily Diary Planner. The paper seems to keep decreasing in quality, but I love the page layout. I usually buy a black one, but this summer I was at the Strand in NYC and a wide array of colors was available. I grabbed yellow...I guess because it was in the summer and I felt sunny.

The same thing I have been using since 1986. The Franklin Covey planner system. I have the Monticello page design in two page per day.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I was torn between the Rhodia planner and the Quo Vadis Space 24. Going for the a large Rhodia since they're hardcover. Was lucky enough to win a giveaway a couple weeks ago so I'm very excited to check it out, hopefully it will arrive before the new year.

First I've seen of the Hobonichi planner. If only it came with a two page week format. http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

The format of the Hobonichi is perfect for me. I like a whole page for each weekday and also that only 12.00 is marked, because my appointments rarely follow neat hourly schedules. Planners with every hour marked don't work for me. I also use mine as a bullet journal and the 2 page free space at the start of every month is perfect for carrying forward outstanding tasks.

Because it's Tomoe River paper it isn't too bulky, even with page per day.

Paperblanks Black Moroccan Mini. I preferred (and prefer) the Moleskine's format with open days on the verso and a ruled page for notes on the recto, but I couldn't stand the paper. Too much bleed-through, show-through, and feathering. Next I compromised on the format and size and tried the Rhodia/Quo Vadis 4x6 Weekly Webplanner, but I couldn't stand the paper. Too much white and consistent show-through. So now I'm using the Paperblanks. I've read in various FPN threads that the small Paperblanks notebooks have inconsistencies in paper quality. I've had mine for six months and haven't seen any bleed-through or feathering, and I see almost no show-through, certainly much much less than what I saw every day with Rhodia/Quo Vadis. I'm also using two mini reporter-style notebooks, and haven't seen the problems others have reported.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

I'm waiting for my 2014 Filofax inserts. I use either a Dakota or a Domino, both Personal sized, for the binder. I'm going to be using a variety of inserts - yearly, weekly on two pages, and daily (but the dailies are going to be used instead of the to-do inserts). I can't remember if monthly was the other one. Yeah, they're not the most fountain pen friendly but as I usually use gel pens with the itty bitty nibs on them, I don't really care. :P

Bound planners don't really work well with me, I prefer the ring-based planners.

I'm writing an online serial thing. It's urban fantasy. And I have no idea how long it's going to run for.

I'm still debating on which planner to get. I've looked at a few ones, Moleskine, Rhodia. Hobonichi(very nice planner but not available in weekly format). Right now it's a toss up between the Lechtturm1917 and the Paperblanks Black Moroccan Maxi

I just finished viewing a paper ink review video by Brian Goulet on the Leuchtturm1917. Based on what I saw I'm going to give the Paperblanks planner a try. haven't really read anything negative about the paper quality on newer models. Plus the Black Moroccan cover looks nice.

<snip>

I'm going to give the Paperblanks planner a try. haven't really read anything negative about the paper quality on newer models. Plus the Black Moroccan cover looks nice.

Sounds very nice. Classy :-)

I just printed my Chronodex by Scription planner on 32# HP premium paper, so I'm ready for the first 1/2 of 2014

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire