• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Koyote

• migo984

• Lisya72

• ProfessorB

I would like to see a bit more of it, but I like what I seen about it so far. Something bigger than the current mini and with a postable cap would be nice to see. Unless it's a cartridge/converter, then meh.....

I would like to see a bit more of it, but I like what I seen about it so far. Something bigger than the current mini and with a postable cap would be nice to see. Unless it's a cartridge/converter, then meh.....

I think it's a piston filler.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Yes - I like the blue.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or how about a Colour 580 perhaps? (Love the orange & blue)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HeAWs1R09L0/UlbSqdudCqI/AAAAAAAAAbY/8guGjkdnA44/s1600/980015_567159436659508_1737225124_o.jpg

If there was only a purple one that would be perfect. I'm collecting pens that are the same colours as my kids favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. I definitely like the looks of these instead of the ones I have been looking at. I plan on keeping a journal for each of the kids. The pens will also be filled with the same coloured ink as their favourite Turtle (Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, Antietam, Habanero, and Purple Heart.) :D

Here is a picture for those of you not familiar:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-nickelodeon.jpg

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
-George Carlin
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.pngfpn_1327044342__postcard_pic_exchange.jp

I think they look quite.... classic, quite a change from the other somewhat more adventurous pens. Think I'll wait to see what the Eco and VAC-mini's turn out like. I think they are a bit more expensive than I thought they look, if you know what I mean!

If there was only a purple one that would be perfect. I'm collecting pens that are the same colours as my kids favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. I definitely like the looks of these instead of the ones I have been looking at. I plan on keeping a journal for each of the kids. The pens will also be filled with the same coloured ink as their favourite Turtle (Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, Antietam, Habanero, and Purple Heart.) :D

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-nickelodeon.jpg

I personally approve and will make all of my future pen purchases based on 80s cartoon characters. I'm thinking Turbo Teen will be my first. Now if I can just find a pen that turns into a car when it gets cold.

Edited by nomadhacker

http://stubblefield.me Inks Available for Sample Exchange: Noodler's Black, Blue Black, Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Sherwood Green, Tanzanite, Velvet Black, De Atramentis Aubergine, J. Herbin Lie de The, 1670 Rouge Hematite, Bleu Ocean, Lamy Turquoise, Rohrer & Klingner Salix, Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black, OS Red Rubber Ball, Parker Quink Blue (India version)

Those Turtles certainly look different to their original incarnation 20+ years ago. Does anyone remember the Ninja Turtle haircut all the young boys used to have? Centre parting, one length all round with a blunt wedge, then shaved underneath. Like a turtle shell. My nephew had one - looked ridiculous bless him. But then he was only 7 :-)

I personally approve and will make all of my future pen purchases based on 80s cartoon characters. I'm thinking Turbo Teen will be my first. Now if I can just find a pen that turns into a car when it gets cold.

I actually have an Optimus Prime pen than turns from truck (lorri, for you migo) to, unfortunately, a ball-point pen.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
-George Carlin
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.pngfpn_1327044342__postcard_pic_exchange.jp

Those Turtles certainly look different to their original incarnation 20+ years ago. Does anyone remember the Ninja Turtle haircut all the young boys used to have? Centre parting, one length all round with a blunt wedge, then shaved underneath. Like a turtle shell. My nephew had one - looked ridiculous bless him. But then he was only 7 :-)

Way different. I dint have the hair for that back then so I never got the turtle cut. :( I did go for another popular cut at the time that Arnold was sporting in his Terminator movies.

-George Carlin

I think the pen looks awesome! I'll definitely be buying one or two. I think it'll be a nice match for a stub. Wicked looking pen for $50!

The burgandy looks great to me. However, going to have to hold off until I get more details on the other pens they're bringing out.

Edited by Tangster

I don't like the look of the new Classic. The section that is drastically thinner than the body gives it that kit-pen look that doesn't appeal to me.

It looks like the Green and Red will be the first color 580s, and I have no green pens, so I'll get one of those. After that I might see what the Vac-Mini or the Eco are like.

A Vac-mini, now that is awesome

@arts_nibs

If they actually release that white Vac-Mini with the red o-rings, I think I'll have to get one of those, too!

Reading your comment, I didn't think I was going to like that, but after seeing the picture, it's actually quite nice.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100