Franklin Covey From Cross

Tanzanite

Yes, thanks, nothing happen, is that I just dont trust cartridges.

I have a number of pens that I use cartridges with, as it's more convenient when I'm out & about at work. I've not yet had any leaks or other problems. Touch wood!!!

Verba volant, scripta manent

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penrivers

• Tanzanite

• cuttlefishinker

• lovemy51

My Franklin Covey has finally arrived. I´m a bit surprised. It´s better than I expected. Good inkflow, no skipping, not scratchy but a little bit of tooth. But I got it today and have not used it so much so that can change. It´s a bit thin though. Not for big hands. The M nib i quite thin which is good. The cap is a little bit too heavy for keeping perfect balance when posted, but it works to have it posted. I´m using a cartridge from Private Reserve, Lake Placid Blue.

Franklin Covey is a real company, separate from Cross. It sells notebooks and organizers and planners and that kind of stationery product, offering to increase the efficiency of people in business. The "Covey" part refers to Steve Covey, author of a number of self-help books. A training company founded by Steve Covey was acquired by Franklin Quest, which sold planners. The Franklin in the name is Benjamin Franklin, who gave a lot of advice about living efficiently when he was young, although his later life in Paris seems to have been far from the austerity of Poor Richard.

Franklin Covey has a chain of bricks-and-mortar shops. The one in downtown San Francisco sold Pelikans as well as Franklin Covey pens. That shop closed several years ago (I could have gotten a Pelikan at an excellent price in the closing sale), but other shops remain and the company does software and training courses as well as stationery.

Edited by Jerome Tarshis

In the Swedish Filofax catalogue the following is written:

Franklin Covey. A new line of pens from Cross.

On the box I read that the pens are manufactured and marketed by Cross Company and that the Franklin Covey name and logo are registered trademarks of Franklin Covey Co used under license.

Edited by Tanzanite

Howdy,

Let me bop in if you don't mind. I started using Franklin Planners in the 1980's. Our company would buy them for us when we were on ' special assignment '. They were the 7-ringed binder everyone wanted. Great paper, great set-up, the pages simply organized better than any at the time.

True they combined with Covey. Steve wrote several books on self-'help. I like , what I still call my Franklin Planner. They may cost a tad more than you can get at the mega-supply store, but the quality is there.

The pens are made by Cross with the Franklin-Covey brand on it. I tried a BP under that combined name several years ago & I liked it, it has some weight to it but I like a pen that way.

Thank you for letting add my old memeories from the '80's ( but good info for you ). I would not expect a real high nib quality from them, but the pen mechanism will be better.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

Hi, I bought this F-C Lexington a couple of years ago, from Staples in the UK.

I'm not a fan of chrome pens, mostly because of the lack of grip, but this was a fairly low price, I think around £11, so I bought it.

Must admit the nib needed some smoothing, it is an 'F', I believe the only 'F' nib I own.

As mentioned above it takes International cartridges, not Cross brand, which is slightly surprising.

The cap won't stay on if posted, but the pen barrel is long enough not to make it a problem.

The fit and finish of all the metal parts are impressive, the only plastic parts are the feed and the cap liner.

It writes smoothly, and is totally reliable. The ink used in the photo is Cross blue.

• 3 months later...

I realize this thread is a bit old, but if have one of these pens and was wondering if anyone has found a converter that will work with it?

Hi slillis, I have a Franklin Covey F.P. in chrome, the cartridge and converters are the 'International' size.

No other types will fit, but 'International' size is very easy to find for sale and the cheapest to buy usually.

The converters usually have no name or branding on them.

Cartridges are cheap to buy, and I have just bought some PaperMate blue cartridges that fit my Franklin Covey 'Lexington' and the ink is an ordinary medium blue colour.

I realize this thread is a bit old, but if have one of these pens and was wondering if anyone has found a converter that will work with it?

No to late. Well, my Franklin Covey after 3 months is working superb filling all the requirements in a fountain pen, However as I said it before, I had to change the cartridge for a slide or turn feeder cannibalizing the feeder from a Jinhao it fits perfectly tight, belive me , buy it, you wont repent. Forgive the mess in my desk.

fpn_1398655553__dsc_0001_copy.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Pen looks good, feels good, write decent haven't had any problem with it yet. It writes with a nice smoothh wet medium line. the cap will not stay on the top of the pen and there is no way to overcome the issue.

Franklin MA Locksmith

The Pen looks good, feels good, write decent haven't had any problem with it yet. It writes with a nice smoothh wet medium line. the cap will not stay on the top of the pen and there is no way to overcome the issue.

Franklin MA Locksmith

The caps stays on my F C but it brings it out of balance.

Have seen quite a lot of this problem over the last few years.

This does apply to pens from various makers, and it's not really possible to tell if a pen's cap will 'post' before I buy it,

I found that some of my pen's caps are almost half the weight of the whole pen, so when posted, it will be very top heavy, yet without the cap, the pen is too short.

Some pen users will say that a cap should never be posted, and of course that can cause scratches on the barrel, and that's a good point.

The cap in mine fits with no click mechanism when post it so I do it with no absolute problem whatsoever, I just insert it in the barrel

and that's all, and..., no equilibrium or balance problems its just superb, I just don't belive it exist such a pen for that price.