Graf Von Faber-Castell Luxury Bottled Ink - Now In Stock

cultpens

Good news! The new Graf von Faber-Castell bottled ink range is now in stock. “Great, more ink in fancy bottles” you might say. This ink is different though. It certainly does come in a very fancy bottle, with a nice, heavy, stable base, but it’s what’s inside that counts.

GVFC-75ml-bottled-ink.jpg

Six colours: Carbon Black, Cobalt Blue, Garnet Red, Hazelnut Brown, Stone Grey and Moss Green. The most interesting part though is that Graf von Faber-Castell say four of the colours are document proof and the other two are light-fast. We’ve taken the liberty of testing the inks for you so you can see just what they have been able to achieve.

Carbon Black, normally a good solid black, remains perfectly legible even after a proper soaking.

Cobalt Blue, instead of retaining its normal royal blue hue becomes a vibrant purple colour when wetted.

Stone Grey, much like Carbon Black, stays on the page just as it was written, perhaps some reduction in saturation, but legible nonetheless.

Moss Green, whilst not as legible as the other colours is still recognisable and perfectly readable.

Moving on from the document proof colours to the light-fast colours, we had a pleasant surprise. Garnet Red remains legible too but does lose much of its vibrancy, dulling down to an almost plum red. Hazelnut Brown did surprisingly well too in the waterproof test. We haven't had the time yet (or the weather) to see how these inks perform when subjected to plenty of sunlight, but they do behave well when subjected to plenty of water!

All ink colours are available now from Cult Pens.

We're not sure just how Graf have managed to make these inks permanent, so don't know if they are pigment inks, or if there is some other witchcraft going on, we've asked though and hope to have a definitive answer for you soon.

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/gvfc-ink-perm.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• attika89

• WOBentley

• flyingfox

I absolutely love GvFC inks - incredibly well-behaved and rich colors.

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp." - Terry Pratchet

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1338/hxl1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I admit it, I'm more interested in the bottles! None of the colors really speak to me. Any idea if they'll do a nice turquoise any time soon -- in those great bottles, of course!?

Question Reality

I'll pipe in to say that I very much like the Stone Grey. In my Nakaya Negoro with a standard F nib, it feels just like writing with a pencil, a magical pencil; it is very pleasing to me.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Blue red and green on their way to me!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Ended up picking up a bottle of Moss Green at Philly Pen Show! An opportunistic impulse purchase... :cloud9:

Mine finally arrived yesterday after being held hostage by HM Customs for almost a month and eventually getting released after they decided they weren't a threat to national security after all.

If the ink is half as good as the bottles then I will be mightily impressed

Just what I *don*t need -- more ink!

Seriously though, those colors look really interesting. Anyone know if there's a US seller for these?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Just what I *don*t need -- more ink!

Seriously though, those colors look really interesting. Anyone know if there's a US seller for these?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

PenBoutique has them, though not the Cobalt blue yet...my Moss Green and Garnet Red have arrived though!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I admit it, I'm more interested in the bottles! None of the colors really speak to me. Any idea if they'll do a nice turquoise any time soon -- in those great bottles, of course!?

The bottles are superb

Our local pen shop dealer said he would be getting these in. I have to say, I'm not entirely thrilled by the colour selection yet.

I have a bottle of the hazelnut brown and I have to say I'm very pleased. Nice colour, well-behaved, and the bottle of course is gorgeous. I'm quite happy with it!

Can't wait for it.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

My bottle of the hazelnut brown came in last week. I was concerned the it would be a bit on the light side when used with a fine nib but it's a really nice deep brown. I'm really enjoying it!