The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Monteverde Invincia Deluxe Nighthawk With Pendleton Brown Fine Stub

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 papabear16

papabear16

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 13:31

This is the pen I waited for the longest, since Goulet was out for a long time. The Nighthawk was appealing to me as a workhorse pen because it references both of my professions. First, being a fountain pen, it suits an attorney—for some reason, they remain a symbol of our profession. Second, before law school, I studied aerospace engineering and worked for a major aerospace company for a time. As part of that, I was involved in working on a stealth aircraft. So the matte black carbon fiber references that really nicely.

Finally, I'd really wanted to try one of Pendleton Brown's butter-line stubs. His B and M hold a bit more appeal to me, but probably aren't as conducive to my note-taking. A fine, on the other hand, seemed perfect.

I am very pleased with the result. The writing experience is terrific, and I've already received a few questions about the pen from my more technical clients. But I also really love the feel of the pen in my hand; the carbon fiber is very smooth yet solid in a way that none of my other pens are. It's hard to describe, but I love it.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

10985202163_1e47d54c11_c.jpg

Untitled by papabear163, on Flickr

10984994795_3077c2ecfb_c.jpg

10984997245_abe8695a5e_c.jpg

10985209623_fdeb08612e_c.jpg

10985002835_c976d22c93_c.jpg

Girls say they want a guy with serious ink, but then pretend to be bored when I show off all my fancy fountain pens. ~ Jason Gelles

Sponsored Content

#2 papabear16

papabear16

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 13:35

It is interesting to me that my handwriting has a tendency to show less line variation than others does. My wife gets much more. And I should post the handwriting sample Pendleton sent with the pen. But I think it's a function of the ways we write. It doesn't trouble me; just interests me.

Girls say they want a guy with serious ink, but then pretend to be bored when I show off all my fancy fountain pens. ~ Jason Gelles

#3 MarneM

MarneM

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2013 - 14:48

I also  have a Monteverde Invincia with fine stub from Pendleton Brown. It is actually my favorite nib, and such a joy! Mine is the rose gold version, but I really like the more subtle look of the black too. Very nice!

"Wer schweigt, stimmt zu."

#4 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2013 - 18:22

Wow. That is a really nice looking pen. Congrats!

#5 papabear16

papabear16

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 21:49

I also  have a Monteverde Invincia with fine stub from Pendleton Brown. It is actually my favorite nib, and such a joy! Mine is the rose gold version, but I really like the more subtle look of the black too. Very nice!

You have excellent taste in both nibs and your own pen!

Wow. That is a really nice looking pen. Congrats!

Thanks!

#6 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:32

i've always wondered about a stub nib.  never got one since i write small, thus always use a fine nib or a japanese-medium nib.  this post makes me want to get my very own stub-fine-nib.  great penmanship, by the way  :thumbup:

-rudy-

#7 ArtsNibs

ArtsNibs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 23:02

Nice review! I have an Invincia in Tartania color with a wet medium nib - perfect for fast notes since it's a snap cap.
@arts_nibs

#8 papabear16

papabear16

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 21:28

i've always wondered about a stub nib.  never got one since i write small, thus always use a fine nib or a japanese-medium nib.  this post makes me want to get my very own stub-fine-nib.  great penmanship, by the way  :thumbup:

Thanks—I'm working on it. I was so happy to discover how fine stubs worked for me. I've liked the line variation a lot, as I think it is what sets fountain pen writing apart (that or flex, anyway). But broad stubs don't work as well for normal-sized script. But I've loved how fines work for me, anyway. And I highly recommend Pendleton's work. I'm very, very pleased.

Nice review! I have an Invincia in Tartania color with a wet medium nib - perfect for fast notes since it's a snap cap.

I think I'd enjoy a snap-cap for exactly that reason. Although the short screw on this works pretty well.

Sponsored Content

|