The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Monteverde Invincia Color Fusion - Handwritten Review

monteverde invincia handwritten

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yourNibs

yourNibs

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2013 - 18:37

Hey, everybody, here is a review of my new favorite pen: the Monteverde Invinicia Color Fusion - Stealth Black with a 1.1 mm stub nib. I had a problem with the feed that I managed to fix (I explain in more detail in the handwritten part), but I don't think anyone should be afraid of that if you are considering purchasing this pen. It was such a strange problem that I think it was just a factory fluke. Anyways, here you go. Enjoy: 

Monteverde Invincia CF - Page 1.jpg

Monteverde Invincia CF - Page 2.jpg

Monteverde Invincia CF - Page 3.jpg

Monteverde Invincia CF - Page 4.jpg

Monteverde Invincia CF - Page 5.jpg

20131107_132522.jpg

20131107_132722.jpg

20131107_132817.jpg

Hope this was helpful to someone.

youNibs

Sponsored Content

#2 yourNibs

yourNibs

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2013 - 18:38

By the way, I have heard some people say that this pen has difficulty posting. Whatever problems this pen used to have with posting have been fixed. It posts perfectly well.

#3 notimetoulouse

notimetoulouse

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2013 - 13:34

I've bought the very attractive Invincia Vulcano, which is grey with orange magma swirls (that really catch the light nicely). It came with the standard black Monteverde F nib, which suits it perfectly.
Straight out of the box I thought I'd bought a dog...hardly any ink on the paper and a nasty scratching feeling from the nib even on 120gsm paper.
In my haste to ink it I'd forgotten Rule One: Wash everything fully - which I did. That cured the ink flow issue, but the noise and scratchyness was still extant.
I don't use micromesh, I find four way nail buffers to be more precise (you can actually feel the metal imperfection on the nib if you are gentle enough) - three one minute careful buffs later and....
It's a silent, buttery nib that rivals anything I have that cost me five or six times as much.
To think I was five minutes away from sending it back.
These pens are well worth a look for the money.

Oh, and yourNibs is spot on with his comment above... the pen posts perfectly - and it is one of the few pens I own that I can use posted, it seems to add to the balance somehow.

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monteverde, invincia, handwritten

Sponsored Content

|