Twsbi Diamond 580 Black Rosegold Fountain Pen

amberleadavis

I too feel that the white one is prettier. However, I have a feeling it might look a bit odd once it has ink in it.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drone

• amberleadavis

• Sham69

• OakIris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both the white and black were proposed by TWSBI on their facebook page; they actually asked for comments from everyone. The black version won out, but this is what the white version looked like:

attachicon.gifwhite580.jpg

I have to disagree, the white version is awful. The available version is much more appealing.

I have it. Gorgeous to look at, great writing experience.

This version looks incredible, especially filled. I have one on the way. I'm sure it will be a great writing experience like other TWSBI pens. I can't wait, that's the hardest part.

Amberlea, rose/pink gold wearer is something to be proud of. After all, gold is gold. My wife loves it, at least for this holiday season. :lticaptd:

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."-Jim Valvano

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."-Ronald Reagan

oh my god no! estimated delivery has changed from friday to monday-tuesday!! what am i going to do!

Move to the UK / US ? Lol

Verba volant, scripta manent

Amberlea, rose/pink gold wearer is something to be proud of. After all, gold is gold. My wife loves it, at least for this holiday season. :lticaptd:

I totally agree. My daughter asked me about my favorite necklace last night. It's 18k rose gold and yes, I've had it longer than I've had her. Recently, she's been going through my wardrobe and anything older than her must go. I told her that didn't apply to jewelry no matter how cute she is!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I totally agree. My daughter asked me about my favorite necklace last night. It's 18k rose gold and yes, I've had it longer than I've had her. Recently, she's been going through my wardrobe and anything older than her must go. I told her that didn't apply to jewelry no matter how cute she is!

That's awesome. There is something elegant about rose gold. It is a bit more understated than yellow gold. That's what I like about the new TWSBI 580. I know rose gold is "trendy" right now, but that is just fashion waking up again.

Here's an example. This was one of my grandfather's watches that I have. It is 70+ years old. It still looks great with anything. Classic.

post-102991-0-63754300-1384465288.jpg

Bottom line, gold never goes out of style. Your daughter will want that necklace one day soon. She'll want to add some nice bling to her wardrobe!

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."-Jim Valvano

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."-Ronald Reagan

That's awesome. There is something elegant about rose gold. It is a bit more understated than yellow gold. That's what I like about the new TWSBI 580. I know rose gold is "trendy" right now, but that is just fashion waking up again.

Here's an example. This was one of my grandfather's watches that I have. It is 70+ years old. It still looks great with anything. Classic.

attachicon.gifPatek.JPG

Bottom line, gold never goes out of style. Your daughter will want that necklace one day soon. She'll want to add some nice bling to her wardrobe!

I agree that it's classic. All my pieces were purchased (before kids) from local pawn shops. At the time, "pink gold" as they called it around here, was sort of looked down upon and no one really liked it, hence I bought it. All the pieces were then "vintage" so now antique. I think it's cool that it's in vogue.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I saw on Thursday 14 Nov. 2013 that Goulet has 580-RG stock again. I ordered one with a Medium nib. 2-day USPS to Florida then by DHL to Jakarta, Indonesia. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week. I had them throw in a bottle of Diamine Bilberry for balance (nice sheen with that one). Bloody shipping, tax and duties will run more than the pen itself. But then again, I needed some mail forwarded to me anyway.

FYI there is someone selling TWSBI out of Singapore; but stock looks iffy:

http://straitspen.com/

absolutley devestated.. my vac 700 came today medium which is beautiful and silk smooth,

however the rose gold 580 which i have been so excited for..

it's nib is screwed the left tine ever so slightly overlaps the right tine causing it to bite harshly into the paper, it even causes clairefontaine to bleed due to it ripping the paper ever so slightly. so it is extremely scratchy and disappointing.. i have just emailed twsbi USA and hopefully they help me out! such a disappointing nib they should quality check these things before they send em out!!

absolutley devestated.. my vac 700 came today medium which is beautiful and silk smooth,

however the rose gold 580 which i have been so excited for..

it's nib is screwed the left tine ever so slightly overlaps the right tine causing it to bite harshly into the paper, it even causes clairefontaine to bleed due to it ripping the paper ever so slightly. so it is extremely scratchy and disappointing.. i have just emailed twsbi USA and hopefully they help me out! such a disappointing nib they should quality check these things before they send em out!!

@Sham69 - Oh my, so the TWSBI nib quality control issues continue?. I was hoping this would end after they changed from Bock to Jowo (or was it the other way around?)...

Can you reply with a closeup pic of what your bum out-of-box 580-RG nib looks like? Maybe we can help you fix it yourself. What does TWSBI Customer Service say about this?

When I ordered my 580 Rose Gold from Goulet I added a note asking them to check the pen for defects before shipping. The cost to ship/import the pen to my location (Jakarta) pretty much eliminates returns - a one way trip. That said; when my 580-RG comes, unless the nib is hopelessly screwed up I can probably fix it myself. Fingers-crossed.

Edited by Drone

I must admit that this pen really caught my eye. It is a really beautiful pen, and from the pictures I will say the white doesn't look right to me.

I have several rose gold plated watches - only one yellow gold. Guess what I like??? :) This is certainly a 580 that gets my attention and I would seriously consider - even though it is a few bucks more expensive than the regular. The watch I have on today is rose gold, but rather than being polished/it is a matte or satin finish.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Watches%20-%20Other/P2110276.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Watches%20-%20Invicta/20130110_063743.jpg

bottom row second from the right is the one I am wearing right now. (with the crown on the left)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Picked up my 580 Rose Gold (Broad) from the Post Office at 7 this morning, on way to work. Just opened the parcel & it looks beautiful. Can't wait to get home and load it up. I'm thinking Diamine Salamander

Verba volant, scripta manent

i received mine yesterday. It’s the best of my Twsbi’s. The nib in F is smooth with a little flex. Matched with Platinum Sepia and i have a winner!

Current office rotation: Nakaya Piccolo (Noodlers Turquoise Eel), Twsbi Mini (PR Plum), Onoto BCHR (Diamine Imperial Blue) http://plumasytintas.com

http://yuki-akari.blogspot.com

I'm holding out until X-mas, I've put a copy of it on the fridge in case anyone is looking for ideas. :)