I Come From China

wuhao

Can you tell me if Wing Sung / Lucky models 300 and 301 with 14K solid gold nibs are worth the money? good pens?

The Wing sung lucky 300 Cloisonne dragon pen(a pair)is over 200€. Some limited editions would base on Lucky 300.

I want to know how much your pay for it?

Edited by wuhao

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wuhao

• whoelse

• Pickwick

• Inkstone

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about the popularity of Duke and Pisscaso.But i can't accept the way Duke and Pisscaso promote.Duke always call himself German Duke and Pisscaso declares that he is a French company.

So the problem is about the company and not about the pen itself?

I understand Sheaffer along with other leading manufacturers of pens has a large investment with Hero who make some of their pens.. It could also follow that the two countries you name may have done the same.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Duke is ok

I have 3 Pisscasos pens ,none of them is still working.

Some enthusiasts complain about similar problem about the Pisscasos

Edited by wuhao

Duke is ok

I have 3 Pisscasos pens ,none of them is still working.

Some enthusiasts complain about similar problem about the Pisscasos

But why do you say “duke pen is rubblish” ?“ I don't know why so many people discuss Duke in this bbs。Duke is rubbish ” Only In order to promote your pen ?

I agree with you about the popularity of Duke and Pisscaso.But i can't accept the way Duke and Pisscaso promote.Duke always call himself German Duke and Pisscaso declares that he is a French company.

Everybody have its promotional ways !And Not all sellers do what your say .If they pay attention to declare the pen from other company ,the pens quality are not well ,many people will still buy it ?

So you should not defame other brands in order to promote the brand what you like !

HITY

But why do you say “duke pen is rubblish” ?“ I don't know why so many people discuss Duke in this bbs。Duke is rubbish ” Only In order to promote your pen ?

Everybody have its promotional ways !And Not all sellers do what your say .If they pay attention to declare the pen from other company ,the pens quality are not well ,many people will still buy it ?

So you should not defame other brands in order to promote the brand what you like !

HITY

1、Duke is ok means Duke is a litter bit better than Picasso.It does not means Duke is a trustworthy company.

2、Everybody can promote but he can't cheat.The Duke company claim that he is German Duke.You can see the trademark “German Duke”in their store.A lot of Chinese people buy Duke because Duke promote he is a German company.

I think it is a globalize world, very much like a Swiss watch. Does it mean 1) Entire watch is made in Swiss or 2) Assemble in Swiss or 3) Swiss brand or 4) Swiss parts but assemble else where?

In relate to that, when it's "German" does it mean it's a German origin or registered company? Made in German? Nib source from German or what?

So is Apple iPhone/iPad a US brand or Chinese brand? If it is OK to call Apple US brand but made in China is it fair for Duke to call themselves a German brand since they have a German company? It's branding and marketing.

It is something we are very use to buying a China product, we are never that serious about all these claims. I don't think I will buy product A instead of B because A is made in country A etc. Well, there are definitely preferences but it is the quality and price so it's all about Value.

Many of the Chinese nib states 23KGP and they do not seems to have any plating at all.

Of course many pen production have move to China such as Cross, Sheaffer, Parker etc. It's all about economy of scale. Consumer market in China is hugh even just for internal consumption. So local brand itself already have the economy of scale to produce products in quantity and in return lower the cost. Taking into account of utility/usability more than quality/appearance China can produce cheaper products. When a foreign company approach them, it is easy to take up the production job since the consumption is already there, tools and worker.

Unlike China, many countries do not have the large internal consumption market and rely a lot of distribution channel, retail chain, marketing cost in order to expand into the world market to keep up enough production to remain profitability. So luxury products are big part of the business complimenting normal consumable range.

If Hero is loosing market share to Duke, then they better rethink their marketing strategy and relook into their products are they offer better value then competitors. Simply put, Duke can claim it's made of diamond, Swiss precision, German engineering and if the product are over priced or lower quality no one is going to buy it or take them seriously.

Edited by whoelse

This is what I see from their introduction:

"Shanghai G.Crown Fountain Pen Co., Ltd is the domestic first-class, internationally renowned professional company, owning the "king crown", "duke", and other well-known brands. We produce over 300 types of top grade collection pen, gold-tipped fountain pen, normal fountain pen, roller pen, ball pen and leather goods, etc, to fully meet the needs of domestic and international markets and the vast number of consumers at all levels.

Since its foundation in year 1988, with the leadership of Manager Huang Xide and hard work of "Crown people", the company developed steadily. Now we have 50, 000 square meter production base(30, 000 square meter of factory space), 800staff (including more than 100 engineers and senior technicians). Company in Germany, Japan and other countries, has set up professional R&D and trade institutions. In Beijing, Shenzhen and other major cities has many domestic branches, forming a strong force in research and development, production quality control and sales. Company has passed ISO9001:2000 international quality system certification and ISO14001:2004 international environment system certification.

To achieve the strategic objective of surpassing other word brand competitors, our company adopts high standard to make top-class gift pen by using the latest technology, the most fashionable design, precious raw materials and excellent pen-making craft.

We have successfully introduced several series collection commemorative pens of limited edition to the market, such as SCO summit heads of state commemorative gold pen series, Shenzhou NO.6.Space Shuttle Space Pen Series, Shanghai APEC meeting pen series. The company is not only authorized to use above event names, but also entrusted to make brand products for F1 tournament and Diaoyutai State Guesthoues. As the sole provider of national gift pen for many significant foreign affairs, the company received high praises from leaders of china.

Not merely content with the rarity and luxury of the product, we also seek innovation to further enhance the national gift" grades by embodying the essence of Chinese "national "culture and excellent traditional craft into the production and package. As top brand products, our gold fountain pens not only have the quality, style, profound cultural background, but also have great appeal among domestic and overseas luxury buyer.
Making constant progress and making good friends is the principle of our company. We sincerely hope to cooperate with supplier and dealer to add honor and glory to our country by continuously introducing new, quality, superior products to the market , which will also accelerate the process of product's branding, serialization, diversification and International specialization.

To revitalize enterprises and serve society is our company���¢�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½s unceasing pursue. We will take advantage of our creativity and independent intellectual property rights to participate in international competition and make solid progress. Shanghai G.Crown Fountain pen Co.Ltd can be sure to become the new force of the pen world."

I think it is a globalize world, very much like a Swiss watch. Does it mean 1) Entire watch is made in Swiss or 2) Assemble in Swiss or 3) Swiss brand or 4) Swiss parts but assemble else where?

In relate to that, when it's "German" does it mean it's a German origin or registered company? Made in German? Nib source from German or what?

So is Apple iPhone/iPad a US brand or Chinese brand? If it is OK to call Apple US brand but made in China is it fair for Duke to call themselves a German brand since they have a German company? It's branding and marketing.

It is something we are very use to buying a China product, we are never that serious about all these claims. I don't think I will buy product A instead of B because A is made in country A etc. Well, there are definitely preferences but it is the quality and price so it's all about Value.

Many of the Chinese nib states 23KGP and they do not seems to have any plating at all.

Of course many pen production have move to China such as Cross, Sheaffer, Parker etc. It's all about economy of scale. Consumer market in China is hugh even just for internal consumption. So local brand itself already have the economy of scale to produce products in quantity and in return lower the cost. Taking into account of utility/usability more than quality/appearance China can produce cheaper products. When a foreign company approach them, it is easy to take up the production job since the consumption is already there, tools and worker.

Unlike China, many countries do not have the large internal consumption market and rely a lot of distribution channel, retail chain, marketing cost in order to expand into the world market to keep up enough production to remain profitability. So luxury products are big part of the business complimenting normal consumable range.

If Hero is loosing market share to Duke, then they better rethink their marketing strategy and relook into their products are they offer better value then competitors. Simply put, Duke can claim it's made of diamond, Swiss precision, German engineering and if the product are over priced or lower quality no one is going to buy it or take them seriously.

This is what I see from their introduction:

"Shanghai G.Crown Fountain Pen Co., Ltd is the domestic first-class, internationally renowned professional company, owning the "king crown", "duke", and other well-known brands. We produce over 300 types of top grade collection pen, gold-tipped fountain pen, normal fountain pen, roller pen, ball pen and leather goods, etc, to fully meet the needs of domestic and international markets and the vast number of consumers at all levels.

Since its foundation in year 1988, with the leadership of Manager Huang Xide and hard work of "Crown people", the company developed steadily. Now we have 50, 000 square meter production base(30, 000 square meter of factory space), 800staff (including more than 100 engineers and senior technicians). Company in Germany, Japan and other countries, has set up professional R&D and trade institutions. In Beijing, Shenzhen and other major cities has many domestic branches, forming a strong force in research and development, production quality control and sales. Company has passed ISO9001:2000 international quality system certification and ISO14001:2004 international environment system certification.

To achieve the strategic objective of surpassing other word brand competitors, our company adopts high standard to make top-class gift pen by using the latest technology, the most fashionable design, precious raw materials and excellent pen-making craft.

We have successfully introduced several series collection commemorative pens of limited edition to the market, such as SCO summit heads of state commemorative gold pen series, Shenzhou NO.6.Space Shuttle Space Pen Series, Shanghai APEC meeting pen series. The company is not only authorized to use above event names, but also entrusted to make brand products for F1 tournament and Diaoyutai State Guesthoues. As the sole provider of national gift pen for many significant foreign affairs, the company received high praises from leaders of china.

Not merely content with the rarity and luxury of the product, we also seek innovation to further enhance the national gift" grades by embodying the essence of Chinese "national "culture and excellent traditional craft into the production and package. As top brand products, our gold fountain pens not only have the quality, style, profound cultural background, but also have great appeal among domestic and overseas luxury buyer.

Making constant progress and making good friends is the principle of our company. We sincerely hope to cooperate with supplier and dealer to add honor and glory to our country by continuously introducing new, quality, superior products to the market , which will also accelerate the process of product's branding, serialization, diversification and International specialization.

To revitalize enterprises and serve society is our company���¢�¯�¿�½�¯�¿�½s unceasing pursue. We will take advantage of our creativity and independent intellectual property rights to participate in international competition and make solid progress. Shanghai G.Crown Fountain pen Co.Ltd can be sure to become the new force of the pen world."

I can understand globalize world.But Gold Crown(a company from shanhai) establish a company in German ,and then the German company invest Gold Crown again and establish the Duke.

Thank you for the introduction. There are two versions(at least)about the introduction.The only difference between them is the founder of the German Duke,one is Friedrich Augustus ,another is York · Weihai Mu.So i believe the introduction is a story.

I can understand globalize world.But Gold Crown(a company from shanhai) establish a company in German ,and then the German company invest Gold Crown again and establish the Duke.

Thank you for the introduction. There are two versions(at least)about the introduction.The only difference between them is the founder of the German Duke,one is Friedrich Augustus ,another is York · Weihai Mu.So i believe the introduction is a story.

Definitely a story or some call marketing :) same for many part of the world.

Global market phenomenon !Each product maybe have their special cultural significance and story ! :)

Chinese people don’t like fake western ghost(假洋鬼子),Duke and Picasso just made themself 假洋鬼子.

Chinese people don’t like fake western ghost(假洋鬼子),Duke and Picasso just made themself 假洋鬼子.

Humm...while the point is valid, are you sure you want to use these words here? "western ghost"

Let's keep this a friendly place :)

Edited by whoelse

But OK with fake Western Pen or lookalike?

Hero 616

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/ubuy8877/22000907-3.jpg

Hero 359

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hero-359-Summer-Color-Fountain-Pen-Green-Fine-Nib-Plus-6-Free-Cartridges-/00/s/MTI4MFgxNjAw/z/Ju8AAOxy5jxSanh3/$T2eC16N,!zUFIcCLHpJvBS,nhu7BV!~~60_12.JPG

Hero 706A

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HERO-Fountain-Pen-706A-Stainless-steel-With-extra-fine-point-Black-/00/s/NjUwWDY1MA==/z/MqsAAOxy1RZSVmVZ/$(KGrHqF,!jUFE0ss8iFfBSVmVZH9NQ~~60_12.JPG

Hero 3015A

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/7/2/0/6/6/webimg/543929618_o.jpg?nc=682

Hero Liseur 2008

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hero-Liseur-2008-Fountain-Pen-Fine-Nib-Without-Box-/00/s/MTI4MFgxNjAw/z/sPsAAMXQLw1Rz5q4/$(KGrHqR,!rgFGyORlmLJBRz5q3ezpQ~~60_12.JPG

Hero 616

Hero 359

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hero-359-Summer-Color-Fountain-Pen-Green-Fine-Nib-Plus-6-Free-Cartridges-/00/s/MTI4MFgxNjAw/z/Ju8AAOxy5jxSanh3/$T2eC16N,!zUFIcCLHpJvBS,nhu7BV!~~60_12.JPG

Hero 706A

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HERO-Fountain-Pen-706A-Stainless-steel-With-extra-fine-point-Black-/00/s/NjUwWDY1MA==/z/MqsAAOxy1RZSVmVZ/$(KGrHqF,!jUFE0ss8iFfBSVmVZH9NQ~~60_12.JPG

Hero 3015A

Hero Liseur 2008

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hero-Liseur-2008-Fountain-Pen-Fine-Nib-Without-Box-/00/s/MTI4MFgxNjAw/z/sPsAAMXQLw1Rz5q4/$(KGrHqR,!rgFGyORlmLJBRz5q3ezpQ~~60_12.JPG

Bearing in mind that the Parker this pen is modeled on went out of production over 50 years ago, and Hero has never used the Parker name. Also with the Lamy Safari, the company has not faked it in the sense that Hero has not used the name Lamy. Making it clear to a potential buyer exactly what he/she is buying.

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Hero 616

Hero 359

Hero 706A

Hero 3015A

Hero Liseur 2008

Sales of the traditional fountain pens are much better than the fake.

Although the Hero is operating entirely within the law.it's immoral. If Hero keep on copying instead of originality.Hero will disappear from the market.

H Hero 616 is a production of plan.ned econ.omy.It has p.o.l.i.t.i.c.a.l i.m.p.l.i.c.a.t.i.o.n .

Right, my point is we can all tell what is Parker and what is Hero and "German Duke" is made in China. I have not issue if 616 look like P51, in fact I like it and have a few of them.There are many pens who call themselves "Space pen" and I'm sure they have never been to space just marketing.

There are oversea company that have no experience manufacture pen but good at marketing, they can find a contractor in China to make all their pen and sell them as a foreign pen in their country.

Same thing right?

Edited by whoelse

Right, my point is we can all tell what is Parker and what is Hero and "German Duke" is made in China. I have not issue if 616 look like P51, in fact I like it and have a few of them.There are many pens who call themselves "Space pen" and I'm sure they have never been to space just marketing.

There are oversea company that have no experience manufacture pen but good at marketing, they can find a contractor in China to make all their pen and sell them as a foreign pen in their country.

Same thing right?

I get your point.

live is more important than the democracy

Hi Wuhao,

Hero are coming out with some nice looking pens along with interesting nibs. I've ordered the 369. Others are the 6073, 2017, 383, 752, 706A, 285, 9601. Also the Traditional fountain pen makers are outsourcing their manufacturing with Chinese companies. This indicates China is capable of producing high quality products.

Traditional fountain pens are becoming overpriced. I've been using fountain pens and dip pens for more than 60 years, and I find fountain pens from China can be very good. I don't mind their lack of quality control, because I enjoy getting these pens to work the way I like.

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick