#31 WestLothian

WestLothian

Scratchy and slightly misaligned

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:19

Thank you very much for the reassurance. The Ahab and other Noodlers are made from a "vegetal" vegetable resin - this may have a gas smell.

#32 Zookie

Zookie

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 18:03

I've noticed some pens being listed on e-bay that are marked  "Sterling Stationery". They are cartridge pens, and marked "made in India".

Does anyone know who the actual manufacturer might be, and would they be worth bidding on. They're very cheap I might add.

Thanks,

Doug

#33 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 18:31

I've noticed some pens being listed on e-bay that are marked  "Sterling Stationery". They are cartridge pens, and marked "made in India".

Does anyone know who the actual manufacturer might be, and would they be worth bidding on. They're very cheap I might add.

Thanks,

Doug

no idea, looks intriguing.

http://www.ebay.com/...h-/111341409716

#34 Zookie

Zookie

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 18:37

Those are the ones I was looking at. I almost wish they weren't in the package, I can't make out any details.

#35 bahekarvishal

bahekarvishal

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 17:31

I have not even heard the name of a company here in india

#36 Scribblesoften

Scribblesoften

Retrogrouch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 18:01

I too, like Indian pens. I have purchased modern pens from ASAPens and Fountain Pen Revolution. I also purchased a vintage ebonite pen from EBay. I have been pleased with most of them. The pens fall into the categories of eye dropper fillers in several materials (ebonite, acrylic, injection molded plastic), and injection molded piston fillers. I am still waiting for the ebonite, celluloid, and acrylic piston fillers. The Deccan pens have consistent quality. Gama has been inventive in producing small batches of pens at excellent prices. Airmail/Wality and Chelpark produce nice pens. I have been impressed with the smoothness of Oliver nibs. The Serwex pens i have tried struck me as low cost and low quality. They may have nicer pens that I have not seen.

#37 Zookie

Zookie

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:54

To follow up, I received the pens, took one out and inked it up. They are very nice pens for the money (1 US Dollar each), and I'm very pleased with them :)

I've done some further searching, and believe them to be made by the Flair Writing Instrument company. Probably an outdated design or something.

The nibs are marked "Iridium Point Germany" , and the ink is a very pleasant blue.

Now I'm looking to purchase a Pierre Cardin Veer FP; I've decided to get a black one with a red clip. Has anyone had any experience with these?

#38 de_pen_dent

de_pen_dent

Tropical islander

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:40

I have to say, I am not a big fan of Serwex... they look and feel quite cheap.

I like Deccan's pens - best of the lot and also have an aerometric option now on some of their models (I dont like ED!).   Am a big fan of Ranga's work as well, although i usually send him my nibs to install.  He's making a couple of custom pens for me this week - will post photos and review when i get them.  Also +1 to Wality Airmail - have quite a good collection of them, thanks to Hari  :)

Rantamsons and Guiders were a bit iffy for me - they are inexpensive and require a bit of tweaking of the nibs to make them work.   I'd rather pay a little more and not have to bother.  YMMV.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

#39 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:10

Never tried a Serwex, we don't get them in Mumbai.

#40 hani

hani

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:08

I buyed one Click Bamboo F.P  from Vadodra ,An Eye Dropper quite large tank , The nib writes somewhat fine and col is marble blue. I also purchased a calligraphy set from the same company . The company has a site "uniquepen.in" a large no of fountain pen are there in there product range. The pen was quite reasonable

http://www.uniquepen...e-fountain-pen/

#41 bahekarvishal

bahekarvishal

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 17:47

Click??? its a new name I heard in a indian fountain pen industry

#42 Aramchek

Aramchek

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:26

Seems many of the pens that show up on that website are also found under other Indian brands. Not sure if they made them for all of them, or if they're reselling pens made by someone else.

Recently got one of the pens on their site, the Tulip, though branded Oliver. Pretty nice, and the piston seemed to work better than in most cheap pens, but I had to replace the nib with a Serwex nib (which I think is made by Platinum (not the Japanese one)) because I didn't like the one it came with.

STR:12 DEX: 5 CON:7 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3 Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

#43 hani

hani

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:26

It is showing in their site that they are an OEM manufacturer for various brands along with their own brand which is " CLICK"  this could justify that many of the models in their product range are also with other brand.

But i see some are quite new.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indian, india, cheap, inexpensive, deals, indian fountain pens, fpr, thoughts