Pilot Vpen (Varsity) Disposable Fountain Pens Now At Justwrite

JustWrite Pen Company

I had heard a lot of positive reviews about these pens but I was still surprised at how good they are when I finally got my hands on one. I've been using a blue one pretty steadily for over a week now and it seems utterly foolproof. It writes first time every time with no coaxing at all. I've had lots of requests to stock this pen because they are hard to find in Australia but I was never keen on the idea of 'disposable' fountain pens. But they are such foolproof pens I thought they'd be ideal for 'converting' people to fountain pens and they are surprisingly easy to refill anyway.

We're selling them for $AUD4.95 (Less than Officeworks - although you'll be lucky to find one there) and if they prove popular we'll make them a permanent stock item.

post-18968-0-77146500-1382710448_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-30860400-1382710406_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-81829700-1382710415_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-61077500-1382710423_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-80879700-1382710431_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-59328100-1382710439_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-45759200-1382710471_thumb.jpg

Kevin Watson
Blackstone Ink :: JustWrite Pen Company, Australia
Website: www.justwrite.com.au www.blackstone.inkEmail: info@justwrite.com.au

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustWrite Pen Company

• dcwaites

• ThirdeYe

• scrivelry

I bought two of these last week to try out and also to see how they are constructed :D

For the price, great value. This will get new users into the FP market. The tip does not give you two line weights, but again, for the money, not an issue.

The construction is simple the body holds the ink and the feed chamber is seen through the transparent plastic. Taking it apart makes a great mess :D

Time to put Pen to Paper

• 2 weeks later...

My only complaint with these pens is that they're disposable. I hate dumping plastic into a landfill if it's not absolutely necessary...

So, these pens are refillable... but there's some wizardry involved with dropping ink onto the feed from outside.

Ahh, here is a good video showing how to refill the pens without disassembly.

and

Here are some instructions about disassembly and refill-ery.

Anyhow, I agree with the OP. They're very very nice pens for almost no $$

Ahh,
is a good video showing how to refill the pens without disassembly.

and

Thanks for posting those links. I must try the syringe method.

I find these silicon jar opener mats (picture attached) very good for removing nibs/feeders but Kevin at the Fountain Pen Revolution came up with the idea originally. You can get them at most Kitchen stores like Robin's Kitchen and Tupperware also make them.

post-18968-0-14967400-1383487973.jpg

post-18968-0-89768100-1383487998_thumb.jpg

Kevin Watson

I was wondering if you might also want to consider the Platinum Preppy pens. They are properly refillable, either by (proprietory) cartridge or optional convert.

As well, the cartridges are extremely robust, and can stand multiple refillings themselves.

Some people are fans of the V-Pens, and others, like myself, are fans of the Preppys.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Thanks for posting those links. I must try the syringe method.

I find these silicon jar opener mats (picture attached) very good for removing nibs/feeders but Kevin at the Fountain Pen Revolution came up with the idea originally. You can get them at most Kitchen stores like Robin's Kitchen and Tupperware also make them.

attachicon.gifjar-opener-01.jpg

attachicon.gifjar-opener-02.jpg

That's what I use for taking out the nib/feed on my Varsities. Works great to get a good grip on the nib and/or barrel.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

My only complaint with these pens is that they're disposable. I hate dumping plastic into a landfill if it's not absolutely necessary...

So, these pens are refillable... but there's some wizardry involved with dropping ink onto the feed from outside.

Ahh,

is a good video showing how to refill the pens without disassembly.

and

Anyhow, I agree with the OP. They're very very nice pens for almost no $$

I have used the first video procedure to fill up a number of my pens, including those that have converters and cartridges, without having to remove cartridge or use converter - you just do the exact same thing he's doing to the V-pen to whatever you have. It works so well that I am assembling cut-off syringes in a number of sizes so I can use it whenever I want...

I was wondering if you might also want to consider the Platinum Preppy pens. They are properly refillable, either by (proprietory) cartridge or optional convert.

As well, the cartridges are extremely robust, and can stand multiple refillings themselves.

Some people are fans of the V-Pens, and others, like myself, are fans of the Preppys.

Thanks for the suggestion, David. Choosing which pens to stock is a challenge and I really value suggestions from fountain pen users. The Preppy has actually been on my 'Potential Products' list for some time and I'll bump it up a few notches. In the meantime would you be interested in taking a couple of Beifas for a test drive? These are low priced, plastic, Chinese fountain pens that take standard international cartridges or converters. Let me know and I'll send you a couple free of charge.

Kevin Watson

Thanks for the suggestion, David. Choosing which pens to stock is a challenge and I really value suggestions from fountain pen users. The Preppy has actually been on my 'Potential Products' list for some time and I'll bump it up a few notches. In the meantime would you be interested in taking a couple of Beifas for a test drive? These are low priced, plastic, Chinese fountain pens that take standard international cartridges or converters. Let me know and I'll send you a couple free of charge.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I would be interested in testing your Beifa pens. It would be interesting to compare them to the Smiggle pens (with which I am becoming rapidly disappointed).

Regards,

David.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Hi Kevin,

Can I add my name to the list of those who'd like to see Platimum Preppy's available in Australia? Having recently experimented with the Pilot VPen - and, like you, been very impressed with it (found it at Officeworks - sorry, that was before I knew you existed!)... But I like the fact that Preppy's can either take cartridges or be converted to an Eyedropper - not to mention the fact that they're available as markers and highlighters as well!

Cheers,

Gordon