What's On Your Wishlist?

Hema

two left on the purchase list:

Omas 360 Burkina

Omas Paragon Extra Lucens

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hema

• migo984

• Edwaroth

• fpconverted

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There Hema,

Salaam from India and let me tell you, very very delighted to find a fellow Indian FPNer who's a lady. Rarely have I seen an Indian Lady who's so interested in FPs, much less participate in forums like these.

My personal opinion on what's a good FP to buy, away and digressing from your post, is that FC Pure Emotion, as someone has rightly put is pretty chunky and unless you have large hands you'll have to put more effort to write.

I've kind of become a fan of Pelikan M200, sweet wet writer and little weight. And very very easily available at a sub 100 USD budget. In case you choose to re consider your decision.

Aside, to what my wish list is...

A. Caran d'Ache Gotica - very beautiful FP but in INR easily 1L+ in terms of value if new.

B. I've loved the Urushi lot, and I'd just go for Nakaya Long Cigar. The beauty it radiates is in it's finish and is like zen. Silent, not too ostentatious, infact sublime, and yet when you touch it, you realise that it's worth every penny paid.

C. OMAS extra lucens, beautiful intriguing texture and always upwards of 700 USD, unless found one on a forum like this.

It's a wish list, can go on and on, but for the time being, if I manage all this in 1500 USD (which is a miracle), I'll be over the top.

Signing off (with taps on key pad and an M200 lying nearby, waiting to be used).

Hello Firebug!

Thank you for the welcome :) and apologies for the late reply...

I too love the pelikan M range of fps. In fact a recent acquisition has been the pelikan m200 in taupe. Here's a link that carries a picture http://blog.shopwritersbloc.com/fountain_pens/

Haven't had the time to ink it up yet, so my m200 awaits my attention just as yours does! :)

The other bit of good news is that .... I have also managed to get the Faber Castell emotion pure black that I've been wanting for months !! Yes, it is a bit heavy, but I find the weight pretty pleasant. I normally use my pens uncapped so the size is perfect too but, the most amazing part is the nib! It is just phenomenal! :D And, all of this was possible only thanks to Mr. Subramaniam from ASA pens... his service is just impeccable. Hopefully I can do a review some time soon.

Here's to your wishlist becoming a wish come true ! :thumbup:

Just from the top of the list:

Pelikan M800 Tortoise

Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze

Franklin-Christoph 1901 + 02 with Masuyama stub

Edison Mina + Pearl

Sheaffer Legacy or PFM with a factory stub

I only bought my first fountain pen (with no intention to collect) just a couple of months ago, but time spent on FPN led me to compiling a wishlist already:

Pilot VP

Sheaffer Snorkel

Lamy 2000

Parker 51

TWSBI Vac700

I guess it is kind of a non-sophisticated list compared to others' , but I would be over the moon to use any of these pens.

• Namiki Falcon black resin (soft fine nib with the Mottishaw Spencerian customization)
  • Vintage Waterman 52 with a flex nib
  • Any vintage mabie todd swan with a flex nib

Edited by unrectify

Just a TWSBI 580 or Mini (I haven't decided which size I'd prefer yet), probably in F nib.

Okay, and maybe a Kaweco Sport since I have a rollerball version of the Ice variety, and I quite like that and would like a fountain pen version (and they finally have a converter for the thing!). Also probably in F nib, because I find that nib size the most versatile for everything.

Edited by Avalonia

I'm writing an online serial thing. It's urban fantasy. And I have no idea how long it's going to run for.

I have 3 on my want list, but it is more of a dream list:

There were actually 4 pens on the list, but a M800 Tortoise is on the way :bunny01:

- Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronz
- Graf von Faber-Castell Intuition Platino Pernambuco
- Montblanc Agatha Christie

What I really want to get is vintage flex. I have said that a few times.
I always say it will be my next purchase, but I have always ended up getting something else so far...

For me, a pen that is on my wishlist is the Onoto Overlay in gold. It's beautiful (and also far too expensive - I'd be terrified of losing it!)

post-108280-0-75272600-1384113720.jpg

I just purchased my first fountain pen, a Pilot Custom 823 with F nib, two months ago, but I'm already hooked. I already have a list of pens I hope to acquire in the next twelve months or so.

Those pens in descending order from. "I'd sell my kidney to make sure I get it" to, "I cold do without for now":
Nakaya Dorsal Fin Version 2 Suzuishi-me Ishi-me Kanshitsu

Nakaya Long Cigar Fountain Pen Kuro-tamenuri

Nakaya Long Cigar Fountain Pen Shu-nurippanashi

Aurora Optima Nero Perla

Omas Paragon Celluloid in Bronze Arco with Hi-Tech Trim
Nakaya Portable Maki-e Maple Leaves

Pelikan M1000 Green stripe

Everything through the Aurora will most likely happen and the Omas is still likely. The Maki-e and Pelikan would be nice, but I'm not sure i'll be able to swing them. Of course my list of eventual wants is so long at this point that I probably never will have hope of owning them all.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

I've done pretty well with getting a couple of my "grail pens" already -- a Sheaffer Snorkel (actually two at this point, both Valiants), and a Parker 51 in Plum (as well as a blue Aero, a black 51 Vac, and most recently, a Black Aero with an EF nib that my husband may be given -- until of course he leaves the cap off the thing, at which point I reclaim it on the basis of "I just can't trust you with nice things...." :lol:

That being said, there is still one grail pen:

Yard-O-Led Viceroy Victorian (Standard -- I like the price of the Pocket, even though I can't afford even one of those, but don't like the fact that it's too small for a converter).

Plus there are some other pens that have added themselves to my with list:

Pelikan 400 (blue stripe or maybe white tortoise)

Edison Stillwell

Parker Vacumatic Shadow Wave (saw a red one on Ebay awhile back that was just gorgeous, but the green is also nice)

Parker Vacumatic Emerald Pearl (any size)

Parker Vacumatic Major Azure Blue Pearl

Morrison overlay (either a ring top in silver, to join its gold-filled cousin that I got at DCSS, or a full sized one)

Morrison CBHR

Visconti Van Gogh (Starry Night or Pollard Willows, I think, or maybe Room in Arles as a third choice)

Arnold combo pen/pencil in Mandarin Yellow (I ran across a few of these on Ebay last week, with prices all over the map -- didn't like some of the colors, but ooh, that yellow... :drool: -- and normally I don't even particularly *like* the color yellow, except for flowers!)

some teensy gold ringtop that I saw at one of the tables in the hallway at the Ohio Pen Show (don't even remember which table, or how much it was, but it was just adorable; I've suddenly gotten this hankering for overlays and ringtops and really tiny pens in general for some reason...).

Umm. Well. That's a bit of a list, isn't it.... :blush: Champagne tastes, beer budget.

And that's just the PENS. For ink, I want the Diamine Flowers Collection. Just for starters.... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm not totally new to fountain pens (been using them for a few years), but my collection is pretty small and just consists of most of the 'introductory' pens: a Lamy Safari, Pilot 78G, Platinum Preppy, and Pilot Metropolitan. I also had a Duke at one point (I believe from a PIF here a while back), but it appears to be on permanent loan to one of my friends who I appear to have converted to being a fountain pen user. My somewhat unintentional PIF. :lol:

Anyway, my wishlist:

Visconti Homo Sapiens, the bronze one with the power filler. I keep hearing amazing things about it, I think it looks beautiful, and I'm an anthropology major, making even the name incredibly relevant to me. It'll be a long time before I can get one, though. I would probably be willing to sell a kidney for one.

Pilot Vanishing Point, also because it seems to be very popular and recommended by many. That'll also be a bit until I'm able to afford one.

Lamy 2000... I've got to stop lurking this forum because reading about all of these wonderful pens with prices that are out of my student budget range makes me a little sad and my list of >USD$100 fountain pens really needs to stop growing (I can't stop drooling over the Montblanc Writers Edition pens or the vintage flex pens...).

On the lower price end: TWSBI 580, Kaweco Classic Sport. I'm considering just not getting either and continuing to save up for a Vanishing Point instead.

Edited by Argentum

I have just one 'wish pen' left - an oversize Sheaffer Ebonized Pearl Balance with a reasonably flexy nib. I don't want any more 'white dot' nail nibs.

However, if yer talkin' inks... a gallon of Parker Penman Sapphire or Emerald would do me just fine. ;)

ken

Edited by loudkenny