Photo

Pilot Capless (Vanishing Point) 2013 Limited Edition - Available For Pre-Order Now!

pilot capless cult pens vanishing point limited edition maple wood

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cultpens

cultpens

Near Mint

• Premium - Diamond

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:52

It's official, the Pilot Capless 2013 limited edition fountain pen will be available from November!

All Capless limited editions are special, but what makes the 2013 version even more so, is that it's also the 50th anniversary of the Capless fountain pen in Japan!

Made from Maple wood and gold trim, the 2013 Capless also comes stylishly packaged in a luxurious matching wooden box.

The 2013 Capless will certainly live up to its limited edition title, as only 900 of these pens will be available worldwide, but don't worry you can pre-order yours from us today.

The higher cost involved with producing a pen from Maple Wood and the smaller number of pens available increases the exclusive nature of this edition.

Pilot-Capless-Maple-LE.jpg

What do you think of the 2013 Limited Edition?

#2 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,607 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 16:22

Very nice!

#3 OakIris

OakIris

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 18:16

Someday I hope to have a wooden bodied fountain pen.  It won't be this one because it is about $400 more than I can afford, but I think it is beautiful and 900 people are going to be very happy indeed!  (The wooden presentation box isn't too shabby, either!)

Holly

#4 Plesso

Plesso

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:13

My husband is SOOO awesome - he totally gets me!  And for my birthday he got me one of these!  I just received it, so I have not yet worked myself up to putting ink in it, but have set the box next to my regular display case, and just smile every time I walk past.  Mine is # 758 of 900.  It's also stamped on the center ring.  Apparently, 300 of the 900 were released for sale in the US.

I am so very LUCKY!   :P

#5 Newjelan

Newjelan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:47

I love the VP, it's a great pen. Having resisted buying one for a long time, when i did, I was really surprised by how good it is. On the other hand, I don't like wooden pens as they remind me of cheap wooden bowls etc you find I tourist shops. However, as far as wood pens go, this is a nice one.

#6 OakIris

OakIris

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 18:51

My husband is SOOO awesome - he totally gets me!  And for my birthday he got me one of these!  I just received it, so I have not yet worked myself up to putting ink in it, but have set the box next to my regular display case, and just smile every time I walk past.  Mine is # 758 of 900.  It's also stamped on the center ring.  Apparently, 300 of the 900 were released for sale in the US.

I am so very LUCKY!   :P

You are very lucky indeed!  I do hope you eventually venture to put some ink in that beautiful pen so that you can use it.  And then you can tell us about how well its writing capabilities match the loveliness of the pen.   :D

Sorry you feel that way about wooden pens, but that means more for the rest of us.   :P   Neither this Pilot nor others I have seen, such as the Nakaya Briarwood, remind me of a cheap wooden box made for the tourist trade, but that's why everyone has their own opinions.   

BriarwoodLightUncapped.jpg

Holly

Edited by OakIris, 04 March 2014 - 19:00.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot capless, cult pens, vanishing point, limited edition, maple wood