• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GClef

• Shaporama

• them700project

• maksim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a very nice Pelikan M640 Mt Everest from Goldspot about a year ago. At that time the price ($269) was just about the lowest I could find. They shipped quickly and packaged it well. The only downside was having to pay NJ sales tax.

I try to sweep the Somerville antique malls about once a month or so, but to be honest I cannot recall ever finding any really good deals and you are lucky if you find a few tired Wearevers. Also, Rob and John at 20th Century antiques in Highland Park will usually have some vintage pens for sale (along with lighters and lots of other "guy stuff" to use my wife's term).

If i have the time I will run out to the antique malls in Adamstown, PA. Guys like Rick Krantz live nearby, and usually get the choice stuff before anyone else (he also has pickers who are always bringing him pens), but every now and then I get lucky out there. On one trip a found the "Collectible Fountain Pens" guide book for $5 (pops up on eBay for $20 - $25), and in my one and only sumgai moment, I landed a Parker 51 pen and pencil set, in its original box, with sterling sliver caps, for $18. Made my day!

Edited by Shaporama

If I can find an excuse to be in Philly on that Thursday I will definitely drop in, but I will be on the West Coast the rest of the weekend and may have to miss the Philly show which is unfortunate as it is probably my favorite so far. Oh well, there's always Baltimore in February and Long Island in March!

I just found this thread--so sorry I missed the meet-up! I'd love to join the next round.

I've been looking forward to the Philly Pen Show. Hope to see some of you there.

Welcome aboard! If you'd care to provide me with your email and phone contacts I will add you to our list (we've got about 10 names so far), and that way assure that you have the most updated information about upcoming meetings. You can do that via private message to me to ensure privacy.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this post, wish I'd seen it sooner. Glad to see you had your first meeting, would love to come next time.

Sorry Dustin it was an MK nib not a music nib

That makes a lot more sense.

"While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart."

- St. Francis of Assisi

"Don't play what's there. Play what's not there."

-Miles Davis

I will gladly take your unwanted Noodler's pens. Don't throw them away.

Assume no affiliation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Baltimore show is the weekend of March 1st and Long Island show is the weekend of the 15th. Maybe connect at one of those? For me, the Long Island show is the more likely venue as I might have to miss Baltimore. There is a terrific little cafeteria at the Hofstra Student Center, maybe meet there for lunch on Saturday the 15th?

No definite time, but it's been discussed.....LI Pen Show

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Any ideas on the 23rd? I may be able to find something in the area though.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Tutuguans/2014-02-14_11-35-43_238_zpsb7eebf89.jpg