Diamine Pansy - Flower Collection

Bhavna

A stunning colour from the collection!

fpn_1380290935__pansy_main_sml.jpg

Ooh la la..

fpn_1380290977__pansy_sheen_and_shading_

fpn_1380291003__pansy_sheen_1_sml.jpg

fpn_1380288792__swatch_main_sml.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• The Good Captain

• Jadie

• inkstainedruth

Pleasant enough and I must compare it to the Diamine Lavender as well.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Nice color and like the sheen. Looks like good dry times, too. Do I really need another purple ink...? Maybe.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Nice! I like those purple inks that sheen gold. Now I'm trying to remember if real pansies do the same thing. Certainly, they have that "glow" factor in the petals under direct sunlight...

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Pleasant enough and I must compare it to the Diamine Lavender as well.

I really like this one, especially for the sheen. It feels so rich. Would you put up a side by side of Pansy and Lavender. I haven't the latter (shockingly!)

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Nice color and like the sheen. Looks like good dry times, too. Do I really need another purple ink...? Maybe.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Very good dry times and the sheen took my breath away. I think every woman needs another purple ink to match with that outfit, wouldn't you say?

Nice! I like those purple inks that sheen gold. Now I'm trying to remember if real pansies do the same thing. Certainly, they have that "glow" factor in the petals under direct sunlight...

Sparkles and a fabulous purple. Win-win, I'd say. Yes I have seen Pansies shimmering away in the sunlight.

Actually it's somewhere between the Lavender and Diamine Grape, I'd say.

fpn_1380483798__diamine_lavender.jpg

fpn_1380483841__diamine_pansy.jpg

fpn_1380484160__diamine_grape_info_fpn.j

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Actually it's somewhere between the Lavender and Diamine Grape, I'd say.

fpn_1380483798__diamine_lavender.jpg

fpn_1380483841__diamine_pansy.jpg

fpn_1380484160__diamine_grape_info_fpn.j

Thank you! It really is lovely. The shading in your sample is fabulous. Phil et al do it again!

This one is lovely! As everyone mentioned, the sheen is superb!

Thank you for all the reviews! So far, this one and Gerbera jumped out at me! I agree that Tulip seems more orange than red, but on its own it is also lovely.

This one is lovely! As everyone mentioned, the sheen is superb!

Thank you for all the reviews! So far, this one and Gerbera jumped out at me! I agree that Tulip seems more orange than red, but on its own it is also lovely.

You are most welcome. I have been writing quite a lot with tulip, it is, I think, one of the truest reds I have written with. It is very difficult to capture red with a camera (oh the poppies I have chased...) It is a glorious colour. As for the sheen, it really took my breath away - it is fabulous!

That sheen is amazing !

Yes, it is wild. I wasn't expecting that at all! Reminds me of the properties of Sargasso Sea; very exciting.

Oh, my! It's hopeless now. After seeing Pansy, Marigold, and Gerbera, I must have this set!

I know the feeling! I have just received my MB Oyster Grey after reading a couple of reviews. Oh the enablers... what to do!?

Love the way you capture the sheen in your pics Bhavna. The shading is superb too.

This color is the best in this collection, closely followed by Cornflower.

Love the way you capture the sheen in your pics Bhavna. The shading is superb too.

This color is the best in this collection, closely followed by Cornflower.

Thank you. I am glad you like the inks. Yes I do love sheen and it is quite a deal to capture it!

I've got Pansy in a really wet flex at the moment, and it's *lovely*. The dry time is especially good if, like me, you're using not-terribly-absorbent paper. The weather here's been terrible so I haven't been able to look at it under bright sunlight, which is usually the best way to see sheen: but I've found that turning the little white LED on the back of my phone on using a Torch app and shining that at it at an angle shows it up BEAUTIFULLY. It's really gold and sparkly.

(Buggered if I can photograph it accurately, though - what's your secret, Bhavna?)

I've got Pansy in a really wet flex at the moment, and it's *lovely*. The dry time is especially good if, like me, you're using not-terribly-absorbent paper. The weather here's been terrible so I haven't been able to look at it under bright sunlight, which is usually the best way to see sheen: but I've found that turning the little white LED on the back of my phone on using a Torch app and shining that at it at an angle shows it up BEAUTIFULLY. It's really gold and sparkly.

(Buggered if I can photograph it accurately, though - what's your secret, Bhavna?)

Weird angles at the window when the sun is out. I wonder what the neighbours think....? I like your LED Torch approach!

• 1 month later...

This collection is just fabulous. Thank you for sharing!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY