Brandon Is Back ...

Xof72000

:excl: Just in case, I wanted to warn Ebay sellers and other members here that had to face Brandon Cifani scams (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/2595-Brandon-Cifani-is-engaged-in-fraud or https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/249233-58/?p=2739887) that he is back on Ebay using the name of "reviewerjeff"...

:angry:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• Penne Stilografiche

• Xof72000

• BMG

Below is a link to his ebay profile page, I know I will make sure to block him from bidding on any of my items.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=reviewerjeff&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Just to add in, "Penister" as well as "Pen-Lover" were in fact usernames used by Brandon Cifani here. I had realized that the member "balson" had stated in the "58" thread that Penister had shared a link to his blog with him. I contacted balson to see what this link was. He not only responded with the link(http://penspensandmorepens.blogspot.com/) but he told me that Penister had tried to sell him a Waterman 412 using the email address brandon15926@gmail.com. That email address is one that Brandon is known to use and that link brings you to a blog that Brandon Cifani owns. I guess he will never stop trying to deceive others.

—Oscar Wilde

I clicked on the ebay feedback link only to find that "reviewerjeff" is no longer a registered user. I can only think he's adopted another moniker and moved on to more fraudulent activities.

I clicked on the ebay feedback link only to find that "reviewerjeff" is no longer a registered user. I can only think he's adopted another moniker and moved on to more fraudulent activities.

Really? He was there yesterday when I looked.

Do you think he looked on here, saw this thread, then moved on?

Really? He was there yesterday when I looked.

Do you think he looked on here, saw this thread, then moved on?

No, the only way that could of happened is if he was kicked off by ebay. It takes over a month to delete your own ebay account.

—Oscar Wilde

I received yesterday the information from Ebay saying "he was no longer a Ebay member" (but without more detail about the reasons).

I was on case with him on Ebay / Paypal, has he wanted fraudulently a refund and I gave some informations about who he was really, so I can imagine this has been used by Ebay to close down his account.

prosecute him in court and file him for fraud

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 weeks later...

I gave some informations about who he was really, so I can imagine this has been used by Ebay to close down his account.

This is probably the case as all of his accounts (reviewer and penmaney) were both banned on the same day. Hopefully they ip blocked him from making another ebay account.

—Oscar Wilde

• 1 year later...

I see that this thread is about a year old. I'm dealing with Brandon Cifani on eBay right now - as do.char (Charlie Dog) from Michigan. Strung me out on paying until I opened a case. I had a bad feeling about this guy from the beginning (repeatedly asking me questions that I had answered and wanting me to end auctions to sell him the pens - uh, no), and when I saw his name, I decided to ask Google - and saw all those other threads (actually, I'd seen the one on fpgeeks months ago).

What would you do in my situation? I want to refund his money, but what do I tell eBay? I don't want to deal with this guy. Am I allowed to reserve the right not to deal with specific buyers?

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

if memory serves, you can block certain buyers from bidding on any item you are selling.

I'd contact ebay directly and see what your options are....

good luck!

P.S. I've got to ask - what pens are you offering on ebay?

I see that this thread is about a year old. I'm dealing with Brandon Cifani on eBay right now - as do.char (Charlie Dog) from Michigan. Strung me out on paying until I opened a case. I had a bad feeling about this guy from the beginning (repeatedly asking me questions that I had answered and wanting me to end auctions to sell him the pens - uh, no), and when I saw his name, I decided to ask Google - and saw all those other threads (actually, I'd seen the one on fpgeeks months ago).

What would you do in my situation? I want to refund his money, but what do I tell eBay? I don't want to deal with this guy. Am I allowed to reserve the right not to deal with specific buyers?

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

I don't know what you can do at this point, aside from querying eBay. They may be responsive, given his history, which you can point them to in this and other threads. FWIW, I have found the eBay folks to be easy to deal with and responsive when it comes to problems like this.

To avoid future problems, you can block him from bidding on your auctions.

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

I have cancelled the order and refunded his payments. I will provide these threads (fpgeeks, fountain pen board, and fpn) as reasons to eBay.

Just so's you all know that this guy's latest screenname on eBay is do.char. Seems iike he has had many screennames.

Thanks for the link for blocking. That was my next step. Appreciate it.

etherX in To Miasto

if memory serves, you can block certain buyers from bidding on any item you are selling.

I'd contact ebay directly and see what your options are....

good luck!

P.S. I've got to ask - what pens are you offering on ebay?

Ah. Didn't see this question. My name on eBay is terranautrix. I can't change the location of my account, but I'm in Poland currently, so while I'm in Poland, I'm shipping from here. My Polish pen friends ship pens internationally without problems.

etherX in To Miasto

Looks like the refund was accepted, but how do I tell eBay the reason? I was given only two options, and the first one was "out of stock or other reasons." It was the only one that applied. I thought I'd have to specify the reason - and I would like to.

etherX in To Miasto

P.S. Thank you, FP community (here and elsewhere), for providing such warnings. I can only surmise that Brandon Cifani will change his eBay name again.

etherX in To Miasto

Looks like the refund was accepted, but how do I tell eBay the reason? I was given only two options, and the first one was "out of stock or other reasons." It was the only one that applied. I thought I'd have to specify the reason - and I would like to.

For problems like these, I have always called. You may have to hold a few minutes to get somebody, but you will and IME they are helpful and responsive. Their customer service number is (866) 540-3229. Don't know if it's toll free from Poland.

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras