Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Italix

parsons essential captains commission churchmans prescriptor originalis

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 pjford

pjford

Italix at MrPen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2014 - 13:49

We have introduced the Parson's Essential with a solid 18k gold nib (medium non italic) £79.50 plus VAT.

flowlittle.png                    www.mrpen.co.uk

#122 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2014 - 22:09

Do I understand correctly that all models are now either standard M 18ct gold nib, OR a choice of steel italic/oblique/stub etc options (Calligraphy nibs)?

And would it be possible to buy the M gold nib plus a few additional steel "calligraphy-nibs", as I understand (from your cleaning video) it is very easy to remove the nib and feed and replace them.?

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#123 pjford

pjford

Italix at MrPen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:24

Do I understand correctly that all models are now either standard M 18ct gold nib, OR a choice of steel italic/oblique/stub etc options (Calligraphy nibs)?

And would it be possible to buy the M gold nib plus a few additional steel "calligraphy-nibs", as I understand (from your cleaning video) it is very easy to remove the nib and feed and replace them.?

D.ick

We do not supply just nibs, but nib units. It does not make sense to collect nib units for the pens, £29 is the cost of the basic plated version, lot more for gold.

#124 FountainPages

FountainPages

Runs with Sharp Pens...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 00:22

Peter, I remember once how irritated you were over a cancelled order just a few months back. I told you I would order again when I was financially more able to. I have kept that promise and ordered the P.E. in fine cursive italic. I do apologize for that cancellation but it was best for me at the time. I hope to have redeemed myself and hope to order more in the future.

Best Regards,

Eadward

#125 pjford

pjford

Italix at MrPen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:35

Peter, I remember once how irritated you were over a cancelled order just a few months back. I told you I would order again when I was financially more able to. I have kept that promise and ordered the P.E. in fine cursive italic. I do apologize for that cancellation but it was best for me at the time. I hope to have redeemed myself and hope to order more in the future.

Best Regards,

Eadward

I traced your original order it had already been packed and franked at the time so we had to lose the £10 postage, so no I was not delirious. I am bound to say that the FPN is not really the place for this.

#126 Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon

Pen Quest

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 16:08

I traced your original order it had already been packed and franked at the time so we had to lose the £10 postage, so no I was not delirious. I am bound to say that the FPN is not really the place for this.

I agree. That comment should have been in a PM, and not on a forum. I think you demonstrated grace and congeniality just for allowing the order to be cancelled after applying the postage.

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

#127 pjford

pjford

Italix at MrPen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:34

I agree. That comment should have been in a PM, and not on a forum. I think you demonstrated grace and congeniality just for allowing the order to be cancelled after applying the postage.

Thank you for your comment, I would not have responded at all to 'fountain pages' but the inference was that we were reluctant to accept a cancellation, which would be far from the truth. Customers online have to feel that a supplier would not prove difficult or unhelpful in such circumstances.

#128 webbski

webbski

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:28

Hi, do you have any plans to introduce gold nibs on anything other than medium?

thanks

#129 pjford

pjford

Italix at MrPen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:30

Hi, do you have any plans to introduce gold nibs on anything other than medium?

thanks

No plans yet, we have to see how the medium in gold sells.

#130 chas0039

chas0039

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2014 - 21:50

I would like to see a very dark blue, what I call midnight blue. Just plain lacquered.

There are some blue pens, but these are more medium blue ones, like your marbled.

D.ick

Just look at the Parker Centenial Blue Lapis and match it. I like the blue marble I have, but it is too washed out and disappointing..

If I get another, I'll avoid washed out colors. Navy, Burgandy, Dark Green, all solid strong colors that would get me interested agan.

#131 pjford

pjford

Italix at MrPen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:13

Hi, we are planning a new fountain pen, or rather an old one. Some of you may recall that Sigma Pen Co in the UK used to produce a fountain pen called the 'Style' . When  it first came out ten years or so ago, it was beautiful. Entirely hand made in England, beautiful cut threads, and touches like a tiny spring in the barrel to retain the cap when posted. It went down hill a bit, when the pen's production was transferred to Taiwan and expired when the costs got a bit out of control. We have obtained the exclusive rights to the 'Style' design and we are going to have it produced again in the UK, at exactly the same workshops in Sussex where it was originally produced. We plan to offer our usual range of italic and cursive options. The new version will be called the 'English Clerical' and we plan to introduce it around January time 2015. Price has not been decided but we will know that, when the final costings are completed. Will keep you advised.

#132 TSherbs

TSherbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 14:11

cool

keepin it fresh