129 replies to this topic

#61 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 19:18

that would have made a much better musical too!

NNSbadge.png

#62 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2013 - 21:35

Those look great! Would it be possible to get a bigger picture, Mr. Ford?  The marbling in the design is rather hard to see is why I ask.

Incidentally, here is the picture of the new pens, for everyone to check out:

t_green%20and%20burgundy.jpg

There is no marbling these are plain polished lacquer.

#63 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 21:51

Since these will be available in time for Christmas (I think that was the target, right?), will there also be versions later- next year perhaps- that are marbled as well?  Just thinking of how they would all look in a 5 pen set ^_~

NNSbadge.png

#64 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2013 - 21:55

Since these will be available in time for Christmas (I think that was the target, right?), will there also be versions later- next year perhaps- that are marbled as well?  Just thinking of how they would all look in a 5 pen set ^_~

Yes, will think seriously about that.

#65 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:03

I hope so! That would be one heck of a set there- the classic black and then all 4 marbled colored versions (or maybe even a 5th one if you ever decide to do another color- a really vibrant purple ^_~)!

NNSbadge.png

#66 N2theBreach

N2theBreach

Still learning

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:38

I do like the new colors.  I was going to put a black on my Christmas list because it has classic looks that I could take to a professional meeting at any level (in addition to its legendary nib qualities).  Now I have to choose between the black and the burgundy.  They both fill the bill.

#67 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:49

I know right N2theBreach?  That burgundy is calling my name...

NNSbadge.png

#68 OldGreyGuy

OldGreyGuy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:20

I know right N2theBreach?  That burgundy is calling my name...

Mmmmm, very nice.

#69 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:24

The burgundy with new CultPens/Diamine Deep Dark Red ink. Lovely!

SnailBadge.png

#70 OldGreyGuy

OldGreyGuy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 22:24

The burgundy with new CultPens/Diamine Deep Dark Red ink. Lovely!

There is a red?

Looks like a Green as well. Didn't know about those, thanks.

#71 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2013 - 16:51

Does anyone know when the new P.E. colours will go on sale?

SnailBadge.png

#72 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2013 - 16:53

Does anyone know when the new P.E. colours will go on sale?

Late November, but I have still to hear from factory so will confirm later. MrPen

#73 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2013 - 16:54

Great - thank you for your quick reply.

SnailBadge.png

#74 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2013 - 16:58

Mr Ford

Just another quick question. Have you thought about pre-ordering?  I'm betting quite a few people on here would welcome the opportunity.

thanks

Marie

SnailBadge.png

#75 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:01

Mr Ford

Just another quick question. Have you thought about pre-ordering?  I'm betting quite a few people on here would welcome the opportunity.

thanks

Marie

Yes, we always offer that and usually at 10% discount, but we need factory confirmation of delivery first. Customers do not appreciate us taking orders without an accurate delivery date. MrPen

#76 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:07

Thanks again. I'll keep my eyes open, ready to press that order button :-)

SnailBadge.png

#77 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:31

you and me both migo984!

NNSbadge.png

#78 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:01

The delivery time for our new Parson's Essential Green and Burgundy models is the 3rd of December, we are offering 10% discount for advanced orders. MrPen

#79 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 13:29

Fab! Will be ordering tonight :) 

SnailBadge.png

#80 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 18:21

great news! I made sure to post this at the Virtual Pen Posse as well.

NNSbadge.png

#81 andymcc

andymcc

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2013 - 17:53

I'm really liking the look of the new colours, I'll probably add the burgundy to go with my amber :-)

One question(or request?) I have is about the nib sizes of the parson's essential, as every manufacturers italic and stub nibs vary seeing a writing comparison of them would be really helpful.

#82 OldGreyGuy

OldGreyGuy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:27

I'm really liking the look of the new colours, I'll probably add the burgundy to go with my amber :-)
One question(or request?) I have is about the nib sizes of the parson's essential, as every manufacturers italic and stub nibs vary seeing a writing comparison of them would be really helpful.

I'd like to see that as well, I have a PE with the medium italic, very smooth but I would love to see if someone has a medium stub and a sample from it.

#83 Fabienne

Fabienne

Et nunc, aliquid plene diversum!

• Member - Gold

• 1,996 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:50

Episcopal purple?

An excellent suggestion. Take a look.

Edited by Fabienne, 20 November 2013 - 12:52.

monamonamonalil.jpg

#84 OldGreyGuy

OldGreyGuy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:29

I'd like to see that as well, I have a PE with the medium italic, very smooth but I would love to see if someone has a medium stub and a sample from it.

My question was answered in another thread, link included here for completeness in case anyone reads this.

http://www.fountainp...sons-essential/

#85 SimonJamesLucas

SimonJamesLucas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 21:47

Rather excited, I have a Captains Commission, c/w italic broad nib, on the way to me as a fiftieth birthbay present from Mrs L. I have some reservations about laquered (painted) metal pens but I just fell in love with the looks of this and I've wanted to try an Italix fountain pen for a few years now. The positive comments in this thread swung the arguement to go for it.

ps. This is my first post on the FPN for a couple of years I think, not sure what I've been doing, life and all that huh?

#86 SimonJamesLucas

SimonJamesLucas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 20:53

It's arrived, so what do I think? I've never done a review of a pen before but here's my own mini review of the Captains Commission by Italix;

1) Looks. For a pen that contradicts my normal taste in fountain pens so totally, I'm amazed. I'm not keen on lacquered or painted metal as a rule or two colour pens i.e.. shiny metal caps and coloured barrels but this looks so, so good, even better in reality than in the pictures.

2) Feel. Yes, it's a little top heavy with the cap posted but I have reasonably large hands and for the couple of sides of A4 I've written already, I find no stress or ache, in fact holding the section high up as I tend to, I rather like balance overall.

3) Quality. I can honestly say (especially in this price bracket), I really cannot fault it. In fact, resting in my hand, turning it around, so the lovely chrome plated, engine turned cap catches the light, it simply shouts quality (no not shouts, speaks firmly in a calm voice one cannot ignore, it is the Captains Commission after all). Both the screw cap and barrel are immaculately finished and the generously sized nib perfectly aligned with the feed. Inside the barrel is a very decent sized Schimdt converter and the sprung clip on the cap looks and feels as if it would stand up to some serious use.

4) Performance. I have read one or two comments to the effect that Italix pens write a little on the dry side, not this one, the ink flow is perfect (filled with Diamine Ink btw) and this is feeding a broad italic nib, that just glides across the paper. A testament to the person doing the grinding having a deep understanding of pens and nibs. So as with quality, I really cannot fault it.

5) Value for money. I've loved and used fountain pens for more than forty years and like many on this forum, I have, shall we just say a few.... This is undoubtedly the best new pen I have ever bought for this price, undercutting my beloved but alas no longer available Sigma Style by at least ten pounds, although the Sigma did come with the plus point of resin rather than metal cap and barrel. The Captains Commission is punching way above it's (not inconsiderable) weight.

Sum up. Well I'm not going to say ten out of ten but that's actually me being churlish because I normally, as said, I'm not a lover of metal pens and yes perhaps it's a wee bit top heavy, so nine and half out of ten.... but believe me, it's blooming brilliant!

#87 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 22:52

It's arrived, so what do I think? I've never done a review of a pen before but here's my own mini review of the Captains Commission by Italix;

1) Looks. For a pen that contradicts my normal taste in fountain pens so totally, I'm amazed. I'm not keen on lacquered or painted metal as a rule or two colour pens i.e.. shiny metal caps and coloured barrels but this looks so, so good, even better in reality than in the pictures.

2) Feel. Yes, it's a little top heavy with the cap posted but I have reasonably large hands and for the couple of sides of A4 I've written already, I find no stress or ache, in fact holding the section high up as I tend to, I rather like balance overall.

3) Quality. I can honestly say (especially in this price bracket), I really cannot fault it. In fact, resting in my hand, turning it around, so the lovely chrome plated, engine turned cap catches the light, it simply shouts quality (no not shouts, speaks firmly in a calm voice one cannot ignore, it is the Captains Commission after all). Both the screw cap and barrel are immaculately finished and the generously sized nib perfectly aligned with the feed. Inside the barrel is a very decent sized Schimdt converter and the sprung clip on the cap looks and feels as if it would stand up to some serious use.

4) Performance. I have read one or two comments to the effect that Italix pens write a little on the dry side, not this one, the ink flow is perfect (filled with Diamine Ink btw) and this is feeding a broad italic nib, that just glides across the paper. A testament to the person doing the grinding having a deep understanding of pens and nibs. So as with quality, I really cannot fault it.

5) Value for money. I've loved and used fountain pens for more than forty years and like many on this forum, I have, shall we just say a few.... This is undoubtedly the best new pen I have ever bought for this price, undercutting my beloved but alas no longer available Sigma Style by at least ten pounds, although the Sigma did come with the plus point of resin rather than metal cap and barrel. The Captains Commission is punching way above it's (not inconsiderable) weight.

Sum up. Well I'm not going to say ten out of ten but that's actually me being churlish because I normally, as said, I'm not a lover of metal pens and yes perhaps it's a wee bit top heavy, so nine and half out of ten.... but believe me, it's blooming brilliant!

What a terrific review, thank you. MrPen

#88 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2013 - 21:01

Those look great! Would it be possible to get a bigger picture, Mr. Ford?  The marbling in the design is rather hard to see is why I ask.

Incidentally, here is the picture of the new pens, for everyone to check out:

t_green%20and%20burgundy.jpg

There is no marbling these are plain polished lacquer.

Our stock is due, on time on Monday the 2nd of December. We will dispatch all the orders over Monday and Tuesday. Thank you for all your support on the new additional colours of the Parson's. MrPen

#89 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• 1,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2013 - 22:03

Our stock is due, on time on Monday the 2nd of December. We will dispatch all the orders over Monday and Tuesday. Thank you for all your support on the new additional colours of the Parson's. MrPen

Great! Can't wait for my burgundy PE :) 

SnailBadge.png

#90 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 22:48

That is great news Peter!

NNSbadge.png