#1 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 13:09

As we speed towards Christmas we at Italix have to decide on any additions to the colours offered for the Italix Parson's Essential. Currently we offer marbled finishes in Blue and Amber. We also offer plain piano lacquered Black, all pens have gold trim. Also we would like to use this topic for anyone that wishes to comment on our pens, we will do our best to post answers regularly. Peter Ford at www.mrpen.co.uk

#2 RuiFromUK

RuiFromUK

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 13:14

Hi Peter,

As a big fan of the Italix pens I really would like to see them in dark green possibly with gold trimmings, specially the Parson's Essential.

Many thanks,

Rui

Kind regards,

Rui

#3 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 13:42

I would like to see a very dark blue, what I call midnight blue. Just plain lacquered.

There are some blue pens, but these are more medium blue ones, like your marbled.

D.ick

The FPN-Stipula LE 2011 and 2012, too .:

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#4 mgm1988

mgm1988

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 14:45

I just bought an Amber Parson a few weeks ago and I am very satisfied with it. However, I could easily be tempted to add to my collection by a dark green or a red one (surely, cardinal red?)

"In his physiognomy there were what seemed traces of many passions which his will had disciplined but which seemed to have frozen those features they had now ceased to animate."
Il Nome della Rosa, Umberto Eco

#5 dragondazd

dragondazd

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 15:37

Marbled green and red!

And maybe purple

#6 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 15:59

Episcopal purple?

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4.8

#7 Pengrump

Pengrump

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 16:03

I have the amber and the blue Parson's (as well as a Captain's Commission).  I'd love to have another Parson's--in either  dark red/burgundy.  I'm still planning on getting the black, just not right now.

I love Italix pens.  I just find them incredibly usable pens. Of course, the pocket clip on the Parson's gives me fits, and I'm glad the Captain's is easier to use.

Edited by Pengrump, 11 September 2013 - 16:04.

#8 brgmarketing

brgmarketing

Transition Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 16:39

When I buy in the near future, my preference will be for the Amber first, then blue. Not sure after that...

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#9 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 5,416 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 19:54

Hard Rubber

#10 Wirtsw

Wirtsw

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 20:54

I have two black Essentials, one marbled blue, and one marbled amber (yes, I am an Italix junkie).  The amber is my go-to pen.  I would religh a dark green marbled and probably a red marbled as well.  Run either or both upo the flagpole, and I will gladly salute.

#11 dragondazd

dragondazd

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 00:10

I have the amber 1.3mm and was planning to buy the blue in a smaller nib size later this year. Guess I should wait to see what the other color(s) will be. There's a good chance I'll end up with the blue anyway.

#12 Houston

Houston

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:20

+1 for Episco-purple! ...or deep plum. ...or aubergine.

I would buy another Parson's and a Churchman's if they came in that kind of shade.

(Love my black Parson's already. Only think I don't like is the inherent conservatism of the colour.)

#13 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:07

I think you will find that a LOT of people want a purple pen, myself included.  But I also think a deep red (burgundy or bordeaux, dark crimson, etc.) would be an excellent color, especially with the marbling effect that the amber and blue have.  Of course, expanding the color choices to the other lines like the CP and CC is a great idea!  I still need to get my first PE, but other things have to happen first for me to have the funds.  If these new colors are released before then (in time for the holidays), I just know my choice will be so much harder.

NNSbadge.png

#14 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:27

We use a purple for our Italix 'Originalis' and it is very popular, so that may be a very good option. We have a nice vivid green available and a powder red, both of these in the marbled effect. On a routine note, we have just gone out of stock of the blue, no more expected until 11th October or thereabouts. We keep increasing our numbers on all Italix pens but the sales are still rising very steeply. It is really nice to see Lorna and Harlequin have joined this forum, I always search for their comments on FPN, always so incisive. Lorna most of all, for reviewing the Parson's a good while ago and triggering an already successful product to go ballistic. Peter at MrPen

#15 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:12

I think it's great that you are here Mr. Ford; being a part of the community is probably the best way to not only let people know about Italix, but I think it gives a retailer a wonderful resource and link to the people they are hoping to serve.  I have to say the PE is one of the first pens I almost always recommend to anyone who is asking (the other being a Sheaffer NoNonense ^_~).  In at least one occasion, it ended up being the pen the person got- based on my recommendation!  How cool is that??

NNSbadge.png

#16 Edwaroth

Edwaroth

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:49

The best colour ever, British Racing Green.

#17 GRJP

GRJP

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:52

I'm planning to get one of these, since I've heard so many good things about it, so I'll add that I would love to have one in a deep red, with chrome clip and band... oh, and while I'm asking... can it be the band with the knot? :)

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

#18 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2013 - 15:48

I'm planning to get one of these, since I've heard so many good things about it, so I'll add that I would love to have one in a deep red, with chrome clip and band... oh, and while I'm asking... can it be the band with the knot? :)

Yes, we plan to keep the knot. MrPen

Edited by pjford, 12 September 2013 - 15:48.

#19 dragondazd

dragondazd

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 16:31

Wow... just noticed the Originalis comes with THREE NIBS? Will have to see which colors don't end up repeating :D

#20 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:57

Maybe I'll add an Italix PE button to my signature, like my NNS button.  Hmmm....

NNSbadge.png

#21 N2theBreach

N2theBreach

Still learning

• Member - Gold

• 891 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:46

Thanks for starting this thread. I think open discussion between producers and the user community is great. It builds loyalty and understanding, rather than the tension that so often characterizes customer/producer interactions.

Glad to hear sales are going well. How many businesses can say that in this economy?

Oh, almost forgot, another vote here for a marbled burgundy and/or a nice marbled forest green, or Br. Racing Green. Having said that, I think my first PE will be black. I only have a few pens, none of which have its understated elegance for formal settings.

Edited by N2theBreach, 13 September 2013 - 02:50.

#22 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:05

Maybe I'll add an Italix PE button to my signature, like my NNS button.  Hmmm....

I have only worked for two pen companies, Italix and Sheaffer. Sheaffer back in the 1970's. In those days Parker was the premier brand and Sheaffer its close rival.

#23 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 18:53

Seeing how you worked for Sheaffer, it comes as no surprise that the Italix line is really so great.  Quality then, quality now.

NNSbadge.png

#24 lalindsay225

lalindsay225

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 835 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 20:14

These look like very nice pens.  I will definitely purchase a Parson's Essential when funds allow.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

#25 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,710 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:47

Hi mr Ford

When will these new colour(s) be on the market?

I was considering your offer of a trio of PE pens, but I suppose now the blue is temporarily not available the trio will not be available ass well? And will it be possible later to make a choice of the colours for the trio, once more colours become available?

if I may pose a side-question here: for that trio I would consider three different size italics --- or stubs....

And there is my question: the terms Stub and Italic are not used in the same way everywhere.

Personally I make a distinction :       

Round (=normal) -- Stub ("oval") -- Cursive italic (rounded edges) -- Crisp italic (sharp edges)

On your website I see Stub and Italic.  I would like a cursive italic, so with slightly rounded edges. Would I need your stub or your italic?

Thanks

D.ick

The FPN-Stipula LE 2011 and 2012, too .:

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#26 pjford

pjford

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:55

Hi mr Ford

When will these new colour(s) be on the market?

I was considering your offer of a trio of PE pens, but I suppose now the blue is temporarily not available the trio will not be available ass well? And will it be possible later to make a choice of the colours for the trio, once more colours become available?

if I may pose a side-question here: for that trio I would consider three different size italics --- or stubs....

And there is my question: the terms Stub and Italic are not used in the same way everywhere.

Personally I make a distinction :       

Round (=normal) -- Stub ("oval") -- Cursive italic (rounded edges) -- Crisp italic (sharp edges)

On your website I see Stub and Italic.  I would like a cursive italic, so with slightly rounded edges. Would I need your stub or your italic?

Thanks

D.ick

Not all the colours suggested will be produced, as a small company we have to be cautious, maybe one or two additions this year.

With regard to nibs, our stub is rounded at the tip, the italic is straight cut. However if a customer had a specific requirement we would do our best the produce the nib for them, this would depend on the limits of the nib as we produce most from the basis of a standard medium. MrPen

#27 jetsam

jetsam

Thank God my head has two sides

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:54

.... Sheaffer, ......Quality then, quality now.

Couldn't agree more.

My favourite colour on any pen is always burgandy.

#28 TSherbs

TSherbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 877 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 13:35

I am hooked on the amber look for now (and this pen will be my Christmas request), but now I might be tempted by another color....decisions, decisions....

#29 Cerbervs

Cerbervs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2013 - 22:56

I would love to see any of the colors in a rhodium trim.

#30 stevekolt

stevekolt

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 00:54

I have the Parsons Essential 3, in Amber, Blue, and Black. Would gladly order another set in red, green, and brown. Just my humble opinion...