Identification Help On 2 Odd Pens (No Brand Shown)?

E. Mew

I got a couple of pens at the Brimfield Antique Market that are almost certainly cheapos, but they looked cool/interesting. One appears to be an older demonstrator, and the other is a mini that converts in an unusual way.

Here's the two capped:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/9697208128_40b48ab571_z.jpg

Uncapped:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2840/9697208530_fe61191de4_z.jpg

The short one posted:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3778/9697208420_86dc5ef543_z.jpg

The demonstrator nib:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3808/9697208368_45a7cf9540_z.jpg

The short one's nib:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5526/9693979873_614c5ff192_z.jpg

General description:

The demonstrator has an international screw converter. The tip is unmarked, but instead of being tipped, the end of the nib is crimped to make the ball shape underneath. The plastic feels... older. Light and kind of cheap, more clear plastic toy feeling than resin-y feeling that I get from modern demonstrators, even the cheapos from China/India.

The mini has "Iridium Point F-GERMANY" written on it. This is a very heavy, metal pen. The nib has a lot of flex to it, not quite as much as a Noodler's flex nib, but way flexier than anything else I have.

Any help in narrowing down where they're from/how old they are would be appreciated :) I've been looking around for a while, and I've identified all the other pens I picked up, but these are still total mysteries!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bennett

• E. Mew

• kidde

• Lamyrada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure about the demonstrator. However, regarding the black mini fountain pen, I have a similar styled model that is Italian. I think the brand name was Stilisa. The nib on my version is quite different bit the clip and body are exactly the same. I got mine on the Bay. Owner said the pen was purchased in late 70s or early 80s. Hope this helps.

• 11 months later...

I was told mine, which is brown, was a Yafa Barrage by Stilisa, whatever that means. I can put this pen head to head with any $200 pen and it wins. Never skips, starts always even after been unused for 8 years at least. I placed a new cartridge and it started like a champ. Mine was a gift and don't know where it was bought, but i think it was somewhere in California. i cannot take care of her enough; it is nice looking and not ashamed of being different.

The demonstrator nib is similar to Reynolds/India. The odd thing to me is how smoothly the six or so I've used have written. I don't recognize any other piece, but the nib looks pretty close.

post-109411-0-92550300-1407961592_thumb.jpg

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn