What Parker Are You Using This Day?

Rockyrod

I just got this in the mail today. It's actually gray, and a darker gray than I expected. I like it, though. It writes really smooth, and I may leave one of the Hero pens at home tomorrow.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/gweimer/0729141734-00_zps68fdd36f.jpg

Edited by gweimer1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Eduardo

• inkstainedruth

• william2001

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only Parker that got used today was the 51 Special.

The Pelikans were getting grumpy and wanted to come out and play. So I accommodated a couple of them.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I am the only one around here using a Parker 61?

:\

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

Parker 51 Vac, Dove Grey I just refurbed. Waterman Black, fine NIB.

Body is discolored like i have seen on a few. UV exposure i would guess.

Seth

Doing my homework with my Sonnet and 75.

So much left, but I think I'll be fine.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

I'm putting 2 Parkers into the daily mix

'53 Parker 51 w/P.R. Ultra Black

Parker 21 w/P.R. Tanzanite

Going back to my favorite modern pen today, the Pilot Metro for the morning and then my Blue 51 Aero this afternoon.

Seth

Edited by Ceefuhs

I am not a huge fan of this 45's nib as I prefer a really fine point; which is why I will be using a 21 for the rest of the day. I'll post that 1 tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Matt

I think I'll be fine with the Parker Sonnet for the rest of the day.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Black 51 Special, Gold Nib, Fine, with Quink Blue - Black. The first 51 I purchased.

Seth

Alex - wow, gorgeous pen!

Today in my pocket is a 25 into which I just swapped a fine nib and tightened the clip. Perhaps too tight now, I think it will crush paper to half thickness!

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

It will be the usual two:

Parker 51 w/Waterman black

Parker 21 w/P.R. Tanzanite

I'm thinking that I will keep the Hero pens in my office, with a supply of ink, on a permanent basis. I won't have to carry around so many pens that way.

Something which has not been out of the box in a looooong time.

My 1926ish Parker 'Big Red Duofold. When I bought it from Rick Propas a few years ago he told me he thought the big stub nib was a retip. Regardless, It's a user grade pen and a ton of fun to skate across the page with. I got a sample of Cult Pens Deep Dark red (thank you Migo!) and am playing around with that. I think of all the dark reds I have tried in search of' "THE" dark red this might come closest to the picture in my head.

Just now able to try some of my new ink samples, I spent most of last week outside Phoenix for work, I noticed that it was hot there. It's a nice place to visit, but feels good to be back in the Pacific Northwest.

PS: Alex, LOVE the Mandarin, That's what I want when I grow up.