What Parker Are You Using This Day?

Rockyrod

Bright blue UK made Vector, F nib with Diamine Flower Collection Bougainvillea. This is one of the wetter writing Fs, although not quite the firehose of my original one; plus, the ink is definitely one that qualifies for the "keeper" category. So a really felicitous combination.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: Hey, and it's my 3700! So congrats to both William2001 and me!

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Eduardo

• inkstainedruth

• william2001

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DDC.jpg

Daddy's day card. Parker 45 Deluxe, 14k Mike Masuyama Stubby CI, Diamine Asa Blue.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Parker 75 Flighter GT (single tassie)

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

My all time everyday pen: Black Parker Sonnet with fine nib.

I am also using a Gold Parker 75 with a extra fine nib.

I have two Parker 51s and a Parker 180.

The only non-Parker on my desk is a Pilot with medium nib.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

This one here is in the rotation after many years sitting in a dusty pencup:

http://i61.tinypic.com/30ucl0m.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

I received my recently purchased Sonnet, stainless steel with gold trim. Flushed it and inked it with the cartridge that came with it. medium-nibbed, it writes smoothly. But it skipped. Drat that. Lest I panic, and thinking it might be the cartridge, I flushed it again and used Noodlers Black and the converter. Behaving nicely.

Put the still full Quink black cartridge in a "45" and it seems to be working fine in that pen, though the color seems a little off.

I always have same pens on my desk.

It's going to stay that way for a while...

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Today, it's a pen I just can't seem to put down for long... a 1943 Azure Blue Vac Major full of 1940's Permanent Quink Royal Blue. It's the pen front and center in my avatar.

To me, this pen looks (and smells) just like a fountain pen should.

ken

Edited by loudkenny

Ok are ya ready for this one? I am using a Parker Inflection made only in the UK.......It at has a Broad nib and it is mustard yellow in color! I am guessing that it was made in the. Mid 90's? And I. Only paid 20 for it off of Pentrace and she writes like a Gem! I really like her......

A burgundy 1938 Vac oversize that I picked up in Edinburgh 20 years ago. I remembered the anniversary and took it out today for a walk ;)

8339573697_ae9061ecfd_c.jpg

Edited by penmanila

Check out my blog and my pens

It's the same thing every day.

Why? Because these are my favorites. :)

It's going to stay that way until the cows come home.

-William S. Park

Today it was the 45, with De Atramentis Apple Blossom. A really nice combination. The medium nib is pretty juicy, and the ink shades nicely on better paper (it's also not as pale a color as I feared it would be, so I'm really pleased; my wallet, however, not so much.... ;))

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Parker 61 turquoise/gf cap - capillary filler

Parker 61 Jet Flighter DeLuxe - C/C

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

This week I seem to have settled on an emerald vac and a grey 51 vac with a worn gold cap. It is funny to me that the more "vintage" looking vacumatic is actually a year newer than the 51!

Have a great day,

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

It's the same thing every day.

Why? Because these are my favorites. :)

-William S. Park

1929 Streamlined Duofold in jade with a fine nib and Montblanc Honore de Balzac ink.

This is my daily pen!

I also have a 51 Special in my pocket filled with Ishorizuku Kon-Peki

Yay Parker!

Pens: 1929 Parker Duofold Sr., Parker "51" Special, S.T. Dupont Montparnasse, Lamy 2000, Platinum #3776 "C," TWBSI 580, Lamy Safari Neon Yellow, Sheaffer, Feathertouch, Targa and Targa Slim

My Plum Parker 51 and Azure Blue Pearl Vac for my morning journal (had to finish up the last page with the Vac because the 51 actually had run dry! (Of course I fixed that later in the morning! :lol:) Inks used were diluted PR Ebony Purple (in the 51) and De Atramentis Red Roses (in the Vac).

Later in the day, one of the Vectors, with dilute Diamine Flower Collection Bougainvillea (because I was too lazy to flush out the pen last week...).

Today I used a Parker Coronet pencil to mark the 2 x 4's that I had to cut.