What Parker Are You Using This Day?

Rockyrod

My main Parker: the Sonnet black with fine nib.

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Eduardo

• inkstainedruth

• william2001

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An absolutely gorgeous dark and light burgundy English Victory Mk 1 from the very early 1940s purchased from eBay seller fishingmullet. I filled it with Ottoman Rose in honor of all the employees who set such high standards for pen manufacture at the recently demolished Newhaven facility. This little beauty has a medium semi-flex nib that just glides and glides...

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Black Vacumatic, I think it's a Slender Maxima, blue diamond clip, barrel date code 1. with speedline filler and firm, USA made arrow 'A' nib - not sure if it qualifies as a 'special purpose point superfine long nib' or not, because there is no sign of the stars mentioned in the references, but they could be hidden by the section.

Glenn.

I am using my everyday black Parker Sonnet with fine nib for my school homework... and I just wrote a wrong word on my worksheet. Oops.

I will use my ancient Parker 180 soon because I am bored using my Sonnet every day.

I am also using another ancient Parker, but I do not know the name of it. I will post something later asking the model of my Parker.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

I mentioned in another thread that I had a NOS Parker 45 which I purchased in 2012 reground from a B (ball) nib to stub. Obviously this is not a grail pen but that simple and cheap modification ($30.00 regrind ... more than doubled the price of the pen) has moved this pen up from pack fill (bike racing terminology) to a regular in the rotation, or maybe one of the daily carries. I have never had the nerve to leave a FP in my desk at work but this may be the one (though I'd have to hide it in the back of the drawer amongst the clutter. At any rate I'm enjoying getting to know it's nuances: not too broad but enough to show line width variation and give my hen scratch some character.

And if I could recall how to insert pics I'd post a few to show it off. Pretty standard fare, navy blue barrel brushed stainless cap with a gold clip and a little black bead on top of the cap. the clutch ring is gold colored. Probably a poor man's show piece, cap markings indicate: E.III Made in UK. 45, and Parker logo. Any idea when it was made?

Well, I'm not quite Using it YET today but that's the goal.

I'm cleaning out a $13 shipped Super 21, Black, convex cap top off of Fleabay for a friend of mine. The cap is near mint and the barrel and hood will be too when I finish with them. Still getting a few micro-ink pigment particles out of it yet. Looks like a Medium Octanium nib that doesn't look to have any issues.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Burgundy Sonnet, fine two tone nib, burgundy Sonnet ballpoint and burgundy Sonnet pencil.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Just when I think we've got you fully exorcised, Satan reels you back in.

;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Right now? I am using a jet black Parker Classic ballpoint from India. Sometimes a ballpoint fits the task better (writing at odd angles... don't ask!). :)

A nice, user-grade 61 classic in black with a capillary filler. Still need to figure out what's holding up the flow though sometimes though.

Calculating.

Just when I think we've got you fully exorcised, Satan reels you back in.

;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I've been doing most of my work with a Waterman Kultur Lara Croft Tomb Raider pen, fine nib.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Today I am using my 1951 Parker 51 Special in Navy Grey. This is such a reliable pen. This pen happens to have a 14K gold nib. It writes really well with Quink black. I have a 51 desk pen that I have had since 1962 with an Octanium nib, and it writes really well too. My first Parker was a 21, and I thought it was such a great writer. I just had trouble with the barrel cracking.

I am doing my school homework with my black Parker Sonnet (F) and Parker 75 (EF).

I have two Parker 51s and a Parker 180 on my desk.

I am using Paradise Pen ink for my Parker 75, and I am using a Parker Quink for my Parker Sonnet.

-William S. Park

Today, a Latitude Flighter, a 51 Aero and an Arrow Gen/Mark III. The 51 feels the best, still.

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

Today's Parkers are:

A green 1949 21 inscribed "Florence Roschke" (Flo-Ro for short). I really want to comment about how good that gal feels in my hand, but probably shouldn't.

A 25 in blue, with blue ink. What a nail, but smooth and safe to carry out in the shop at work. Nothing short of a direct hit from a fork truck could take that thing out!

Have a nice day!

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

Today's pick is a nice 1946 Parker 51 in black with a gold filled parallel lined cap. Fine nib is writing very smoothly. Ink today is Montblanc Black because that is what I had handy on my desk this morning. This pen has been in my collection for a few years and only gets used once in a while as I prefer the medium nibs most of the time.

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html

As always, the Parker Sonnet and the Parker 75.

I think I'll use the Parker 180 and the Parker 51.

I am using Paradise Pen Company ink. It is surprisingly better than most of the inks I used.

I am trying to use something other than a Parker next time.

-William S. Park

p.s. YAY this is my 100th post. Now I am rare! :D

Edited by william2001