#151 larsbj

larsbj

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2013 - 18:31

Most often the name of the pen & ink, nib size, and my name. And these lined figure-8. And the quick brown fox. But now that I think of it a will convert to writing lyrics. Led Zeppelin? Yupp. Probably Stairway etc.

Favorite of the day: My new Edison Nouveau Premiere LE in macassar ebonite, 1.1 stub

#152 TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:20

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary" The opening line of The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe 

#153 dragos.mocanu

dragos.mocanu

FP Enthusiast

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 14:41

"[...]But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

(W.B. Yeats, Cloths of Heaven)

and of course, the standard quick brown fox which jumps over the lazy dog routine (with some subtle variations)

#154 CAG_1787

CAG_1787

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 18:44

A quick question to all the Americans who said they write out all of those patriotic quotations, is that actually patriotism, or is it just that you had it dinned into your heads in school (or wherever)?  I'm not trying to offend or upset anyone by asking that, I merely ask out of curiosity - I'm British, culturally speaking, we tend not to be big on patriotism.

I can't speak for all, but it's certainly genuine patriotism for my part.
“You cultivate the essential virtues: high purpose, intelligence, decency, humility, fear of the Lord, and the passion for freedom.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

#155 akohtz

akohtz

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 19:11

I use Lincoln's Gettysburg address often as well too. I can recite most of it from memory with the occasional slip here at there too.

Hamlet's famous speech ... I just now got to the "slings and arrows." and got lost. LOL.

Often I find myself writing out the months and the days of the week when testing.

- Andrew

Edited by akohtz, 25 October 2013 - 19:11.

#156 cmalanis

cmalanis

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 00:13

some of my favorite test phrases:

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood"

"En un lugar de la mancha de cuyo nombre no me quiero acordar" (from El Quijote by Cervantes)

and usually I write the alphabet: "ABCDE..."