A Chuckle A Day

Left FPN

How odd, I had just copied the very same auction to put on my Chuckle topic. Then I come here and minjiha2 has stolen my thunder....I was going to say, There's something not quite right about this pen, I just can't make out what it is.

But this one takes the biscuit.

I waited so long until I could post something here! As soon as I saw the Frankenpen, I said to my self "Yeeeeeeeees!"

By the way, the second pen looks ghostly as well...

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• RMN

• pajaro

• Sinistral1

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited so long until I could post something here! As soon as I saw the Frankenpen, I said to my self "Yeeeeeeeees!"

And you did well. That wasn't a chuckle, that was a belly laugh....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

The second pen has changed, the original listing had the wrong picture loaded............it was an old, rusty, Huntley and Palmer biscuit tin.

Well there is this Edson. Why do I not get a warm feeling about it.

The lifted photo, the lifted description stating Unused, Uopened.

Also look at the sellers other items for sale, Clothes & 3D printers but Neck Restoration Cream....what the h*#%$ is that.

Did I just do a bad thing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WATERMANS-FOUNTAIN-PEN-Chrome-Blue-Gold-tone-Clip-/271447413732?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=WIlOIoJo0YBWcsUm1lqMmXP2MJs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_9285wt_1339

Scroll down to listing. It's the light green "Waterman" with the poorly fitting gold cap.

This is what happens when you are looking at a pen using an iPhone and can't really see what you're getting.

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

That's a CC, a cheaper version of the CF but takes the same carts and converters. Good luck hunting one up for this pen. It still has the chalk mark for the M nib. Great deal for $10.

Well, I panicked and asked for my payment to be refunded, which the seller did. I liked the colors, but the nib looked strange to me and it looked like the cap didn't fit down far enough. I would have no idea how to find any obscure carts, so I think the refund is the best course of action for me to take.

Thanks for the info, Uncle Red - I'll let the seller know what the pen actually is.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Well there is this Edson. Why do I not get a warm feeling about it.

The lifted photo, the lifted description stating Unused, Uopened.

Also look at the sellers other items for sale, Clothes & 3D printers but Neck Restoration Cream....what the h*#%$ is that.

That's pretty funny. Neck restoration cream might be that stuff that tightens up double chins, etc.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Special Laureat at £130 it must be....ahhh yes I can now see why.

Specialy tempered stainless steel, silver like glow. Actually it is the Silver Plated Guillochie model.

The Waterman Laureat, the predecessor of the Le Man 100, which are nearly identical pens ???????????

Edited by Force

Special Laureat at £130 it must be....ahhh yes I can now see why.

Specialy tempered stainless steel, silver like glow. Actually it is the Silver Plated Guillochie model.

The Waterman Laureat, the predecessor of the Le Man 100, which are nearly identical pens ???????????

And there is more: This pen can take any size cartridge.

Wow, that's what I have been waiting for. Some nice Sheaffer carts in my Waterman...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I'm not even sure the nib is salvageable....

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Huddersfield, Huddersfield and Waterman's Pens.

Must have used them for signing those lucrative contracts back then....£5 a week, you expect us to pay you that LAD....£3 and that's yer lot.

and what about those trowsis....

fpn_1398142707__huddersfield.jpg

Edited by Force

OXFORD BAGS! I lift from the included link: "While the original Oxford Bags measured no more than 48" in circumference at the cuff, the extreme Bags measured much more, upwards of 56" or more in circumference. Below are examples of such extreme Bags."

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

Who says women are the only ones to enjoy extreme fashion. I wonder how many men tripped on their own pant legs and did a face plant in front of the people they were trying to impress.

and not a mention of the most obvious....bent nib

If I may add to my post above....the trowsis, I suppose being footballers they had to be baggy....it leaves plenty of room for some fancy ball work.

Edited by Force