A Chuckle A Day

Left FPN

Yes, a completely missing band between section and barrel. And I'm probably wrong about this- but I think when the Executive was new, especially in this style box, they were still using the metal converter.

I don't believe the box to be genuine. The font form of the W places it in the 70's era when these were not avilable. I have an original FP new from 1986 in the same Burgundy Lacquer and it came with the converter shown. This colour remains in a 1988 catalogue....where is also shown the missing ring.

Maybe a few other members can inform the seller it is not 100%...he does not believe me even with photo evidence.

Edited by Force

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• RMN

• pajaro

• Sinistral1

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much a chuckle but more a scam,

Here and here

the UK seller is adamant his pen is a Waterman so he has worded the description to imply such but also to confuse.

Not so much a chuckle but more a scam,

Here and here

the UK seller is adamant his pen is a Waterman so he has worded the description to imply such but also to confuse.

Unknown type, non typical characterisics. Looks more like a MB fake.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

When I looked, the one that said "Monticello" had been pulled becasue of an "error" in the description.

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

When I looked, the one that said "Monticello" had been pulled becasue of an "error" in the description.

Yes, I informed both the pens were not Waterman. The pulled auction ebayer had principles the other not so.

I have no idea what this was supposed to translate to. And I don't want this pen.

BUT! Now I really want an Amphibious Double Written Pen Pen, whatever that is!

And I love the description. I want to steal it to use in my ads.

Is the Carene considered amphibious?

Edited by esteroids

I have no idea what this was supposed to translate to. And I don't want this pen.

BUT! Now I really want an Amphibious Double Written Pen Pen, whatever that is!

And I love the description. I want to steal it to use in my ads.

Is the Carene considered amphibious?

Here is the Waterman equivalent.

Only with waterproof ink.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I would say cap and barrel are different pattern.

D.ick

~

~

I would say cap and barrel are different pattern.

D.ick

Correct, cap is an Amazon, barrel a Marble. I have mentioned this to the seller but await a reply.

The nib has corrosion so the price is somewhat high when both problems are considered.

Edited by Force

Description does not state in downright, but implies, falsely, that this is an Edson. At least the pic shows otherwise.

D.ick

~

~

Any modern Waterman made by Lewis Edson Waterman would have rarity going for it. If Lewis actually signed it - I'm doing the buy-it-now. I'll message the seller to find out.

I wonder where the rooller is...

D.ick

~

~

Oh dear. Talking about Frankenpen. Cap and barrel not fitting, nib and feed not fitting (or the feed very badly placed) And the tines on that nib look like they have been straightened.

at current price (1 quid) not bad for parts.

D.ick

~

~

How odd, I had just copied the very same auction to put on my Chuckle topic. Then I come here and minjiha2 has stolen my thunder....I was going to say, There's something not quite right about this pen, I just can't make out what it is.

But this one takes the biscuit.

Edited by Force

Odd little pen that one.....

I do find the Frankenpen attractive, but then I'm into "personalized" items....

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png