New Diamine Flower Set

The Good Captain

Just a brief announcement and short review of the forthcoming ten new colours in Diamine's Flower set. This new collection will surely be a popular addition to the growing Diamine range and I think the colours certainly will be a hit. Obviously, the names of the inks are subjective: no-one can categorically say that the 'Marigold' for example isn't the same colour as that flower that person has just picked for the table vase. Also, it must be remembered that how I see the scanned examples, isn't necessarily how others may view them on their particular screens. Well, that's just the way of it.

So, here they are. Ten inks; ten flowers; coming out in October, so I'm told.

As is Salamander!

I've tried to pair them up, from the purple/blue, to the red/orange. Carnation was tricky. Judge for yourselves in October.

fpn_1377358319__diamine_flower_set_0001-

fpn_1377358337__diamine_flower_set_0002-

fpn_1377358371__diamine_flower_set_0003-

fpn_1377358399__diamine_flower_set_0004-

fpn_1377358422__diamine_flower_set_0005-

The colours are: Aster; Cornflower; Iris; Pansy; Bougainvillea; Carnation; Burgundy Rose; Gerbera; Tulip and Marigold. I've no idea how the inks will be packaged but as it will be a 'set' I suppose that they will be boxed much like the popular Music offering from last year. No other details I'm afraid - the inks, with the note arrived this morning.

Let's just sit back and enjoy!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• cybaea

• lapis

• Centopar

Looks good. Sheen on any of them?

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Not had time to study the possibility of sheen; shading and so on. I've only just scanned them so you'll all have to be patient. The blues and purples are quite nice but I don't normally do reds and paler. But, the Aster, cornflower and Burgundy Rose are rather tasty.

The Good Captain

Cornflower, Pansy, and Burgundy Rose look positively fragrant.

Gerbera...confuses me. I can't tell if it's pink/peach/apricot/orange or all of the above. So I can't stop looking at it. I assume this is a good thing.

Marigold seems like the softer, gentler cousin to Apache Sunset. That's a good thing too! =D

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Have you and/or Phil ever discussed how cum their sets are solely available as such???????

Why don't hey sell all plants and musicals individually at the usual prices plus the whole set at a giant discount instead???????????

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks for the review! Several keepers there!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Have you and/or Phil ever discussed how cum their sets are solely available as such???????

Why don't hey sell all plants and musicals individually at the usual prices plus the whole set at a giant discount instead???????????

Come on: they already have 100 standard colours. They need to do something different; such are the Laws of Marketing :) I thought the Composers set was a pretty good idea from a marketing perspective. This set is also lovely, if perhaps -- and I am nitpicking here -- a little too obvious, especially in the naming, and -- still nitpicking -- in usual Diamine style it has too many reds. But still fundamentally a good idea to introduce some sort of exclusivity (or rather: scarcity). If I was advising them (and while I do advice companies on marketing and data for a living don't take this too serious) I would probably encourage more exclusivity, e.g. by committing to only producing the set for one year (but infinite 'refills' for registered owners).

Go, Diamine! Go!

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

I love them all! I like the colors in the Music set, but I *love* these and will surely get them, boxed or no. My favorites are Carnation, Gerbera, and Tulip.

I'd get Iris first... but....

...I'll just keep my eye open...

The Good Captain

Suppose I'll get it.........!!!

I'd think you were ill if you didn't!

The Good Captain

...I'll just keep my eye open...

My eyes are brown but open to anyone, Someday, they might even be available for free. (I.e. without me demanding that you buy the whole set).

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

My eyes are brown but open to anyone, Someday, they might even be available for free. (I.e. without me demanding that you buy the whole set).

Hey now; I just scan a few ink colours and show them to people. I wish I'd got some say in how things are marketed, by loads of people but I haven't. Whether colours of the sets are ever available in other packaging formats or in individual bottles: that's something for other people to decide.

Off the record though...I don't think that 8-track tapes have much life left.

The Good Captain

Ooooo, pretty! Looks like there may be some candidates for good shading in this collection. I don't normally fancy orange, but Marigold seems quite appealing (errr, as do all the others, too!).

Thanks very much for the preview!